Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1608970 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #2565 on: September 14, 2018, 04:03:10 PM »

If Manafort cooperates with Mueller he will essentially receive a pardon, Trump could pardon him for the Fedderal crimes, but he still faces state charges that might keep a 70 YO guy in jail for the rest of his life.

As I understand it, the deal that includes his cooperation still has him being charged on the two counts involving conspiracy and obstruction of justice.  And the 8 counts from the last trial stand, only the charges that hung the jury get dropped.  So I don't see this deal as equivalent to a pardon.

Fair point on the state charges, but its unclear to me that those now get dropped, so he may still end up facing those anyway.

---

A lot of focus on what Manafort will spill about Trump Sr, understandably.  But one guy we know is now fucked is Trump Jr, because there is zero chance that dude is not lying about the Trump Tower meeting.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: September 14, 2018, 04:05:06 PM »

The French are big investors in California...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_California

Maybe we can get the French to open a new movie studio here in Anaheim.

I knew that the Japanese are big investors in California, but I did not know that the French are big investors here.

Salute,

Tony V.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: September 14, 2018, 04:16:01 PM »

If Manafort cooperates with Mueller he will essentially receive a pardon, Trump could pardon him for the Fedderal crimes, but he still faces state charges that might keep a 70 YO guy in jail for the rest of his life.

As I understand it, the deal that includes his cooperation still has him being charged on the two counts involving conspiracy and obstruction of justice.  And the 8 counts from the last trial stand, only the charges that hung the jury get dropped.  So I don't see this deal as equivalent to a pardon.

Fair point on the state charges, but its unclear to me that those now get dropped, so he may still end up facing those anyway.

---

A lot of focus on what Manafort will spill about Trump Sr, understandably.  But one guy we know is now fucked is Trump Jr, because there is zero chance that dude is not lying about the Trump Tower meeting.

His previous ( 8) convictions are alive, and he just pleaded guilty to two more. From my understanding the sentencing on those (and they could total decades) and whether other charges get dropped probably depend upon the cooperation Mueller receives from Manafort. eg. Manafort is highly motivated to be cooperative.

My guess is that the state stuff stays alive as the insurance policy against a Presidential pardon.

Manafort had no clean exit so he chose the one that probably gace him a shot at the least jail time.

It seems Manafort has the ability to ID the smoking AK-47s and probably the info to place them in the Trump crime family's hands.

And agreed on DJT jr.

I hoped  he gets found guilty of crimes against the contry, and executed as a traitor.

Or someone leaves a pistol by his bedside.

And I'm serious.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 04:18:09 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2568 on: September 14, 2018, 04:53:56 PM »

---

His previous ( 8) convictions are alive, and he just pleaded guilty to two more. From my understanding the sentencing on those (and they could total decades) and whether other charges get dropped probably depend upon the cooperation Mueller receives from Manafort. eg. Manafort is highly motivated to be cooperative.

My guess is that the state stuff stays alive as the insurance policy against a Presidential pardon.

Manafort had no clean exit so he chose the one that probably gace him a shot at the least jail time.

It seems Manafort has the ability to ID the smoking AK-47s and probably the info to place them in the Trump crime family's hands.

And agreed on DJT jr.

I hoped  he gets found guilty of crimes against the contry, and executed as a traitor.

Or someone leaves a pistol by his bedside.

And I'm serious.

The guy who should be worried about what Manafort says to Mueller is the guy Manafort brought into the campaign, the same guy who led the transition and for whom there is no ambiguity over whether or not he can be indicted...

Mike Pence should be in church praying and sweating bullets.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: September 14, 2018, 05:34:41 PM »

”Do you not know the difference between domestic violence and sexual harrassment?

Don’t you?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/02/09/rob-porter-was-quintessential-golden-boy-from-belmont-now-accused-abuse-two-wives/NloiHioR0akJShDV2AqD4O/story.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/ex-wife-accused-wh-aide-rips-trump-suggesting-he-didn-n847531

Give it up. You bitch that I speak about the black experience in America but then want me to be responsible for all black people in America.

Why don’t you answer for all the white men who stalk others on the internet and threaten to dox them? You should know all about that.

You like to put words in other people's posts.

You stay silent on difficult matters at hand within the black community. I don't see that self-imposed mugging going on among the White folks here. Call it white privilege, but we pretty much throw down on everyone. 

You don't. You just throw down on white men. Or people you judge to NOT BE of color. You do it all the time.

Then, when called on it, you launch the personal attacks, the fuck you shit, and the you can't understand because you're not me crap.

You are as big a fake and phony as anyone here. So hopefully off the high horse.  But watch your step. That shit you threw down is going to stick to your bo-boes.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 05:38:11 PM by MrUtley3 »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: September 14, 2018, 05:36:03 PM »

Unrelated to the Trump, NFL, or Tennis wars is this bit from the news about the explosions (60-80 fires and explosions!) in Massachusetts:

NTSB says it’s involved because pipelines are a mode of transportation

Say what?!

Transportation of natural gas. Makes sense.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: September 14, 2018, 06:00:53 PM »

Unrelated to the Trump, NFL, or Tennis wars is this bit from the news about the explosions (60-80 fires and explosions!) in Massachusetts:

NTSB says it’s involved because pipelines are a mode of transportation

Say what?!

Transportation of natural gas. Makes sense.

Are wires transportation of electricity (or signals or whatever)?

Does that mean that the water pipes that have proven so problematic are also NTSB, in which case they have fallen asleep on the job! Or sewers?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: September 14, 2018, 06:37:24 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc1QJVeDZYQ

White Genocide: Fake and Present Danger
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: September 14, 2018, 07:22:58 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: September 14, 2018, 07:24:26 PM »

"The board also voted to add back into the curriculum a reference to the "heroism" of the defenders of the Alamo, which had been recommended for elimination, as well as Moses' influence on the writing of the founding documents, multiple references to "Judeo-Christian" values and a requirement that students explain how the "Arab rejection of the State of Israel has led to ongoing conflict" in the Middle East."

Not removed: Billy Graham.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/education/2018/09/14/history-curriculum-texas-remembers-alamo-forgets-hillary-clinton-helen-keller

The Texas Board of Education is out of touch with (a) America, (b) education.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: September 14, 2018, 08:26:56 PM »

How to minimize abortions, if men really wanted to (which they don't).

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1040468130433097728

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: September 14, 2018, 08:38:22 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/14/politics/pompeo-kerry-iran/index.html

I am not a fan of Kerry's, in general. Nor of his talking about foreign policy with his former peers.

But Pompeo's claims that this was unprecedented are hilarious!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: September 14, 2018, 08:41:04 PM »

How to minimize abortions, if men really wanted to (which they don’t)
You speaking of all men?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: September 14, 2018, 08:55:37 PM »

Further -

Trump's statement, "They are just trying to make me look bad"

is true.
Nobody has to try to make Trump look bad.

Defending trump makes kid look bad, so someone is looking worse because of trump.

Is that what I am doing?

Kamala Harris 8-1 in most recent offering (top Dem) and second choice.

Trump is at.......

1.35-1

(Oprah 40 and Dwayne Johnson 50)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: September 14, 2018, 09:03:02 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 4288