Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1767 1768 [1769] 1770 1771 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1599957 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #26520 on: January 17, 2020, 02:11:17 PM »

I remember the Internet in the late 80s and into the 90s.  It was amazing.  Truth mattered.  Learning was enhanced.  People around the globe could really talk to each other.  T

I distinctly recall using the internet in the Summer of '91 and it would take 5-10 minutes for a webpage to load.  I would read the newspaper until a website became available. 

Not sure if that was 14.4 / 28.8 dial-up or better, since I was using it at my university library.  Seemed like it wasn't until 95 or so that the internet was really usable.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26521 on: January 17, 2020, 02:21:31 PM »

If truth doesn't matter, then it's really just a role-playing game.  You come in, take some potshots, have a few laughs. 

You I have been quite good at that game.
fify
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #26522 on: January 17, 2020, 02:44:08 PM »

The Right Stuff: Sanctuary law a burden to taxpayers

https://www.dailyrepublic.com/all-dr-news/opinion/local-opinion-columnists/the-right-stuff-5/

---Pro-immigrant advocates must be taken to task for their actions against American citizens and American agencies. Taxpayers suffer violence, costs associated with all aspects of criminal immigrants and, in essence, are an enslaved population supporting a population from cultures entering this country illegally who do not share the intent to assimilate into our culture.---

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #26523 on: January 17, 2020, 02:48:39 PM »

in essence, are an enslaved population
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #26524 on: January 17, 2020, 02:53:21 PM »

If truth doesn't matter, then it's really just a role-playing game.  You come in, take some potshots, have a few laughs. 

You I have been quite good at that game.
fify
LOL. I’m sure what you wrote was not what you meant.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26525 on: January 17, 2020, 03:06:17 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/youre-a-bunch-of-dopes-and-babies-inside-trumps-stunning-tirade-against-generals/ar-BBZ3qsx?ocid=sf2

Donald Trump's tirade against our military leaders. New article, not new tirade, as I understand it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26526 on: January 17, 2020, 03:09:45 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/17/politics/pompeo-yovanovitch-surveillance/index.html

It took him 48 hours to even open his mouth about this.

Amazing, and not in a good way.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26527 on: January 17, 2020, 03:14:51 PM »

"This is definitely an 'are you f---ing kidding me?' kinda day."
~Monica Lewinsky, on the news that Trump's hired Ken Starr and Robert Ray as a part of his impeachment trial team

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26528 on: January 17, 2020, 03:26:06 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/17/us/survey-shows-more-americans-alarmed-by-global-warming/index.html

10% of the US agrees with Bambi about global warming and climate change.

~60% believe it is alarming or concerning. Progress. Hey, maybe we won't have to have a city underwater before enough folks believe it to get Congress and the president to act. And by act I mean something more aggressive than remedial carbon absorption.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26529 on: January 17, 2020, 03:58:02 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/17/us/survey-shows-more-americans-alarmed-by-global-warming/index.html

~60% believe it is alarming or concerning. Progress. Hey, maybe we won't have to have a city underwater before enough folks believe it to get Congress and the president to act. And by act I mean something more aggressive than remedial carbon absorption.

The percentage would be higher if they realised that the globe heats up and cools down by itself.
Also if they knew that the percentage of CO2 in the atmosphere is 0.04%, that 97% of that occurs naturally, and America's emissions are only a share of the remaining 3%.
They might agree with no1 radio host that it's all a hoax..or the most part of it's a hoax...."to upend society".
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26530 on: January 17, 2020, 04:12:54 PM »

IMAGINE being unfortunate enough to be Black and live in Mississippi.

Looks like nothing much has changed there since "In The Heat Of The Night".

https://www.heraldstandard.com/news/national/mississippi-upholds--year-sentence-for-cellphone-in-jail/article_f8dd2474-e085-5d91-864c-cbe146d9c9b4.html

12-year sentence for jail phone is 'failure,' justice says

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — The Mississippi Supreme Court's confirmation of a 12-year prison sentence for an African American man who carried his mobile phone into a county jail cell is being slammed as a brutal example of racial injustice.

Even one of the justices who joined in the unanimous ruling said that while the sentence is legal, the prosecutor and trial judge could have avoided punishing the man entirely.

Justice Leslie King is currently the only African American justice on the nine-member court. He wrote that Willie Nash's case “seems to demonstrate a failure of our criminal justice system on multiple levels" because it's not clear whether Nash was properly searched or told not to take his phone into his cell when he was booked on a misdemeanor charge.

#####

Where's 'Hollywood'?
They were all outraged when that French actor Juicy Smoolyay said he was beaten up in Chicago late at night by White guys wearing MAGA hats.
Outrage all over their Twitter feeds, "Justice for juicy" and all that.
So, hey, what about some "Justice for Willie" outrage? ...demanding a 'retrial' and maybe a 12 day or 12 month extra sentence, not 12 years.
Or no extra sentence!   easy to come up with an excuse..."Mr Nash was never told he could not take his phone into his cell".

The best idea is for all the Black people in Mississippi to move out and go live in other states.
They could announce they're moving to Hollywood.
Or Washington DC.

5 deaths in the Mississippi prison system in recent days?
Someone should be finding out what's going on...running the place thru a very large microscope.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 04:23:23 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #26531 on: January 17, 2020, 04:19:43 PM »

---Pro-immigrant advocates must be taken to task for their actions against American citizens and American agencies. Taxpayers suffer violence, costs associated with all aspects of criminal immigrants and, in essence, are an enslaved population supporting a population from cultures entering this country illegally who do not share the intent to assimilate into our culture.---

Was that written by a native English speaker?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26532 on: January 17, 2020, 04:21:42 PM »

The percentage would be higher if they realised that the globe heats up and cools down by itself.

No, you fool.

They know that. We all know that.

We all also know that what is happening these days is beyond that normal cycling.

You don't.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26533 on: January 17, 2020, 05:09:45 PM »

Get the PRESIDENT to act?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26534 on: January 17, 2020, 05:10:29 PM »

Drawing

Nice to see you are still in school
Pages: 1 ... 1767 1768 [1769] 1770 1771 ... 4288