Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1808 1809 [1810] 1811 1812 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1608493 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #27135 on: February 03, 2020, 11:58:45 PM »

Chris Matthews:  "Democrats can't even get e three car funeral organized"

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27136 on: February 04, 2020, 01:13:20 AM »

Results expected "sometime Tuesday"

Too fucking funny!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27137 on: February 04, 2020, 04:13:47 AM »

How often do 75% of Americans agree on something like that?   If a 75% majority can't get any traction with their elected representatives then democracy is completely broken.

After a number of years under Moscow Mitch’s leadership, Senate republicans are very well acquainted with having their votes stolen and not having any opportunity to vote at all, except to rubber stamp incompetent crooked psychotics to lifetime appointments on the federal bench.

This senate majority is quite used to having no vote, no voice, no say. Why would they have a problem letting anyone else’s vote get stolen, especially those they think don’t approve of their corrupt and devastating tenures in office?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27138 on: February 04, 2020, 07:28:26 AM »

So you're still choosing not to answer my question.   Where are the "other" high crimes and misdemeanors defined in the Constitution? That's fine.  I'll look for a better teacher.
Personally, I have wondered, if "high crimes and misdemeanors" is to be read in a criminal sense, is spitting on the sidewalk an impeachable offense?

Though to be fair, I suspect Red's actual definition of "high crimes and misdemeanors" is "things Democrats do."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 07:33:44 AM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27139 on: February 04, 2020, 07:31:41 AM »

Alexander concluded by stating
our founding documents provide for duly elected presidents who serve with the ‘ consent of the governed’, not at the pleasure of Congress
Let the People decide

No.  It's the latter - in between elections
That is an excellent argument against ever impeaching an elected official, ever.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #27140 on: February 04, 2020, 07:38:57 AM »

Rumors abound at the democrat cluster kerfuffle in Iowa.
Caucus results for Bernie Sanders are being sent to  Crowdsource folks using Hillary’s illicit server in the Ukraine.
And the Iowa Sioux Nation is relaying info of Elizabeth Warren’s fate via smoke signals.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #27141 on: February 04, 2020, 07:50:09 AM »

Trust me, it's better when jokes are funny.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #27142 on: February 04, 2020, 07:59:39 AM »

The over emphasis on caucuses and primaries is absurd. Time for a return to bosses, party professionals, smoke-filled rooms and machine politics for the Democrats.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27143 on: February 04, 2020, 08:19:25 AM »

Rumors abound at the democrat cluster kerfuffle in Iowa.
Caucus results for Bernie Sanders are being sent to  Crowdsource folks using Hillary’s illicit server in the Ukraine.
And the Iowa Sioux Nation is relaying info of Elizabeth Warren’s fate via smoke signals.

GOP clears Trump of wrongdoing even after they admit he’s guilty. You have no standing to crack wise over anything.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #27144 on: February 04, 2020, 09:27:49 AM »

DUH Moines!

Are the democrats using the ELBA platform to count the Caucuses?
LOL!

barton

« Reply #27145 on: February 04, 2020, 09:36:28 AM »

Red studied humor,  so that he could learn to use it skillfully on message boards.  He took courses at the Prussian Academy of Humor.   

barton

« Reply #27146 on: February 04, 2020, 09:37:48 AM »

The over emphasis on caucuses and primaries is absurd. Time for a return to bosses, party professionals, smoke-filled rooms and machine politics for the Democrats.

Given that the present system is like herding cats,  I think you may be right. 

barton

« Reply #27147 on: February 04, 2020, 09:39:55 AM »

Chris Matthews:  "Democrats can't even get e three car funeral organized"

Given the demographics of the GOP,  one would expect them to be better at funeral planning. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27148 on: February 04, 2020, 10:32:11 AM »

DUH Moines!

Are the democrats using the ELBA platform to count the Caucuses?
LOL!

Is THIS your King?

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article239918518.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

oilcan

« Reply #27149 on: February 04, 2020, 01:02:24 PM »

So, the guy in the video fidgeting and acting silly and fake-conducting while the National Anthem is played and everyone else is standing at attention, is the guy who wanted Colin K kicked out of football forever.  Wow. 

Pages: 1 ... 1808 1809 [1810] 1811 1812 ... 4288