Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1813 1814 [1815] 1816 1817 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1600398 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #27211 on: February 05, 2020, 12:50:35 AM »

Pot, Meet Kettle: Trump Gets Dragged After Video Shows Him Goofing Off During National Anthem

https://atlantablackstar.com/2020/02/04/pot-meet-kettle-trump-gets-dragged-after-video-shows-him-goofing-off-during-national-anthem/
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27212 on: February 05, 2020, 12:53:15 AM »

I didn’t watch the SOTU speech, I watched a good chunk of Jack Ryan season 2 on Amazon.

But I can imagine a pre speech conversation between Spkr. Pelosi and VP Pence.

Pelosi: Dude, they must really hate you!

Pence: what do you mean?

Pelosi: you’re up here tonight because they’d rather stand behind that lying piece of shit.

Pence:

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27213 on: February 05, 2020, 01:05:01 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27214 on: February 05, 2020, 01:13:36 AM »

Can anyone point to where job growth SOARED under Donald Trump?

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27215 on: February 05, 2020, 02:57:26 AM »

Republicans would have gone for the censure.
No, that was floated in the House by conservative Democrats and got zero support. Criticism of our exalted leader is not allowed.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27216 on: February 05, 2020, 09:08:36 AM »

Scarborough and wife:  "Nancy Pelosi ripped up the State of the Union in front of Donald Trump

Well, no - Joe - it was behind him.

Tough day for Joe, seeing the home run hit last night and so many 2020 homers leaving his beloved Red Sox.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27217 on: February 05, 2020, 09:21:28 AM »

Scarborough and wife:  "Nancy Pelosi ripped up the State of the Union in front of Donald Trump

Tough day for Joe, seeing the home run hit last night and so many 2020 homers leaving his beloved Red Sox.

Nancy Pelosi took it out of the park.

She went big fly for the walk off.

And it’s all the conservatives are bitching about this morning...

Drip, drip, drip...

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27218 on: February 05, 2020, 09:25:11 AM »

Tough day for Joe, seeing the home run hit last night....
Whitmer was pretty good, wasn't she. Not sure it was a home run but at least she managed to open her mouth and not lie, so that is one up on the self congratulatory back slap that preceded it. Some pundits were saying Trump's STFU lacked a unifying theme, but like everything the man utters, the unifying theme was "I am Trump! I am great! Worship me!"

Saw.a clip of Susan Collins from the morning, talking about how she believes being impeached has taught Trump a lesson. Which indeed it has, though not a positive one. Collins, though, remains concerned and if Trump repeats this behavior she will consider expressing that concern in a strongly worded letter but in the end choose not to.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #27219 on: February 05, 2020, 09:29:30 AM »

I think the only thing that matters is Trump not being President anymore.  While ripping up the State of the Union is aesthetically pleasing, it's very hard to believe that such an act is actually step toward achievement of that.   

Running a campaign focusing in large part what Whitmer did in her response would be a nice step.  As would coming up with a decent candidate.   
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 09:32:24 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27220 on: February 05, 2020, 09:43:52 AM »

I think the only thing that matters is Trump not being President anymore. 

Well - good news.  In time you will have this.

barton

« Reply #27221 on: February 05, 2020, 09:48:20 AM »

Trump's STFU

Good one.   

I watched an old episode of The Outer Limits, the one where Beau Bridges breeds Martian bugs that begin to worship him as a deity.   (based on "Sandkings" by George R. R. Martin,  if that means anything to anyone)  Not quite the total escape from current events I'd hoped for.

barton

« Reply #27222 on: February 05, 2020, 09:51:35 AM »

I think the only thing that matters is Trump not being President anymore. 

Well - good news.  In time you will have this.

Hopefully in time to save democracy,  and the fragile ecosystems upon which our lives depend.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #27223 on: February 05, 2020, 11:28:52 AM »

Observations.

Trump approval rate today is the highest of his term.

Senate will vote to acquit Trump on Impeachment Charges.

Nancy Pelosi boasts “ Trump will be impeached FOREVER!

I think the dems may need a different rallying cry.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #27224 on: February 05, 2020, 11:35:20 AM »

Saw a clip of Susan Collins from the morning, talking about how she believes being impeached has taught Trump a lesson.
Just a slight variation of the same old song she’s been singing for years. It’s amazing how many people continue to bite on this every time she sings it. Maybe this time the people who voted for her will finally say “That’s enough, Susan….we’ve heard this one way too many times now. Time for you to retire.”
Pages: 1 ... 1813 1814 [1815] 1816 1817 ... 4288