Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2057 2058 [2059] 2060 2061 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1596526 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30870 on: April 05, 2020, 05:18:59 PM »

Kid, shortages "in some places" are shortages. 4 of the 8 manufacturing companies around the world were short before President Trump reiterated how everybody should be using this.

You fit in good with the media

Direct quotes only, please.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30871 on: April 05, 2020, 05:26:04 PM »

In the last week, this once obscure drug has been thrust into the national spotlight with everyone from doctors, to laypeople, to the U.S. president weighing in. The attention has so dramatically driven up demand that pharmacists are reporting depleted stocks of the drug, leaving many of the roughly 1.5 million lupus patients across the country unable to get their prescriptions filled. They now face an uncertain future as the public clings to one of the first signs of hope to appear since the coronavirus began sweeping across the U.S.

Nope

Writer took extreme liberties here

The one example given - the patient WAS able to get the drug.

It's all supposition and getting people scared - and anxiety can be a contributory killer.

barton

« Reply #30872 on: April 05, 2020, 05:30:50 PM »

If people didn't kill and eat animals both people and animals would be safer and better off.  Meat = murder.  I don't really differentiate between the deaths.  The animal holocaust is endless and appalling.
I am certain cows or.pigs, were our positions on the food chain reversed, would keep us in herds and eat us without a second thought. Fuck them.

I remember Oilcanboyd (Dennis) used to post that same sentiment.   I think most vegetarians are more objecting to the factory farming aspect.   I am okay with a hunter-gatherer spearing and then thanking the prey it's going to eat.   That animal had a free life,  natural bonding with its fellows,  then a swift death when it was old and too slow to outrun the ape-things.   The agricultural revolution,  around 9500 BC,  was mostly the end of treating our prey with some respect.
Factory farming animals bad, factory farming vegetables is ok? Consider this:

She thought of the endless waves of pain that for some reason or other she and her husband had to endure; of the invisible giants hurting her boy in some unimaginable fashion; of the incalculable amount of tenderness contained in the world; of the fate of this tenderness, which is either crushed, or wasted, or transformed into madness; of neglected children humming to themselves in unswept corners; of beautiful weeds that cannot hide from the farmer and helplessly have to watch the shadow of his simian stoop leave mangled flowers in its wake, as the monstrous darkness approaches.

- VN

I read your Nabokov quote, weeping while I stuffed myself with jalapeno cornbread from my favorite local deli. 

I missed your NYT rhapsodizing about Hungarian naked men.   

I've heard this Hungarian looked pretty good in a Speedo....

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30873 on: April 05, 2020, 05:32:53 PM »

ZERO in that article on supplies of the drug - about a company donating 1.3 million doses - and just how many COVID patients would there have to be before Lupus patients were affected.permanently. 

Would the price go up?  Bidding wars?  How easy is it to make?  Is there an endless supply of ingredients - just need the manpower?  Class?  Hello? Anyone?  Buehler?

Nah - just a negative blast piece to add to the pile. 

barton

« Reply #30874 on: April 05, 2020, 05:52:28 PM »

Are you suggesting that the promotion of hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 has not contributed to its being hoarded by people, causing a shortage of the drug?!

I am suggesting that Barton has zero evidence that sufferers of LUPUS or other diesease have died because their prescription became unavailable.  That would be both sad and improper.

Nowhere did I say anyone had died from this.  Various medical experts mention that shortages are life threatening to lupus patients.   That means that,  in the near future,  deaths could result.  You are a troll and a liar.   I note you didn't  quote my entire post,  as that would make clear your lie.   

Also,  supply chains are global,  so it's likely worthwhile to determine if the millions of small children who get malaria will be at greater risk if all the world's plus-60s are ransacking every pharma market source for an unproven compound.   These are difficult and complex questions, not really ones that are best addressed by trolls out to score points.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30875 on: April 05, 2020, 05:54:52 PM »

Didnt this guy die because

a)  the hospital sent him home

and

b)  he was never properly medicated?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/05/health/young-people-dying-coronavirus-sanjay-gupta/index.html

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30876 on: April 05, 2020, 05:57:07 PM »

You are a troll and a liar.   

Click.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30877 on: April 05, 2020, 06:00:51 PM »

In the last week, this once obscure drug has been thrust into the national spotlight with everyone from doctors, to laypeople, to the U.S. president weighing in. The attention has so dramatically driven up demand that pharmacists are reporting depleted stocks of the drug, leaving many of the roughly 1.5 million lupus patients across the country unable to get their prescriptions filled. They now face an uncertain future as the public clings to one of the first signs of hope to appear since the coronavirus began sweeping across the U.S.

Nope

Direct quotes only, please.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30878 on: April 05, 2020, 06:02:56 PM »

Anyone know why Bernie Sanders was on with Bill Maher this week?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30879 on: April 05, 2020, 06:03:01 PM »

Everyone has to have medical help available or the spread will continue.

Have you heard that patients were turned away from testing/treatment because they lacked insurance?

Yes.

Where?

This was the original story I read, though it turns out the kid was insured, but his father was not a native English speaker and the story is therefore more complicated:
https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/17-year-old-dies-of-coronavirus-was-turned-away-for-lacking-insurance/

But it could have been true.

Pretty much sums up the the total uselessness of Elba as run by you.
Time to move on.

Bye. I hope you are happier in your next stop than you have been here.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30880 on: April 05, 2020, 06:03:33 PM »

Yes.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30882 on: April 05, 2020, 06:17:19 PM »

Nope

The one example given - the patient WAS able to get the drug.

It's all supposition and getting people scared - and anxiety can be a contributory killer.

What about two months from now?

How many of your kids take Plaquinel?

. Y’all talking about Lupus as if there aren’t folks with shit you’ve never heard.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 06:32:53 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30883 on: April 05, 2020, 06:20:02 PM »

Who watches Bill Maher?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #30884 on: April 05, 2020, 06:22:54 PM »

Biden doesn’t have rocks for brains like a certain painted presidential imposter. Reason enough Biden should have everyone’s vote.

bambu-ilk want Trump.

Another equally good reason Biden should have everyone’s vote.

Why do bambu-ilk want Trump?

Because we believe he's our best [and only real] hope.
He's the Commander in Chief of the big guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QUZhK6OAJ8
'Waltzing Matilda' sung in honour of Aus guests at [State dinner] WHouse

#####

Now there's something you don't see every day at State dinners.   [a shortened version it was.]

"Once a jolly swagman camped by a billabong" :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG4A0zPjGh8
Trump, Morrison travel together to Ohio

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has travelled with American president Donald Trump to Ohio to open a paper and recycling plant owned by an Australian cardboard entrepreneur.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 06:28:41 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 2057 2058 [2059] 2060 2061 ... 4288