Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2091 2092 [2093] 2094 2095 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2006882 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #31380 on: April 10, 2020, 08:39:34 PM »

Red has found one of the three legs of the stool. He has promptly shoved it up his ass...

Can't resist:  is that one stool sample meeting another?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31381 on: April 10, 2020, 09:54:21 PM »

Red has found one of the three legs of the stool. He has promptly shoved it up his ass...

Can't resist:  is that one stool sample meeting another?

If he can get 3 in a row, Red will be well on his way to building a house.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31383 on: April 11, 2020, 01:34:48 AM »

US is up over 500,000 verified cases. Tomorrow, we'll cross 20,000 dead. We're closing on 41% of closed cases being deceased.

Both cases and deaths went up by 7+%, but that's better than when it was going up 20% and more per day.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #31384 on: April 11, 2020, 02:53:21 AM »

I'm undecided if I'll claim the $1200 the gov't is offering.  I've been affected economically by the coronavirus, just not in the US, and I don't particularly need the money.  I'll probably pass, I think.

But I figured I might as well file my tax returns for the past 2 (3?) years and get up to date before the gov't notices and sends me letters.  So I go to IRS.gov and the site itself says it will take 15 minutes to set up an account.  15 mins?  Sounds rather long and laborious.  Okay.  Then almost immediately I run into an issue in that you need a US based mobile phone in your name.  Or they'll mail a letter to your home to verify your address.  Which sure means that 15 minutes is going to be a lot longer.  I could receive an SMS and code on a relatives phone, but it says the phone should be in your own name.  Does everyone have mobile phones in the US?  Does everyone want the gov't knowing which mobile # is yours?  Hmm ...

Then when I put in all my basic info, it says that my info doesn't match their records.  So I retype my SS# and try again.  Nope.  I try removing my middle name.  Nope.  Well that was 3 tries, so the site freezes my account set-up attempt for 24 hours.  No idea what went wrong, since the info was very basic such as name, birthdate, SS#, address in the US, that I couldn't have gotten wrong.  Er. 

So now I'm 24 hours away from trying to re-register so that I can get a letter physically mailed to my parents house to verify my address.  Then once I get the letter, I'll get a code I can put in to continue trying to set up an account.  Easy and convenient!

All this plus doing a few years of tax returns (I don't owe a penny in the US) will start feeling like work, and maybe I should get paid $1200 for the effort/hassle.

I follow some IRS directions and go to https://www.freetaxusa.com/freefile to do my previous year's tax returns, and get a message saying ACCESS DENIED --FreeTaxUSA.com has banned your IP address (xxxxxxxxxxx) CN.

So in 15 minutes I got thwarted 3 different ways from doing anything.

It's all so simple ...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 03:00:02 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #31385 on: April 11, 2020, 03:17:16 AM »

From the good salon article someone linked to:

Despite Trump's belligerent ignorance ...

Belligerent ignorance.

I'll have to try to remember that phrase.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #31386 on: April 11, 2020, 09:54:14 AM »

California Governor on CNN:

During an interview aired on Friday’s broadcast of CNN’s “AC360,” California Governor Gavin Newsom (D) complimented President Trump’s handling of the coronavirus by stating that the president has met every “direct request” that California has made that the president could have met.

Newsom said, “Every single direct request that he was capable of meeting, he has met. We have the USNS Mercy in California because of his direct intervention and support. 2,000 of these federal medical stations because of his direct support. And so, I can only speak for myself, but I have to be complimentary, otherwise, I would be simply lying to you, misleading you. And that is a wonderful thing to be able to say, and I hope that continues.”
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 09:56:34 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

oilcan

« Reply #31387 on: April 11, 2020, 10:33:12 AM »

Well,  we know what happens when a public official doesn't compliment Trump.   Newsom cares about the people of California.

oilcan

« Reply #31388 on: April 11, 2020, 10:35:39 AM »

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/04/pollution-made-the-pandemic-worse-but-lockdowns-clean-the-sky/

Some interesting issues raised by the precipitous drop in tailpipe and smokestack emissions.   Free site,  all you give is an email address but it doesn't have to be a real one.   [email protected] is already taken though.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31389 on: April 11, 2020, 10:49:29 AM »

During an interview aired on Friday’s broadcast of CNN’s “AC360,” California Governor Gavin Newsom (D) complimented President Trump’s handling of the coronavirus by stating that the president has met every “direct request” that California has made that the president could have met.

Newsom said, “Every single direct request that he was capable of meeting, he has met. We have the USNS Mercy in California because of his direct intervention and support. 2,000 of these federal medical stations because of his direct support. And so, I can only speak for myself, but I have to be complimentary, otherwise, I would be simply lying to you, misleading you. And that is a wonderful thing to be able to say, and I hope that continues.”

Was a while back, wasnt it?

Speaking of governors. I know you guys dont watch the briefings - so I will point out that after being questiioned by a media member yesterday (ina  gotcha sorta manner) concerning NY governor Cuomo's
concerns, Trump said he PUT CUOMO ON QUITE A LONG CALL DIRECTLY WITH FAUCI AND BIRX, to the governor's surprise and eventual satisfaction.

Oft times the governors are working with information that is quite imperfect to say the least.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31390 on: April 11, 2020, 10:53:00 AM »

• The number of patients placed on ventilators decreased, with an average of 97 daily new cases over the last three days — a third of the 309 on April 4.

• The number of hospital admissions continued to fall, with an average of 359 daily new patients over the last three days.

• The rate of new patients needing intensive care has continued to slow down, and on Thursday, a small number of beds were freed up for the first time since the pandemic began.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/10/doctors-birx-fauci-praise-covid-19-progress-in-new-york-nj/

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #31391 on: April 11, 2020, 11:15:35 AM »

Was a while back, wasnt it?
All the way back to yesterday.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #31392 on: April 11, 2020, 11:20:03 AM »

When he was trying to get 10,000 ventilators in late March, Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom of California said he received 170 broken ones from the national stockpile as well as good ones.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #31393 on: April 11, 2020, 11:21:03 AM »

“Anybody that needs a test, gets a test,” Trump said on March 6. “They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful.” He said the same day: “Anybody that wants a test can get a test.”
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #31394 on: April 11, 2020, 11:22:45 AM »

New Hampshire, for one, received 15 rapid-test machines but 120 cartridges instead of the 1,500 expected.

Only two machines can be used. “I’m banging my head against the wall, I really am,” Republican Gov. Chris Sununu said Wednesday.

“We’re going to keep pushing on Washington multiple times a day to get what we need.”
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 2091 2092 [2093] 2094 2095 ... 4288