Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2099 2100 [2101] 2102 2103 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2006096 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #31500 on: April 13, 2020, 12:24:57 PM »

Yes, but the headline.... "his wife, the VP..." -->
in how many countries is the VP the president's wife?!

Azerbaijan.

The Azerbaijan government homepage makes her sound like the greatest person who ever lived:  https://mehriban-aliyeva.az/en/site/biography
She's a doctor (eye doctor) which can't hurt in these times.

Also, Nepotism Bonus Points as President Aliyev is the son of Azerbaijan's 1st president, who is hailed as perhaps the greatest leader ever.

Mugabe got in trouble when he tried to remove his Veep and install his wife.
http://www.african-bulletin.com/9720-zimbabwe-mugabe-fires-vice-president-to-propel-wife.html
That was pretty much the end of his nearly 4 decade reign.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 12:30:09 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31501 on: April 13, 2020, 01:00:05 PM »

I do think it might be time for Dr Fauci to step aside - forced or otherwise.

Tony is the most experienced - and possibly the most knowledgeable in the US on infectious disease - but right now is not the BEST to have on camera in concert with Dr Birx, Dr Adams and President Trump.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31502 on: April 13, 2020, 01:03:09 PM »

It's really hard to see how Trump gets more votes than Biden. Then again Hillary got more votes than trump.  But it's hard to see Trump winning the EC again. 

One word -

DEBATES

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31503 on: April 13, 2020, 01:11:17 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/10/830348837/covid-19-patients-given-unproven-drug-in-texas-nursing-home-garnering-criticism

Doctor Armstrong is a hero - just may not be called one publicly for quite a while.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #31504 on: April 13, 2020, 01:12:31 PM »

Trump barely survived the debates with Hillary.
It was the Rallies that got him through.

So only if Biden really slips up in the debates.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #31505 on: April 13, 2020, 01:14:05 PM »

"Tony".
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #31506 on: April 13, 2020, 01:14:30 PM »

I think Fauci has been mediocre.
He just looks sharp and honest next to Trump.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31507 on: April 13, 2020, 01:47:12 PM »

“I made direct requests to President Trump and Vice President Pence to supply us with enough hydroxychloroquine so that it could be made available for every hospitalized person the state may have, as well as those for health care workers on the frontlines and those in the most vulnerable populations,” Noem said.

The governor said South Dakota has received doses of hydroxychloroquine to begin the trial.

“Today, I’m pleased to report we have received the initial doses we need, and thanks to the leadership of Sanford Health and the assistance of medical teams at Avera and Monument Health, we’re going to be the first state in the nation to do a comprehensive clinical trial to assess whether hydroxychloroquine can treat and perhaps even prevent COVID-19,” she said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/south-dakota-implements-statewide-hydroxychloroquine-clinical-trial-for-coronavirus-treatment

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31508 on: April 13, 2020, 02:02:07 PM »

Tony is the most experienced - and possibly the most knowledgeable in the US on infectious disease - but right now is not the BEST to have on camera in concert with Dr Birx, Dr Adams and President Trump.

Because...
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31509 on: April 13, 2020, 02:02:41 PM »

It's really hard to see how Trump gets more votes than Biden. Then again Hillary got more votes than trump.  But it's hard to see Trump winning the EC again. 

One word -

DEBATES

I don't know that Trump is going to do any.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31510 on: April 13, 2020, 02:04:51 PM »

“Today, I’m pleased to report we have received the initial doses we need, and thanks to the leadership of Sanford Health and the assistance of medical teams at Avera and Monument Health, we’re going to be the first state in the nation to do a comprehensive clinical trial to assess whether hydroxychloroquine can treat and perhaps even prevent COVID-19,” she said.

State? Sure. So what?

And whether it can prevent it has already been determined, whether she (or you) can accept it. It doesn't.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31511 on: April 13, 2020, 02:12:32 PM »

Because we do not want the most knowledgeable and experienced person helping at this time? Because he speaks the truth to us rather than spew out the line from our amateur shit show President?
A parrot bit me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31512 on: April 13, 2020, 02:41:39 PM »

FDA Commissioner Dr Stephen Hahn has been an effective mouthpiece.  Might allow Fauci more time behind the scenes to do his important work - and less time being a driving force at times for naysayers of the Administration to pound this president.

Chuck Todd had Hahn on Meet The Press yesterday - check it if you can on Youtube or NBC.com - he is quite articulate and precise in his analysis.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31514 on: April 13, 2020, 02:52:07 PM »

Headline that just caught my eye:

The president has vanished; his wife, the VP, says the coronavirus isn’t a problem.

Is that Ortega?  He's 74 and generally believed to be suffering from chronic illness.   

Yes, but the headline.... "his wife, the VP..." --> in how many countries is the VP the president's wife?!

Sandinistas came from that Marxist trend towards politicizing families.   Murillo is a relative of Sandino on her mother's side so she was born into La Revolucion de proletaria.  What's impressive is all the high offices she's held while bearing eight children.   

Somozas were a dynastic family, too.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2099 2100 [2101] 2102 2103 ... 4288