Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2115 2116 [2117] 2118 2119 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1882914 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #31740 on: April 15, 2020, 12:21:57 PM »

Trump cannot reopen states

Right - in a simplisticany manner.
fify
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31741 on: April 15, 2020, 12:23:03 PM »

So, kid, you're claiming he didn't "really" back down from these?

"The president of the United States calls the shots. [The states] can't do anything without the approval of the president of the United States."

"When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total and that's the way it's got to be. ... It's total. The governors know that."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #31742 on: April 15, 2020, 12:27:59 PM »

When there are homeless people all over, and when things are bad, instead of committing suicide, and instead of feeling helpless, we need to take ownership and fix things. The USA belongs to us. And not only can we fix things, but it is our duty as Americans to fix things.

There was a lady who my buddy Tom used to do charity work with, Darlene, and she saw the homeless people all over Orange County, and so she went to Washington DC and she got funding to help the mentally ill homeless people in Orange County, and she opened the Mental Health Association in Santa Ana. She also opened houses for the homeless people to live in. She took ownership and she took responsibility, and she helped the homeless, and she is still helping the homeless people right now.

And my buddy Tom, with my Uncle Dennis, and their crew, they raised over one million dollars to feed the hungry people, they raised money for a group named "Canning Hunger."

Instead of being helpless, we need to take ownership and we can help other people.

This is our country, and this is our planet, we need to take ownership and we need to take responsibility.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31743 on: April 15, 2020, 12:30:59 PM »

BTW, Ward, we received our direct deposits from the IRS today.

You can check to find out when to expect yours at this website:
https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31744 on: April 15, 2020, 12:36:16 PM »

Coronavirus destroys lungs. But doctors are finding its damage in kidneys, hearts and elsewhere.
A small but growing body of evidence suggests the virus invades other organs and tissues, causing heart arrhythmias, blood clots and renal failure.

WaPo

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31745 on: April 15, 2020, 01:12:15 PM »

"The president of the United States calls the shots. [The states] can't do anything without the approval of the president of the United States."

"When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total and that's the way it's got to be. ... It's total. The governors know that."

I think everything the states will do will have Trump's approval - yes.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31746 on: April 15, 2020, 01:13:35 PM »

Coronavirus destroys lungs. But doctors are finding its damage in kidneys, hearts and elsewhere.
A small but growing body of evidence suggests the virus invades other organs and tissues, causing heart arrhythmias, blood clots and renal failure.

WaPo

Yeah, this is scary

When this is "gone", what does it leave in its wake - specifically for survivors?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #31747 on: April 15, 2020, 01:25:30 PM »

BTW, Ward, we received our direct deposits from the IRS today.

You can check to find out when to expect yours at this website:
https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment
I thought he already got his! He wouldn't've LIED TO US, would he(
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #31748 on: April 15, 2020, 01:28:06 PM »

"That poop Trump laid on his desk is a perfect brown! And the smell! It is beautiful! It was such a strong, very strong dump! No president has ever taken a dump like that!"

- kiid

barton

« Reply #31749 on: April 15, 2020, 01:41:25 PM »

I've been calling it kakistocracy but maybe cacastocracy was really the term?

barton

« Reply #31750 on: April 15, 2020, 01:52:23 PM »

Good analysis by Krug Man.   It's always been about capital first,  people a distant second.

On ethics of vegetarians, I think most look at sentience. 

This just showed up in my feed:
https://aeon.co/essays/beyond-humans-what-other-kinds-of-minds-might-be-out-there?fbclid=IwAR3hRadYdDnI8BmmpuvjGp8G9E5Tuk4hb5V2gsaZmYBjPEARbsDJUG60HHw

Conscious exotica
From algorithms to aliens, could humans ever understand minds that are radically unlike our own?

I ran a website where this area of philosophy,   Wittgenstein v Nagel,  and the so-called Hard Problem of Consciousness was a massively trafficked topic for a couple years.   I read the whole long article and enjoyed a trip down memory lane to that time.   Thanks!
Still undecided on Wittgenstein and his idea of "nothing hidden."   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31751 on: April 15, 2020, 02:05:09 PM »

You mean like Illinois? Michigan?

I think you are more delusional than usual.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31752 on: April 15, 2020, 02:15:31 PM »

New York is starting to require wearing masks in public.

Are they also going to start offering free masks?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31753 on: April 15, 2020, 02:30:37 PM »

Yes really.   He made an unconstitutional claim of absolute authority.   He had to walk it back.  It revealed,  again,  who he is.   A would-be king.  No one's buying your bullshit defense.   

About on par with his immediate predecessor.

We know if we get Biden at least that mold is broken.  Joe doesn't have the chops for that.

“I alone can fix thing!”

“Yes we can!”

Shut the fuck up.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:55:06 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31754 on: April 15, 2020, 02:58:14 PM »

(a) This is not a study, but a review of cases. (b) This is not yet peer reviewed. (c) While this used hydroxychloroquine, it did not use azithromycin.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/health/new-french-study-hydroxychloroquine/index.html

(The pre-release paper: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.10.20060699v1.full.pdf )

In the French study, doctors looked back at medical records for 181 patients with Covid-19 who had pneumonia and required supplemental oxygen. About half had taken hydroxychloroquine within 48 hours of being admitted to the hospital, and the other half had not.

The doctors followed the patients and found there was no statistically significant difference in the death rates of the two groups, or their chances of being admitted to the intensive care unit.

The study also raised important safety concerns about hydroxychloroquine.

In the study, eight patients who took the drug developed abnormal heart rhythms and had to stop taking it.

Abnormal heart rhythms are a known side effect of hydroxychloroquine, which has been used for decades to treat patients with diseases such as malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.

Doctors in Sweden and Brazil have sounded warnings about chloroquine, a very similar drug, because of heart problems.

In the new study, among the 84 patients who took hydroxychloroquine, 20.2% were admitted to the ICU or died within seven days of taking the drug. Among the 97 patients who did not take the drug, 22.1% went to the ICU or died.
The difference was not determined to be statistically different

Looking just at deaths, 2.8% of the patients who took hydroxychloroquine died, and 4.6% of the patients who did not take it died. That difference was also not found to be statistically significant.

"These results do not support the use of [hydroxychloroquine] in patients hospitalised for documented SARSCoV-2-positive hypoxic pneumonia," the study authors wrote.

The study was published Tuesday on medRxiv.org, a pre-print server founded by Yale University, the journal BMJ and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. Studies published on this website have not been peer reviewed.
Pages: 1 ... 2115 2116 [2117] 2118 2119 ... 4288