Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2215 2216 [2217] 2218 2219 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2011316 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #33240 on: May 04, 2020, 12:43:28 PM »

You're just a fucking moke that doesnt really know shit.  A Monday morning QB - with arthritis

I was baffled by the slow and disorganized US response.  Couldn't believe how much nonchalance and time wasting was occurring.  If I didn't have two weeks on no computer and then a two week Mediterranean vacation, I would have been on here explaining what was going wrong in real time.  When I did return home March 3, I started hammering about the need for facemasks, and got heaps of manure from nearly everyone here.  Funny I don't hear anything about people wearing them wrong anymore.  The farking CDC still doesn't use the term facemask, preferring to say face covering.

Lockdown started in Shanghai circa Jan 15.  When I was in Malta, the outbreaks in Northern Italy and Iran became major news circa Feb 21.  With no borders in Europe, it was clear it was going to spread there.  There was still time for the US to take strong prophylactic measures and keep the virus largely out and mostly under control.  Instead Trump did little, the tests were botched, lockdown didn't even get talked about until March 15, and face masks waited until April 1.  A tragic farce.

Very likely nothing was stopping the virus from getting into the dense NYC area.

Horseshit.
I live in Shanghai a bigger and more dense city.
You know how many officially confirmed cases Shanghai had?
655 total cases.
619 recovered
  29 deaths
    7 active cases

My 100K hometown in NJ had way more.  Double I think.

Shanghai took strong and serious measures in a timely fashion and compliance was very good.   The whole lockdown, the subway and buses were running and people were allowed out whenever they wanted.  But masks were obligatory and most stores that were still open (mostly food and drug stores) did temp checks before you entered.  People still wear masks in public and temp checks are still fairly common.

So please explain to me why NY's 300K infections and 25K deaths were very likely inevitable, while Shanghai came through largely unscathed.

300,000 to 655
25,000 deaths to 29

Shanghai sent thousands of medical workers to Wuhan to combat the disease, as Shanghai was effectively prevented from having an outbreak.

As usual, you're full of shit ...

No lies written in the bolded font.

My spouse and I have made and mailed close to two hundred mask including masks for our letter carriers and his associates .

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33241 on: May 04, 2020, 12:46:02 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-falsely-claims-dems-let-coronavirus-patients-sick-give-credit-hydroxchloroquine-030011467.html

“Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine have not been shown to be safe and effective for treating or preventing COVID-19.

Just effective.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 12:47:44 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33242 on: May 04, 2020, 12:50:47 PM »

Shanghai sent thousands of medical workers to Wuhan to combat the disease, as Shanghai was effectively prevented from having an outbreak.

They stopped the fucking flights to Shanghai

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #33243 on: May 04, 2020, 12:52:27 PM »

Seems it's past someone's nap time ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #33244 on: May 04, 2020, 12:56:45 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-falsely-claims-dems-let-coronavirus-patients-sick-give-credit-hydroxchloroquine-030011467.html

“Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine have not been shown to be safe and effective for treating or preventing COVID-19.

Just effective.

I nominate the above for Stupidest Post of the Year.

I know there's a lot of competition but ... Jeez
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33245 on: May 04, 2020, 01:06:16 PM »

Just effective.

Is this effective?

“Yes! It’ll effectively cure you or kill you, so what the hell! Roll the dice, right?”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #33246 on: May 04, 2020, 01:11:03 PM »

Just effective.

I nominate the above for Stupidest Post of the Year.

I know there's a lot of competition but ... Jeez
"The operation was a success but the patient died."
"I like your smile, and your fingertips
I like the way that you move your hips
I like the cool way you look at me
Everything about you is bringing me misery..."--Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33247 on: May 04, 2020, 01:12:39 PM »

Patients die with all medications

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33248 on: May 04, 2020, 01:13:31 PM »

But please - do you have any anecdotes?

Likely not.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33249 on: May 04, 2020, 01:27:23 PM »

Make it a law or fucking dont

Murphy said he went to a park this weekend and encouraged more people to wear face coverings because he didn’t see enough people wearing masks.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33250 on: May 04, 2020, 01:29:55 PM »

My spouse and I have made and mailed close to two hundred mask including masks for our letter carriers and his associates .

Bravo.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33251 on: May 04, 2020, 01:35:18 PM »

Just effective.

No.

Liar.

It has not "been shown to be" anything except potentially fatal for some.

Still waiting for your French savior to provide his paper for peer review, Kid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33252 on: May 04, 2020, 01:36:42 PM »

But please - do you have any anecdotes?

Likely not.

No, just studies.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33253 on: May 04, 2020, 01:40:14 PM »

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/reopening-states-will-cause-233000-more-people-to-die-from-coronavirus-according-to-wharton-model-120049573.html

I think the Wharton model is pessimistic.

I hope I'm right.

But... 233,000 more would bring it to 350,000 - 117,000 would be the prediction by the end of June if the states don't reopen. I don't think that's an outrageous prediction. I could see it bringing us to 200,000 total by the end of June, partially because only some states are opening up at all.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33254 on: May 04, 2020, 01:48:16 PM »

Hydroxychloroquine facts - side effects:

What side effects can this medication cause?
Hydroxychloroquine may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

headache
dizziness
loss of appetite
nausea
diarrhea
stomach pain
vomiting
rash

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a601240.html
Pages: 1 ... 2215 2216 [2217] 2218 2219 ... 4288