Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2252 2253 [2254] 2255 2256 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2010949 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #33795 on: May 09, 2020, 08:35:49 AM »

A hostile foreign power intervenes in our elections to help install their preferred candidate.
The active administration applies sanctions to punish the hostile foreign power for interfering with our democratic process.
The hostile foreign power’s preferred candidate has an underling call them up and say it’s all good, they will get away with it.

REDSTATEWARD:  looks all above board!  Nothing to see here!
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #33796 on: May 09, 2020, 09:47:52 AM »

Kayleigh McEnany called Trump comment 'racist,' 'hateful' and 'not the American way' in 2015

Read the article and see what a BSer she is once she switched to supporting Trump.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #33797 on: May 09, 2020, 09:52:33 AM »

11 Secret Service agents have tested positive for the coronavirus. Likely some of them served in the West Wing. This week it was revealed at that a US military valet who brought Trump food came down with the virus, sending Trump into a “lava level” rage. Two aides to Vice President Mike Pence have tested positive. Some observers are afraid that the virus is circulating in the West Wing itself.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #33798 on: May 09, 2020, 10:03:59 AM »

A hostile foreign power intervenes in our elections to help install their preferred candidate.
The active administration applies sanctions to punish the hostile foreign power for interfering with our democratic process.
The hostile foreign power’s preferred candidate has an underling call them up and say it’s all good, they will get away with it.

Except the second part of your post has a conclusion that did not happen 
I don t know why you made it up since the entire conversation was recorded.

barton

« Reply #33799 on: May 09, 2020, 10:12:05 AM »

Irony.

A black man who grew up through the age J. Edgar Hoover and COINTELPRO has more faith in the FBI than conservatives and Republicans.

Thumbs up emoji combined with laughing tears emoji.    That's more irony than my irony dosimeter can handle.   

barton

« Reply #33800 on: May 09, 2020, 10:29:40 AM »

If Trump and his minions become sick with CV19, I think it would be reasonable to quarantine them in cramped cages somewhere along the southern border of the US.

This comment follows my reading of the Slate article Factorn posted on the administration sneering at ever wearing masks.   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #33801 on: May 09, 2020, 10:42:54 AM »

I know this isn't the right forum, but its one of the few active one here.

In a week of loss for this nation in so many ways, we lost an irreplaceable national treasure

Little Richard, the crown prince and princess of rock, passed away.

I was listening to him just last week-end because I needed a jolt of joy in an otherwise terrible week.

And he didn't disappoint.

A brilliant and innovative musician and an amazing showman.

He will never rest in peace as he has way too much fun rocking out.

He will be missed.

Rock in peace

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #33802 on: May 09, 2020, 11:05:47 AM »

The Trump Administration has refused to allow the release of the contents of these totally normal above-board calls despite a judges order to do so.

We know that Russia reached out to Flynn after Obama announced sanctions.  We know from court filings that those sanctions were discussed in those calls. We know after they talked Russia announced it would not retaliate. We know Trump publicly applauded that decision. And we know the contents of that call were enough to justify an FBI investigation in the opinion of a Trump-appointed IG who investigated the matter.  One that went beyond the Logan Act.

You’ve pulled that tin foil hat over your eyes if you are really pretending to not know what was said in those calls.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #33803 on: May 09, 2020, 11:08:31 AM »

The charging document unsealed on Friday states that Flynn made a false statement to the FBI when he said that in December 2016 he did not ask Kislyak "to refrain from escalating the situation in response to sanctions that the United States had imposed against Russia that same day; and Flynn did not recall the Russian ambassador subsequently telling him that Russia had chosen to moderate its response to those sanctions as a result of his request."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/12/01/politics/flynn-russia-calls-breakdown/index.html

barton

« Reply #33804 on: May 09, 2020, 11:27:51 AM »

I know this isn't the right forum, but its one of the few active one here.

In a week of loss for this nation in so many ways, we lost an irreplaceable national treasure

Little Richard, the crown prince and princess of rock, passed away.

Banks,  Just an FYI - several of us here post,  and read new posts in, the music thread.

If you have any LR tracks you want to post there,  please do.   To me,  he embodied the spirit of rock n roll.   It is not physically possible to listen to Long Tall Sally and be depressed.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33805 on: May 09, 2020, 11:27:59 AM »

Exactly why they've had the thousands of deaths they've had.
Dumb herd immunity, very bad idea.

True insight or broken clock?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33806 on: May 09, 2020, 11:33:52 AM »

Not good news from the west wing.   I'm thinking of all the recent photos in the WH where no one's wearing a mask.   Or maintaining six feet of space.

Hopping on planes together to do photo ops was a bright move as well.

I've been saying for months (in the offline world) that it's mighty peculiar, and that I'd keep the P and VP away from each other during the epidemic.

So far it seems Trump is one lucky asshole that he hasn't contracted the virus.

I'm somewhat surprised folks accept that Trump, Pence and WH folks get tested everyday, when testing remains limited for average Americans, and even medical personnel in places.  Dems just can't generate the sustained outrage the Right is (in)famous for.

Because Democrats are not the homogeneous group of white people the Right exploits.

White folks get outraged by anything they see as infringement on their God given rights. That means everything is fodder for outrage.

The Left isn’t as monolithic .
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #33807 on: May 09, 2020, 11:36:51 AM »

The Trump Administration has refused to allow the release of the contents of these totally normal above-board calls despite a judges order to do so.

We know that Russia reached out to Flynn after Obama announced sanctions.  We know from court filings that those sanctions were discussed in those calls. We know after they talked Russia announced it would not retaliate. We know Trump publicly applauded that decision. And we know the contents of that call were enough to justify an FBI investigation in the opinion of a Trump-appointed IG who investigated the matter.  One that went beyond the Logan Act.

You’ve pulled that tin foil hat over your eyes if you are really pretending to not know what was said in those calls.
ROFL!

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/15/515437291/intelligence-official-transcripts-of-flynns-calls-dont-show-criminal-wrongdoing

The intelligence official who has personally seen the transcripts told Mary Louise (NPR)they contained "no evidence" of criminal wrongdoing, although the official said it can't be definitively ruled out.

The official also said there was "absolutely nothing" in the transcripts that suggests Flynn was acting under instructions "or that the trail leads higher."

"I don't think [Flynn] knew he was doing anything wrong," the official said. "Flynn talked about sanctions, but no specific promises were made. Flynn was speaking more in general 'maybe we'll take a look at this going forward' terms."

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #33808 on: May 09, 2020, 11:45:03 AM »

Exactly why they've had the thousands of deaths they've had.
Dumb herd immunity, very bad idea.

True insight or broken clock?

Bambi is panicked about everything.
A pandemic racing around the globe?
I'm assume Bambi is all for every protective measure including casting out foreigners.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #33809 on: May 09, 2020, 11:48:05 AM »

ROFL!

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/15/515437291/intelligence-official-transcripts-of-flynns-calls-dont-show-criminal-wrongdoing

The intelligence official who has personally seen the transcripts told Mary Louise (NPR)they contained "no evidence" of criminal wrongdoing, although the official said it can't be definitively ruled out.

The official also said there was "absolutely nothing" in the transcripts that suggests Flynn was acting under instructions "or that the trail leads higher."

"I don't think [Flynn] knew he was doing anything wrong," the official said. "Flynn talked about sanctions, but no specific promises were made. Flynn was speaking more in general 'maybe we'll take a look at this going forward' terms."

Then why did he plead guilty TWICE?

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2252 2253 [2254] 2255 2256 ... 4288