Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2398 2399 [2400] 2401 2402 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1611500 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #35985 on: June 01, 2020, 04:27:04 PM »

As we talked about ad nauseum last year, monuments to people who took up arms against the United States don't hold a great deal of importance to me.   

Yep.   I get about as excited over a Robert E Lee statue as I do over an Ammon Bundy statue.   The Crazy Horse carving near Custer,  SD though is going to be amazing when the lower parts start showing some definition.  (i. e.  the torso and horse... realizing that might have been taken the wrong way)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35986 on: June 01, 2020, 04:28:53 PM »

Lee was  top level US military.  He struggled with the decision and in the end chose not to fight vs his own state.

If he had his druthers Virginia would have been part of the Union and he'd have  proudly led that group.

General Robert E Lee is to this day a great American.

He chose treason over his country.

He’s a traitor.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35987 on: June 01, 2020, 04:31:20 PM »

As we talked about ad nauseum last year, monuments to people who took up arms against the United States don't hold a great deal of importance to me.   

Yep.   I get about as excited over a Robert E Lee statue as I do over an Ammon Bundy statue.   The Crazy Horse carving near Custer,  SD though is going to be amazing when the lower parts start showing some definition.  (i. e.  the torso and horse... realizing that might have been taken the wrong way)

I remember raising money for the statue when I was in elementary school.

It’s already Awesome
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #35988 on: June 01, 2020, 04:34:48 PM »

Lee took up arms against the United States.  His struggle with the decision is irrelevant to me.

Yup.

People either don't know what the purpose of a monument is, or they are being willfully ignorant.

You want to honor what a great guy he was?  Go visit his memorial in Virginia, his ancestral home being run and maintained by the National Parks Service.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35989 on: June 01, 2020, 04:38:54 PM »

Lee took up arms against the United States.  His struggle with the decision is irrelevant to me.

And his skills as a military strategist were vastly overrated.

All a part of the “Noble Lost Cause” mythology.

Another one of my most favorite memories of the Episcopal Church is loosing a really nasty fart by the tomb of President Woodrow Wilson at the National cathedral

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #35990 on: June 01, 2020, 04:43:02 PM »

America... you’ve had your chances..

“The poll, released this week, showed that white Americans of all ages disapprove of the protests by a margin of 63 percent to 30 percent. Hispanic Americans disapprove of the protests by a smaller margin, 45 percent to 36 percent.

However, black Americans of all ages approve of the protests 74 percent to 17 percent.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/white-americans-disapprove-national-anthem-protests-poll-finds

Knicks given the time(s) do you not think your post is a little misleading and could be misunderstood?

A poll released this week about protests?

Come on.

That was from 2016...

Y’all had your chances

So it was not from "this week: and not presumably about the George Floyd killing and related protests,  was it?

"You" don't have to bullshit to win arguments. In fact, its generally a prescription for losing them.

Do better.

You could have read the article the quote was pulled from, but that would have required a bit of effort.

Do better.

The point remains. White America had its chances to address this.

I saw the "fine" print and knew it was about Kap.

And then checked the link/article to confirm the content.

I did the fact checking.

Nonetheless when you post about White American disagreeing with protests this week you created a false impression.

Whether you intentionally tried to mislead the forum is known only to you.

I just called you out for misleading and less than above board posting.

And my point remains, try and do better if you can.

This ain’t that day, Banks.

If you saw the link and clicked on and saw the illustrations and you were still “misled” than that’s on you.

You calling me out is just what you do when the subject gets racial.

No it isn't the day.

This is not an argument you need to bullshit the facts about.

But you did bullshit with a misleading post that was about 2016 and not the events of this week as you portrayed

You tried to create a false narrative that did not need to be created.

I called you out because you're a man I respect  even if I don't agree with all the time and I thought what you did was kind of bullshit.

Race had nothing to do with it.

It was about ethics.

And you can accept it or not.

and if you try to bullshit me, I'll bust your balls as I would any other poster.

But the race card should not be played.

Race card, Banks?

Oh come the fuck on.

I put up a piece and succinctly said America HAD its chances.

You’re really shoveling the shit now. Just stop.
You’re not busting my balls you’re being an ass.

This is what you posted

"America... you’ve had your chances..

“The poll, released this week, showed that white Americans of all ages disapprove of the protests by a margin of 63 percent to 30 percent. Hispanic Americans disapprove of the protests by a smaller margin, 45 percent to 36 percent.

However, black Americans of all ages approve of the protests 74 percent to 17 percent.”

And I asked you whether given recent events if this post wasn't a little misleading?

"This week" in your post refers to 2016 and not to today.

The polls you reference were in 2016 about Kap's protest and not the protests of the past week.

A quick reading and without checking the link easily created the impression White America was not sympathetic to the protests over the murder of  George Floyd.

You accused me of picking a fight over race.

I did not.

I tend to be on the same page as you regarding that subject.

I went after you for what was a misleading post.

Your race had nothing to do with my response.

Its what I did to Utley when he tried to pull shit.

I went after his content.

So if it makes you feel any better, I'll end this the way I ended many of my guttings of that indecent caucasian troll,

NOW GO FUCK YOURSELF.

see color has nothing to do with it.

We all good?

heh
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 04:45:33 PM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35991 on: June 01, 2020, 04:46:01 PM »

A close eye needs to be kept on certain factions within the protest groups

- Matt Whitaker

Exactly

The groups themselves are not being judged harshly by President Trump or anyone.

It will take time to investigate, sift through footage and other evidence

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #35992 on: June 01, 2020, 04:50:49 PM »

A quick reading and without checking the link easily created the impression White America was not sympathetic to the protests over the murder of  George Floyd.

I'm not sure how a "quick reading" would not include the headline of the article, which makes clear it was re: "anthem protests" or does not note the large picture of Kaepernick over said headline.

And doesn't "You had your chances" pretty clearly denote past mistakes, not present ones?   

You squirm when it is pointed out that White Racism elected Trump.  But its undeniable.  From the first words that came out of his moth as a candidate, to his abhorrent speech at the convention.  Sorry if the facts make you uncomfortable.

I haven't seen the polling on how White America views the current protests, but FOX seems to think demonizing them is a winner, and our "president" thinks that will win him the election.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was never any question about whether or not the police killing Black Americans on the streets could be a political asset?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35993 on: June 01, 2020, 04:51:12 PM »

You made a comment about the post and I clarified.

“Knicks given the time(s) do you not think your post is a little misleading and could be misunderstood?

Come on.”

“That was from 2016...”

I acknowledged and clarified.

Every thing after that is the shit you do from time to time.

Be honest. Once you’ve stepped in it you never leave gracefully. You bully and insult until you get resigned capitulation.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35994 on: June 01, 2020, 04:54:37 PM »

President Obama: If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon.

kiidcarter8:  The President is playing the race card and sowing racial division!

"president" Trump: These guys are THUGS!  When the looting starts the shooting starts!  We'll sick vicious dogs on them!  You have to DOMINATE them or they make you look weak!

kiidcarter8: Why are you deaf to the words of peace and understanding coming from our dear leader?

You preach.  Fac swallows.

barton

« Reply #35995 on: June 01, 2020, 04:56:46 PM »

And his skills as a military strategist were vastly overrated.

All a part of the “Noble Lost Cause” mythology.

Another one of my most favorite memories of the Episcopal Church is loosing a really nasty fart by the tomb of President Woodrow Wilson at the National cathedral

When a man's deification largely rests on his seeming to have had second thoughts, and being nice to his men,  I usually don't take a freeway exit on his behalf.   

He who farts in church....

barton

« Reply #35996 on: June 01, 2020, 04:59:53 PM »

President Obama: If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon.

kiidcarter8:  The President is playing the race card and sowing racial division!

"president" Trump: These guys are THUGS!  When the looting starts the shooting starts!  We'll sick vicious dogs on them!  You have to DOMINATE them or they make you look weak!

kiidcarter8: Why are you deaf to the words of peace and understanding coming from our dear leader?

You preach.  Fac swallows.

You show racial and partisan bias,  NA calls you on it.   You have no real response.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35997 on: June 01, 2020, 05:02:16 PM »

I haven't seen the polling on how White America views the current protests, but FOX seems to think demonizing them is a winner, and our "president" thinks that will win him the election.

FOX is soothing.  CNN inciting.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #35998 on: June 01, 2020, 05:02:30 PM »

You made a comment about the post and I clarified.

“Knicks given the time(s) do you not think your post is a little misleading and could be misunderstood?

Come on.”

“That was from 2016...”

I acknowledged and clarified.

Every thing after that is the shit you do from time to time.

Be honest. Once you’ve stepped in it you never leave gracefully. You bully and insult until you get resigned capitulation.

I asked you if your initial post was misleading, and only then did you acknowledge it was about 2016 and not 2020 and the tragic events regarding George Floyd's death.

And I gave you the benefit of the doubt by posting I did not know whether you intentionally tried to be misleading, but I thought the post was misleading.

You then accused me of attacking you bacause this was about race.

It was a weak bullshit pathetic response.

You should have owned your post, admitted it created a misleading impression, but nope you had to blame me for some act of racsim.

shame on you.

Really go fuck yourself on that.

It was about ethical behavior.

And now my good sir I will exit gracefully.

heh

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35999 on: June 01, 2020, 05:02:48 PM »

A close eye needs to be kept on certain factions within the protest groups

- Matt Whitaker

That’s the bathtub scam guy, for those keeping score at home.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2398 2399 [2400] 2401 2402 ... 4288