Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2410 2411 [2412] 2413 2414 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1611942 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36165 on: June 02, 2020, 11:15:50 AM »

It's sometimes as if Trump (or some advisers of his) have gone through historical media and chosen the worst imagery or phrases for him to use, like this one or "when the looting starts, the shooting starts."

Again and again, he find racist or Nazi things to do or say.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36166 on: June 02, 2020, 11:22:57 AM »

Joe delivers a strong message of unity and decency to a deeply hurt nation in need of clear leadership and hope for a better and fairer future for all.

And no innocent protestors exercising their constitutional rights were hurt.

You should review yesterday’s thread and apologize.

For what?

For calling you out for a misleading post, which you finally admitted was a mistake, but in the interm you accused me of calling you out due to some issues regarding race?

I said nothing wrong or inaccurate and treated you as I would any other asshole.

If an apology is warranted its you playing the race card, when a mere "I made a mistake" was called for.

But in the name of peace my black brother I am sorry you are so butt hurt over our disagrrements in the past and not ass-kicked you so completely

OK?

Now get over it.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36167 on: June 02, 2020, 11:25:19 AM »

It's sometimes as if Trump (or some advisers of his) have gone through historical media and chosen the worst imagery or phrases for him to use, like this one or "when the looting starts, the shooting starts."

Again and again, he find racist or Nazi things to do or say.

good pluck

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36168 on: June 02, 2020, 11:27:23 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267676026391404544

This is the "triumphant" video that the White House turned out in a few hours of Trump's walk to the church, his waving the bible somebody handed him (assuming that is what it was), and then walking back, including pumping his fist as he walked past some National Guard folks.

There are some people who will eat it up. I imagine Kid is one of those and Bambi another. Ward will pretend to not disapprove.

But... for most of the country, it just reinforces how tone deaf he and his team are to what they'd just done.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36169 on: June 02, 2020, 11:32:41 AM »

Bambi, it would seem, is not representing what's actually going on in Australia.

This is a tweet and clip from 7 News Sydney. The video is from just before Trump's arrival. It shows the attack in front of the church, including the bashing of an Australian news team just doing their jobs and covering a peaceful group. They were only in the way in the most obnoxious definition: "We want to use this space and we are going to push you out without so much as a request that you move." - Obviously not a quote, since nothing was being said.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267628506139115525

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36170 on: June 02, 2020, 11:37:52 AM »

Joe delivers a strong message of unity and decency to a deeply hurt nation in need of clear leadership and hope for a better and fairer future for all.

For what?

For calling you out for a misleading post, which you finally admitted was a mistake, but in the interm you accused me of calling you out due to some issues regarding race?

I said nothing wrong or inaccurate and treated you as I would any other asshole.

If an apology is warranted its you playing the race card, when a mere "I made a mistake" was called for.

But in the name of peace my black brother I am sorry you are so butt hurt over our disagrrements in the past and not ass-kicked you so completely

OK?

Now get over it.

I made the admission when I said it was from 2016 at which point you showed your whole ass.

You made an accusation that I purposely misled and you were the only one who thought so or said same.

You insulted my integrity, my character and my intelligence.

And you were wrong.

Be a man and own it.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 11:43:38 AM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36171 on: June 02, 2020, 11:44:19 AM »

After the scene in front of the church, Trump's use of force to allow him to walk across the park prompted Arlington County, Va., to pull its police officers out of the nation's capitol.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36172 on: June 02, 2020, 11:52:11 AM »

This is the "triumphant" video that the White House turned out in a few hours of Trump's walk to the church, his waving the bible somebody handed him (assuming that is what it was), and then walking back, including pumping his fist as he walked past some National Guard folks.

There are some people who will eat it up. I imagine Kid is one of those and Bambi another. Ward will pretend to not disapprove.

But... for most of the country, it just reinforces how tone deaf he and his team are to what they'd just done.

Symbolism of the trek is lost on you weak sorts.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36173 on: June 02, 2020, 11:56:46 AM »

For what?

OK?

Now get over it.

I made the admission when I said it was from 2016 at which point you showed your whole ass.

You made an accusation that I purposely misled and you were the only one who thought so or said same.

You insulted my integrity, my character and my intelligence.

And you were wrong.

Be a man and own it.

Knicks i specifically said I did not know if your mistake was intentional or not.

This is from the 3rd or 4th post in our exchange.

I saw the "fine" print and knew it was about Kap.

And then checked the link/article to confirm the content.

I did the fact checking.

Nonetheless when you post about White American disagreeing with protests this week you created a false impression.

Whether you intentionally tried to mislead the forum is known only to you.
I just called you out for misleading and less than above board posting.

And my point remains, try and do better if you can.

So again you make a false charge. I specifically posted whether your misleading post was intentional or not was unclear to me.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

It was only much later, and after your factless defensive bullshit about your imagined fantasies about my motivations,  that you finally admitted to making a mistake.

So whenever you want to apologize for your behavior and your baseless attacks on me, feel free to do so.

Or don't.

But in either case you should get over it.

And I own every word I posted about you.

None were false and you have managed to more than prove their accuracy.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36174 on: June 02, 2020, 11:57:21 AM »

Symbolism of the trek is lost on you weak sorts.

The intention of the trek is not lost on us, fool.

The reality of it overwhelms the symbolism.

And your embracing of the use of force to evict peaceful protesters, media, and clergy from that church from in front of it to create a symbolic moment of that irreligious man standing there with somebody else's bible is illustrative of both Trump and you in ways that ought to make you ashamed and won't.

Weak? We're weak for not wanting our police and our national guard to be used to attack folks for NO FUCKING REASON?!

No, Kid.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36175 on: June 02, 2020, 11:58:49 AM »

Larry and Bank -

This back and forth is going nowhere.

You're not going to change each other's minds.

Can you both please just stop?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36176 on: June 02, 2020, 12:03:53 PM »

Larry and Bank -

I was done with this yesterday.

Larry seems to need to relitigate arguments from years past.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36177 on: June 02, 2020, 12:09:04 PM »

Larry and Bank -

As has been mentioned on one or two occasions in the past, you truly are not obligated to respond to him each time.

Echo4

• View Profile

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36179 on: June 02, 2020, 12:14:28 PM »

Larry and Bank -

As has been mentioned on one or two occasions in the past, you truly are not obligated to respond to him each time.

new to the neighborhood are you?

heh

its not our finest trait but its an old Elbanese custom

TRADITION!
Pages: 1 ... 2410 2411 [2412] 2413 2414 ... 4288