Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2453 2454 [2455] 2456 2457 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1998438 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36810 on: June 05, 2020, 07:35:19 PM »

As always, Bambu, thank you for sharing your idiotic anguish with us. I feel like by interacting with you we are taking work from qualified Australian mental heath professionals or possibly Australian livestock handlers.

Having good information available is irrelevant to your ability form an accurate picture of what is happening in the world. Your brain is simply broken.

I expect you will keep up your bleating here rather than seek the help you clearly need.

You didn't answer my question about if you'd been Kueng, Thao, and Lane what exactly you would've done to stop Chauvin.

Everyone in this forum should be saying what they would've actually done.

I think there is one correct response, 'take your knee off his neck, you're choking the guy."

There were 4 cops there to subdue him if he resisted arrest.

I think we can agree  that as it regards Mr Floyd, they took the worst course of action.

I don't think Bambi is prepared to admit that. Probably not Kid, either.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36811 on: June 05, 2020, 07:44:20 PM »

So Susan Collins is another republican senator who’s has joined the Vast majority of Americans in not wanting to be grabbed by the pussy.

Lisa Murkowski is also signaling that being grabbed by the pussy has lost its appeal.

I understand why the GOP is erecting new fence in the capital. The pussy and his grabbing must be contained.

New fencing was a waste.

There are already enclosures designed to contain contagious animals. We have some secure ones at Guantanamo Bay. The trump family, including the the floppy pussy himself, and The misadministration can be held and housed there till we find out what the hell is going on.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36812 on: June 05, 2020, 07:48:51 PM »

As always, Bambu, thank you for sharing your idiotic anguish with us. I feel like by interacting with you we are taking work from qualified Australian mental heath professionals or possibly Australian livestock handlers.

Having good information available is irrelevant to your ability form an accurate picture of what is happening in the world. Your brain is simply broken.

I expect you will keep up your bleating here rather than seek the help you clearly need.

You didn't answer my question about if you'd been Kueng, Thao, and Lane what exactly you would've done to stop Chauvin.

Once he was on the ground, in restraints?

I would have left him on the ground, in restraints.

Duh.

Nothing else needed to be done.

Chauvin kept his knee on Floyd's neck for a full minute after the paramedics arrived.

The police claim that Floyd was in medical distress from the start, though there has been no corroborating evidence - it sounds like an excuse, not really a factor.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36813 on: June 05, 2020, 07:53:44 PM »

I think there is one correct response, 'take your knee off his neck, you're choking the guy."

There were 4 cops there to subdue him if he resisted arrest.

I think we can agree  that as it regards Mr Floyd, they took the worst course of action.

And if he didn't?
They questioned him, their boss.

If you'd been them...what would you actually have done. You're right there, in uniform, say Lane for example, 4 days in uniform.
Chauvin allegedly tells you "No".

While a distressed Mr Floyd said "I can't breathe", "Mama" and "please" several times, Lane asked: "Should we roll him on his side?"

"No, staying put where we got him," Chauvin responded, according to the complaint.

"I am worried about excited delirium or whatever," Lane allegedly said.

"That's why we have him on his stomach," Chauvin responded, according to the complaint.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/officer-charged-over-deadly-arrest-of-george-floyd-tried-to-object-court-told/ar-BB155FL4?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 08:41:37 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

barton

« Reply #36814 on: June 05, 2020, 08:00:18 PM »

He's a wise and compassionate man. “Hopefully, George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that’s happening for our country. It’s a great day for him, it’s a great day for everybody.”---Donald J. Trump

How is that statement not unequivocal evidence of advanced dementia?   How is the RNC not reaching for Trump with a vaudeville hook?   

(and yes,  the quote is a handy answer to bamboobery and kid love notes to FL.)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 08:04:30 PM by barton »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #36815 on: June 05, 2020, 08:06:34 PM »

He's a wise and compassionate man. “Hopefully, George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that’s happening for our country. It’s a great day for him, it’s a great day for everybody.”---Donald J. Trump

How is that statement not unequivocal evidence of advanced dementia?   How is the RNC not reaching for Trump with a vaudeville hook?   
As I've said in the past, calling him a victim of advanced dementia is to give too much credit to him as a possibly one-time decent human being.   He's always been crude, a coward, and just plain stupid. To attribute his words and behavior to an illness lets him off easy.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36816 on: June 05, 2020, 08:08:23 PM »

Duh.

Chauvin kept his knee on Floyd's neck for a full minute after the paramedics arrived.

The police claim that Floyd was in medical distress from the start, though there has been no corroborating evidence - it sounds like an excuse, not really a factor.

Maybe a factor;

His death was due to cardiopulmonary arrest -- or the stopping of his heart -- according to the final autopsy results released Wednesday by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner.
His neck was compressed when the officer's knee was on it for more than eight minutes, the report says, but does not conclude that it directly caused his death.
The autopsy says Floyd had heart disease and a history of high blood pressure. A preliminary toxicology report found moderate levels of fentanyl and methamphetamine.
The county autopsy also indicates that Floyd had tested positive for coronavirus in April.

#####

Covid 19 shuts down organs, ...heart, lungs etc, also causes blot clots [the thing most likely with my compromised heart...and I have labored breathing].

Prosecution might say; "if he was in medical stress from the start, having a knee on his neck for 8 minutes wouldn't have done him much good?"

Floyd family has opposing autopsy.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/bail-set-at-dollar1m-for-three-ex-officers-charged-in-george-floyds-death/ar-BB1537c3?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36817 on: June 05, 2020, 08:17:48 PM »

Duh.

Maybe a factor;

His death was due to cardiopulmonary arrest -- or the stopping of his heart -- according to the final autopsy results released Wednesday by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner.
His neck was compressed when the officer's knee was on it for more than eight minutes, the report says, but does not conclude that it directly caused his death.
The autopsy says Floyd had heart disease and a history of high blood pressure. A preliminary toxicology report found moderate levels of fentanyl and methamphetamine.
The county autopsy also indicates that Floyd had tested positive for coronavirus in April.

You mean the offical police medical examiner said that asphyxiation was not THE cause, 'merely' contributory?

He labeled it, even so, a homicide.

And if he was already in distress, then no, kneeling on his neck, choking off his respiration, would not have helped.

HOMICIDE.

And no, his other organs had not deteriorated, or that, too, would have been presented.

What would I have done as a junior officer, when neither of the senior officers did anything? I would have called my captain and SHOWN HIM THE PICTURE.

Then I would have followed his order, which would have been to stop Chauvin.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36818 on: June 05, 2020, 08:25:31 PM »

This is a defense site's take on the generals' having spoken out - what the problem is if they are saving us, for example.

https://www.defenseone.com/politics/2020/06/generals-are-speaking-good-thing/165923/

“I think right now we need to juggle multiple contradictory ideas at once,” Karlin said. “It is far from ideal that retired military leaders are seen as more credible voices, and yet right now, given that that’s the case and that we are facing such extraordinary circumstances, unfortunately it’s incumbent on them to signal to the force that what’s happening right now is neither healthy nor good.”

The next administration — whether in one year or four — will need to “reset” to a more healthy balance, Karlin said.

barton

« Reply #36819 on: June 05, 2020, 08:26:43 PM »

As I've said in the past, calling him a victim of advanced dementia is to give too much credit to him as a possibly one-time decent human being.   He's always been crude, a coward, and just plain stupid. To attribute his words and behavior to an illness lets him off easy.

Well,  perhaps, but it's not implied by me that he's anything but a scoundrel with dementia.   I see the dementia only in terms of a pragmatic way to end his power.   Because low character doesn't seem to cause the vaudeville hook to appear anymore.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36820 on: June 05, 2020, 08:36:29 PM »

By the way, the voices of former top military men in the US has been added to:
A second former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (Gen. Martin Dempsey), a former vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs (Adm. Sandy Winnefeld), and a former commander of U.S. Special Operations Command (Gen. Tony Thomas) have joined General Mattis, General Allen, and Admiral Mullen in rebuking President Trump for his choices.

One should also note, as the previously posted Defense One article does, that the heads of each of the services (except Coast Guard and Space Force) issued letters to their troops, addressing racism in America in very different words and tone than that of the so-called commander-in-chief.

But as noted, Bambi thinks Trump knows better.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36821 on: June 05, 2020, 08:40:50 PM »

"Banner Hospital (largest healthcare delivery ststem in AZ) says ICU beds are nearing 100 percent capacity. Doctors urge people in the community to act now to reduce transmission of COVID-19."

Echo4

• View Profile

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36823 on: June 05, 2020, 08:51:07 PM »

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/politics/decision-2020/republicans-look-at-multi-city-convention-for-trumps-renomination/2137670/

"it could allow him to say he had the highest attendance" of any nominating convention, said one unnamed person.

They're looking at 9 cities in 7 states, though it is unclear from the article how that aligns with the multi-city approach.

And... he could say that regardless! Nothing in reality has any claim on Trump.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 2453 2454 [2455] 2456 2457 ... 4288