Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2501 2502 [2503] 2504 2505 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1997609 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #37530 on: June 09, 2020, 08:34:31 PM »

When will "David Dorn Day" be declared?

When will David Dorn be made a hero?

When you start to push it, see how far you get.

Until then, you are just an asshole trying to make trouble.

You only stand up for what you pretend to believe where you think it is safe.

If White people in America stay silent, now they're being called violent.
If they give an opinion when asked, they get sacked from their job and also their radio job...like the guy at the NBA who said "All lives matter".
Safe?  David Dorn tried the alternative.

Alright, you really should Mr. Dorn’s name out of your mouth. Your lack of respect despicable.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37531 on: June 09, 2020, 08:40:05 PM »

Dorn was killed by criminals.  They have been caught and will be punished.  What's to protest?

Floyd was killed by police with the full authority of society acting as criminals.

You don't see a distinction?

No.

Two deceased Black men.

One was killed by a policeman.

The other was killed by a criminal.

The first has prompted an outcry against a broken authoritarian system.

What should the second prompt an outcry against?

"Black lives only seeming to matter when the perpetrator is White".

Fuvknyou! You don’t give a shit about any black person.

You say.
I say different.
I say I care about black people in America, especially the seemingly 'forgotten' ones who suffer and die in their own communities, by the hands of their own People. I see them on US crime shows, the victims, the perps, the grieving families.
Ditto in Australia.
You have to fix it...I cannot...I'm the enemy, remember.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #37532 on: June 09, 2020, 08:43:28 PM »

Biden will be the 45th President in January....

No, dumbfuck - he won't

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37533 on: June 09, 2020, 08:47:35 PM »

No, dumbfuck - he won't

Typoes are treated more harshly than they used to be.

But at least he would admit to the typo. Ward would not.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37534 on: June 09, 2020, 08:48:11 PM »

Social distancing... sort of:

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37536 on: June 09, 2020, 08:56:59 PM »

Social distancing... sort of:

Then give a pelvic thru-ust...

Time Warp

Rocky Horror Picture Show.

It was a tradition when friends came to town to head over to the Waverly with newspapers in hand.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37537 on: June 09, 2020, 09:10:31 PM »

Black communities have to change themselves...no one can change things for them;
White people/other people can help, but real change must come from within.
I've been at this a while...long before BLM.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/toomelah-lesson-20080621-gdsixl.html

June 21, 2008
Toomelah lesson

It's 1987, and welcome to Toomelah, a small Aboriginal community on a former mission station on the NSW-Queensland border, and the subject of Australia's first intervention.

Twenty-one years ago, Toomelah had one water tap for 500 people, and it flowed twice a day for just 15 minutes. Some houses had 30 people sleeping in them, and Goondiwindi High School, just across the border, had a blackboard for the whites and a blackboard for the blacks. And when the children came home, they played in the raw sewage of Toomelah's fetid, fouled streets.

Then Marcus Einfeld, president of the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission, pulled into town to investigate conditions after a race riot in "Goondi". Suddenly, like manna from Sydney, houses were built, the dirt road sealed, a sewerage system materialised and a new bore, pumping station and tanks dried up the line at the water tap. But a drink of water could not banish the devil.

Then Einfeld turned the spotlight on neglect by walking with his trousers rolled up through the muddy, soiled streets of Toomelah and crying tears of shame and pity.

Tall, patrician, with Cecil B. De Mille-epic looks ready-made for the night's television news, Einfeld put Toomelah's plight on the front page.

The son of a Wran government minister, Einfeld faces perjury and traffic charges. Back then, he was a famed human rights activist who, in 1963, his eyes welling with tears, had stood among 200,000 people at the Washington Monument listening to Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" address.

Fourteen years later, Einfeld cried at Toomelah, too, as Aborigines testified to their disadvantage. "It is beyond belief that Australian citizens could be asked to live in those circumstances," he said at the end of the first day's hearings.

Einfeld's report damned all tiers of government for neglecting housing, health and education. It found Moree Plains Shire Council levied rates and accepted Commonwealth and state Aboriginal funding, but refused to service Toomelah.

etc

#####

Long ago, mrs bambu drove me around there, showed and told me all.

Einfield spent two years in prison.
They don't like perjury by judges, even if for traffic offences.
Not sure what Toomelah is like now, hopefully it's better, we have lobbied for better for many years.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 09:24:35 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37538 on: June 09, 2020, 09:13:33 PM »

Black communities have to change themselves...no one can change things for them;
White people/other people can help, but real change must come from within.
I've been at this a while...long before BLM.

And yet, you seem to have learned nothing.

Your focus is on the need for the black community to change (as if you cared).

Change yourself. Change YOUR community instead of hiding like Trump in your bunker.

Or shut up, admit that you are racist as fuck and only bring up Dorn as a way to counter talk about Floyd, otherwise you would not give a damn about Dorn at all.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37539 on: June 09, 2020, 09:37:58 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37540 on: June 09, 2020, 09:41:01 PM »

No, dumbfuck - he won't

Kiid read it right. Lady G must not have spunked in his eyes this time.

Foreign backed terrorists occupying the White House do not count as a presidency, and the figurehead of such a group does not count as a president no matter how long he overstays his welcome.

43 will always carry an asterisk. 44 was perfectly adequate for the most part and only an insane lunatic would question his legitimacy.

We are still waiting for 45.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37541 on: June 09, 2020, 09:43:45 PM »

No, dumbfuck - he won't

Kiid read it right. Lady G must not have spunked in his eyes this time.

Foreign backed terrorists occupying the White House do not count as a presidency, and the figurehead of such a group does not count as a president no matter how long he overstays his welcome.

43 will always carry an asterisk. 44 was perfectly adequate for the most part and only an insane lunatic would question his legitimacy.

We are still waiting for 45.

Fair enough.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37542 on: June 09, 2020, 09:45:00 PM »

It’s why 44 retains all the moral authority of the office. There has been no successor to take any of it up.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37543 on: June 09, 2020, 09:49:23 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/09/national-guard-protests-309932?fbclid=IwAR0nEaPioVQ4r9e0jhLVW3XGsX_xA7GXV1ddmulloSrbQATWLaVN_PjlpL4

Many Guardsmen said they felt uncomfortable with the way they were used to handle the unrest because demonstrators lumped them in with the police. They felt that while they swore an oath to uphold the Constitution, their presence at times intimidated Americans from expressing their opinions and even escalated the tension.

And in the case of Guardsmen involved in the Lafayette incident, some felt used.

“As a military officer, what I saw was more or less really f---ed up,” said one D.C. Guardsman who was deployed to Lafayette Square last Monday and who, like some others, spoke on condition of anonymity to speak freely. The official line from the White House that the protesters had turned violent, he said, is false.

The crowd was loud but peaceful, and at no point did I feel in danger, and I was standing right there in the front of the line,” he said. “A lot of us are still struggling to process this, but in a lot of ways, I believe I saw civil rights being violated in order for a photo op.

“I’m here to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and what I just saw goes against my oath and to see everyone try to cover up what really happened,” the Guardsman continued. “What I saw was just absolutely wrong.”

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37544 on: June 09, 2020, 09:50:35 PM »

http://www.alternet.org/2020/06/a-federal-judge-who-accused-barr-of-distorting-the-mueller-report-has-read-the-unredacted-version-and-now-hes-demanding-some-answers/

I know, with the dissolution of the economy (trump’s sly way of defunding the police and everything else) and the growing cascade of preventable federal disasters, I should really give #Russiagate a rest.

The damn heart just keeps beating away, right there under the floorboards.
Pages: 1 ... 2501 2502 [2503] 2504 2505 ... 4288