Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2530 2531 [2532] 2533 2534 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1997707 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #37965 on: June 11, 2020, 11:13:24 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/politics/trump-dallas-fundraiser-protests/index.html

On Thursday, Trump repeatedly lauded police forces and described those who used excessive force as "bad apples." And instead of speaking about police violence against black people, Trump decried officers who are targeted in the line of duty. He also suggested his attempts at racial reconciliation would go "quickly and easily."

"We have so many different elements of strength in this country, we have such potential in this country, we have the greatest potential," he said. "But we get off-subject and we start thinking about things that don't matter or don't matter much. The important things, we don't even discuss but we are here to discuss very important things today."

The President tried to get back to politics as usual amid the coronavirus pandemic and ongoing protests against police brutality, hosting a roundtable to discuss health, economic and justice disparities. He is expected to attend a multimillion dollar reelection fundraiser.

Three key black law enforcement officials in the region -- the region's police chief, sheriff and district attorney -- were not invited to the roundtable, CNN has confirmed. However, the Glenn Heights Police Chief Vernell E. Dooley, who is African American, was invited. Glenn Heights is south of Dallas and has a population of about 16,000 people.

In an interview on Fox after the Roundtable, Trump attempted to defend his quote about looting:
"It means two things. Very different things," Trump continued. "One is if there's looting there's probably going to be shooting, and that's not as a threat, that's really just a fact because that's what happens. And the other is if there's looting there's going to be shooting. There's -- they're very different meanings. No, there's very different meanings."

Not much of a defense.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37966 on: June 11, 2020, 11:19:46 PM »

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/03/trump-threatens-violence-if-democrats-dont-support-him.html?fbclid=IwAR18CGrC4APnbxhnwWbiybQJVaOFLmNvjBCBZ5EnXCWR_WcVbRSxfNTn3o0

I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.

That quote, listed in the link above, comes from this interview:
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/03/13/exclusive-president-donald-trump-paul-ryan-blocked-subpoenas-of-democrats/

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37967 on: June 11, 2020, 11:30:05 PM »

One of the questions asked repeatedly (including by me) is why the other officers did not intervene.

One answer:

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37968 on: June 11, 2020, 11:30:33 PM »

Thank you for the prep notes on today’s spectacle. It sounds gruesome enough that I’m glad to be emotionally guarded before wading into the details of today’s chapter of American Carnage 2020.

Since de Klerk, certain racist cunts who fancy themselves clever, when they feel the tide of history sweeping up their legs, try to divert the righteously enraged and active toward the strange fruit hanging in the branches and away from the trunk and the roots In order to protect the whole evil tree.

Bambi is just that sort of cunt.

Thank you for marking you self out, darling.

We’ll get to what it means for you in time.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37969 on: June 11, 2020, 11:33:39 PM »

One of the questions asked repeatedly (including by me) is why the other officers did not intervene.

One answer:

More good info I hadn’t seen. Ta.

Very clear it is time for a complete policing reboot.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37970 on: June 11, 2020, 11:48:34 PM »

One answer:

Maybe "that's" why the other cops didn't tackle Chauvin.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37971 on: June 11, 2020, 11:53:21 PM »

"George Floyd and racist cops/police brutality" seems to have evolved into "White privilege"/ "Christopher Columbus"/"racism".

...with White people in America seemingly having to bow before the Left/Far Left alter of "apologise for being White and having White privilege, or else".

Where've you been, Bambi?

It was never just George Floyd. It was never just racist cops or police brutality. You were told that multiple times.

It's about slavery. It's about abuse of position. Yes, police brutality is there. Sure, George Floyd's treatment was the impetus, but this has been coming.

Black people are treated worse by police. But they are also treated worse in the housing, medicine, education, employment systems, as well.

It's not a left wing/right wing issue. You've been told this, before, too. There are plenty of racists (and other bigots) on the left, even if there may be more on the right.

It only becomes a left/right issues because the Left is prepared to try to come to grips with the systemic racism, while the ostensible leaders on the Right are busy denying it exists with everything they have, while acting like tots jumping up and down and crying out "Look at this racist crap I'm doing, but I'm not really a racist!"

The school boy is 14...but there he is, apologising to women...he's 14.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37972 on: June 11, 2020, 11:59:08 PM »

One answer:

Did you bother to read what I wrote above the picture?!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37973 on: June 12, 2020, 12:06:07 AM »

One answer:

Did you bother to read what I wrote above the picture?!

I bother to read what you/everyone writes.
Sorry, I missed the bit at the top.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37974 on: June 12, 2020, 12:07:30 AM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37975 on: June 12, 2020, 12:15:15 AM »

I’d rather be on the losing side of a war beside and among black and brown people than be on the winning side of a war among people who wanted to be at war with other people at heart because they happen to be black or brown.

It’s 2020.

Statues, judges, prosecutors, legislators, cops put in place against that idea all got to come down.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37976 on: June 12, 2020, 12:24:08 AM »

I’m hopping there are so many fucktons of legal power blasting holes in trump’s liability waiver for klansmen that they generate a gravity field big enough to lure flocks of asteroids the size of the Maldives all the way from the outer glow of Alfa Centauri.

The particular reasons it won’t work in any jurisdiction he intends to stain with a rally, well ahead of the event would either force a revision of the waiver or abandonment of the waiver. Either way it gets more time in the news.

If it generates a handful or two of revisions, that now becomes fodder for the Lincoln Project, the Biden campaign, and on.

There’s the whites in their little piggy eyes.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37977 on: June 12, 2020, 12:34:25 AM »

We’re gonna have to drive trump out like a Bundy from federal land. Unfortunately there will be a bunch more mess to cleanup. Trump is maximizing his brand, American carnage.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37978 on: June 12, 2020, 12:41:07 AM »

Thank you for the prep notes on today’s spectacle. It sounds gruesome enough that I’m glad to be emotionally guarded before wading into the details of today’s chapter of American Carnage 2020.

Since de Klerk, certain racist cunts who fancy themselves clever, when they feel the tide of history sweeping up their legs, try to divert the righteously enraged and active toward the strange fruit hanging in the branches and away from the trunk and the roots In order to protect the whole evil tree.

I don't feel like apologising for anything I didn't do.
If I lived in America no way I'd be kneeling before anyone on earth.
Apologise to the non-White people in my street, in my old neighbourhood?
Like hell.
Most of them only arrived 'last week".
Most wouldn't even acknowledge my existence.
No English?  they could've waved back to me.
I'd bow my head to the Queen, no one else.

If I lived in America and I had Black neighbours I would treat them the same as they treated me. They treat me as equal, I treat them as equal.
If I waved to them...[who wants the neighbours of any race being too friendly and in your house all the time or at all?  It usually ends in disaster]...and they waved back then we would be friends.
If I waved to them and they ignored me, then two can play the ignore game.
"Ignore, ignore", dance to the beat.
Best all and any neighbours stay on their own side of the dividing fence.
Never would I be kneeling before them in apology for anything I didn't do, even if that Democrat woman candidate for President told me to.
I am not Christopher Columbus, I don't even like boats much.
I wasn't a slave owner, if they wanted revenge for that I would direct them to the appropriate cemeteries.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #37979 on: June 12, 2020, 01:25:11 AM »

I don't feel like apologising for anything I didn't do.
If I lived in America no way I'd be kneeling before anyone on earth.

We got it, Bambi.

You really don't need to trot your selfish ignorance in front of us repeatedly. Honest.

Nobody ever helped you. You are a self-made man. You built your country on land created from stone that nobody ever touched - it wasn't taken from others. Your clothing and home are from materials you grew, not from corporations that took advantage of people.
Pages: 1 ... 2530 2531 [2532] 2533 2534 ... 4288