Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2552 2553 [2554] 2555 2556 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1994591 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #38295 on: June 14, 2020, 09:36:01 PM »

It is my firm conclusion that the latest Atlanta case has ZERO to do with the deceased man being black.

Thanks to CNN for supplying at least some of the bodycam footage from the officers.

Because they arrest everybody who falls asleep in their cars.

Fail a sobriety test..in a vehicle.
Resist arrest.
Allegedly punch a cop in the face, ...then grab his taser, flee, then while fleeing turn around and allegedly fire the taser at the cop....and then wonder why the cop draws his gun and shoots you.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 09:39:05 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38296 on: June 14, 2020, 09:38:43 PM »

He’s not wondering anything. He’s dead.

Leave Seattleans to themselves, let them enjoy what they created.

Taken by itself, and read with the exact opposite intent with which it was posted, as if it were sincere, this is the smartest thing you have ever posted on a message board.

With a good editor, you could almost pass for human.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38298 on: June 14, 2020, 09:45:17 PM »

It is my firm conclusion that the latest Atlanta case has ZERO to do with the deceased man being black.

Thanks to CNN for supplying at least some of the bodycam footage from the officers.

Resist arrest.
Allegedly punch a cop in the face, ...then grab his taser, flee, then while fleeing turn around and allegedly fire the taser at the cop....and then wonder why the cop draws his gun and shoots you.

"Allegedly"

And no, dimwit, if a TASER is not a deadly weapon in the hands of the police (which they insist it isn't), then it isn't when in the hands of the person running away. IOW, yes, wonder why the cop draws his gun and shoots you.

But...
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/14/us/atlanta-protests-rayshard-brooks-sunday/index.html

The autopsy says he was shot twice, in the back.

"Turned around to shoot" seems less likely, somehow.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38299 on: June 14, 2020, 09:50:07 PM »

Or bunches of other unarmed black folks who were shot by police while in their homes.

fixed

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38300 on: June 14, 2020, 09:50:37 PM »

He’s not wondering anything. He’s dead.

Leave Seattleans to themselves, let them enjoy what they created.

Taken by itself, and read with the exact opposite intent with which it was posted, as if it were sincere, this is the smartest thing you have ever posted on a message board.

With a good editor, you could almost pass for human.

If I lived in America elsewhere than Seattle, no way I'd be joining a patriot biker ride to free Seattle, even if 10,000 strong.
The Governor is alleged to be " a radical leftist", the woman running Seattle seems to think it's all great, "a summer of love".
Go to free Seattle, to do that you'd likely have to shoot/kill people...or get killed yourself.

Islamic State terrorists swarmed thru Syria and Iraq or wherever, forcibly destroying monuments and obliterating history that they didn't agree with.
The comparison is being made on my radio today.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38301 on: June 14, 2020, 09:52:14 PM »

Resist arrest.

"Allegedly"

And no, dimwit, if a TASER is not a deadly weapon in the hands of the police (which they insist it isn't), then it isn't when in the hands of the person running away. IOW, yes, wonder why the cop draws his gun and shoots you.

But...
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/14/us/atlanta-protests-rayshard-brooks-sunday/index.html

As I was trying to get at - kicking in the groin was the better way for the officer to go

But of course that wouldnt fly either.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38302 on: June 14, 2020, 09:56:45 PM »

Resist arrest.

Bodycams = you can eliminate "allegedly"

Yes - I am all for the public police bodycam database.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38303 on: June 14, 2020, 10:03:35 PM »

Do you think Mr Brooks was a danger to other people, having a taser and in his fleeing?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38304 on: June 14, 2020, 10:04:26 PM »

Resist arrest.

"Allegedly"

But...

The video on my tv news showed him clearly turning around and pointing the taser at the cop/s...he seemingly fired the taser [flashes, glints of light showing something] at the cop/s. The cop then drew his gun and fired, but by the time he'd fired the guy had turned back around so got shot in the back.
"Police officer was treated in hospital for unspecified injuries and released", I read somewhere.
If only Mr Brooks had just submitted to arrest. [maybe apologised in the process, that's what I would've done.]

Think they said the video was from Wendys.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 10:07:59 PM by bambu. »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38305 on: June 14, 2020, 10:13:25 PM »

Do you think Mr Brooks was a danger to other people, having a taser and in his fleeing?

There were two armed cops.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38306 on: June 14, 2020, 10:19:15 PM »

Wasnt there a pro athlete recently arrested for falling asleep at a traffic light?

Not such a bad rule, I'd say.

Echo - how much of the video have you seen?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38307 on: June 14, 2020, 10:20:46 PM »

Resist arrest.

"Allegedly"

But...

The video on my tv news showed him clearly turning around and pointing the taser at the cop/s...he seemingly fired the taser [flashes, glints of light showing something] at the cop/s. The cop then drew his gun and fired, but by the time he'd fired the guy had turned back around so got shot in the back.
"Police officer was treated in hospital for unspecified injuries and released", I read somewhere.
If only Mr Brooks had just submitted to arrest. [maybe apologised in the process, that's what I would've done.]

Think they said the video was from Wendys.

George Floyd com0lied and none of you have even considered that might b3 a reason a drunk guy after thinking things were cool for forty minutes realized he was going in and he bolted.

He was drunk. There were two armed cops with his car and his ID so where was he go8ng to go?
When they asked he said he had been drinking and his sister was just a couple blocks away and could he just walk there?

Keep his keys and give him a number to get them in 5he morning.

No. Run him in.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38308 on: June 14, 2020, 10:21:58 PM »

There were two armed cops.

If they let him flee with the taser?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38309 on: June 14, 2020, 10:22:46 PM »

Or bunches of other unarmed black folks who were shot by police while in their homes.

fixed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/29/heres-why-we-dont-see-protests-when-police-unjustly-kill-white-people/

But while police abuse and violence have the potential to harm anyone, as with virtually all of the other shortcomings of the criminal justice system, it disproportionately harms black people. Cops may shoot and kill twice as many white people as black, but there about six times as many white people as black people in the United States. Proportionally, black people are much more likely to be shot and killed by cops.

So, not fixed. Just obscured to try to make a point and failing.

Pages: 1 ... 2552 2553 [2554] 2555 2556 ... 4288