Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2562 2563 [2564] 2565 2566 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1795390 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #38446 on: June 15, 2020, 06:18:25 PM »

Well there you go.

Yes. More bullshit from Mr. Jones, disguised as cogent though.

His and your ongoing putting of physical property ahead of people is a big part of the problem. It's why so many residences were razed in the past, in the name of "progress." (One of many liberal well-intentioned disasters was Urban Renewal, done by force and not foresight.) It's why we put petty thieves away for decades while giving white collar criminals fines or minimal jail time.

Inequity drives the first. Greed drives the second. Greed is considered acceptable. Inequity must be punished, but only on the low end.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38447 on: June 15, 2020, 06:19:24 PM »

Equality is what we are asking for.  The world has been slanted greatly towards inequality for so long. 
It's like saying Women shouldn't ask for equal pay because men hold doors open for them at work.

In bambuland women get equal pay, mandated by law.
Equal pay is set at a level...promotion and higher earning level is 'dog eat dog'...everyone fights for themselves.
Women have basically taken over the white collar workplace...it seems.
Many work part time...cheaper for employers.
In the industry in which I worked women working part time basically took over...middle aged and young men were made redundant.
Older men retired and went fishing.
Not so old men found other employment, reskilled.

Ten years later the companies realised their mistake and wanted us to come back, we'd all found other employment.
Now the women are being made redundant as the world goes automated and online.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38448 on: June 15, 2020, 06:19:48 PM »

I wonder how hard it is to immigrate to New Zealand.

You can't without a job.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38449 on: June 15, 2020, 06:43:51 PM »

"So, in New York, the doctors were not able to prescribe the hydroxychloroquine. And, the main treatment in New York City in Elmhurst Hospital was to essentially put these patients on a vent. And, they really refused to try any alternative treatments even though they were successful in other states," Olszewski told Bila. "For example, I’m from Florida. My hospital was successfully treating patients with the hydroxychloroquine and the zinc with a completely different number of deaths

https://www.foxnews.com/media/undercover-nurse-ny-hospital-isolate-coronavirus-patients

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38450 on: June 15, 2020, 06:55:07 PM »

I wonder how hard it is to immigrate to New Zealand.

You can't without a job.

Also, I understand they aren't taking immigrants from shithole countries, so...
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #38451 on: June 15, 2020, 06:56:15 PM »

I could have foreseen Roberts. But never Gorsuch.

From Gorsuch

An employer who fires an individual for being homosexual or transgender fires that person for traits or actions it wouldn’t have questioned in members of a different sex. Sex plays a necessary and undisguisable role in the decision, exactly what Title VII forbids.”

Imagine that. Relying on the text of Title VII.
Trump vowed to replace Scalia with a Justice of similar visions of the law.
Gorsuch delivered on this one.

Yet, so many conservatives feel differently:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/920080/conservatives-blast-gorsuch-after-lgbtq-discrimination-decision-among-worst-jurists-history-united-states

Gee, how surprising that they should feel that way.

Somehow, I don't think they would like laws that permitted discrimination against them for being straight, though!
I don’t know where “ Echo4 “ came from or why.
But his post was pretty stupid since it included the observation

Meghan McCain was among those on the right who celebrated the decision, though. And for the Washington Examiner, Brad Polumbo made the case that while "many conservatives may initially be shocked or dismayed" by Gorsuch's decision, it's actually "based on razor-sharp logic, and it is entirely consistent with the conservative commitment to textualism." Brendan Morrow

« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 07:32:10 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38452 on: June 15, 2020, 06:58:51 PM »

Someone seems to have confused "Many" and "All".
Remember the famous Russian proverb: The hungrier you get, the tastier the meal. On the other hand, the French have a proverb: Merde!

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38453 on: June 15, 2020, 07:03:15 PM »

"So, in New York, the doctors were not able to prescribe the hydroxychloroquine. And, the main treatment in New York City in Elmhurst Hospital was to essentially put these patients on a vent. And, they really refused to try any alternative treatments even though they were successful in other states," Olszewski told Bila. "For example, I’m from Florida. My hospital was successfully treating patients with the hydroxychloroquine and the zinc with a completely different number of deaths

https://www.foxnews.com/media/undercover-nurse-ny-hospital-isolate-coronavirus-patients

Have you looked into this person's credibility before taking what she says as gospel, or is it good enough that she is telling you something that satisfies your political pov on the matter?

Even the Fox piece you link to points to her possibly not knowing what she is talking about.  Its in the very last paragraph, but at least its there.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38454 on: June 15, 2020, 07:05:34 PM »

Someone seems to have confused "Many" and "All".

There is unquestionably quite a bit of consternation on the Right re: the decision.

Probably in no small part because they think it hurts Trump's chances at reelection.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38455 on: June 15, 2020, 07:07:38 PM »

That was a pleasant surprise.

I could have foreseen Roberts. But never Gorsuch.
From Gorsuch

An employer who fires an individual for being homosexual or transgender fires that person for traits or actions it wouldn’t have questioned in members of a different sex. Sex plays a necessary and undisguisable role in the decision, exactly what Title VII forbids.”

Imagine that. Relying on the text of Title VII.
Trump vowed to replace Scalia with a Justice of similar visions of the law.
Gorsuch delivered on this one.

Yet, so many conservatives feel differently:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/920080/conservatives-blast-gorsuch-after-lgbtq-discrimination-decision-among-worst-jurists-history-united-states

Gee, how surprising that they should feel that way.

Somehow, I don't think they would like laws that permitted discrimination against them for being straight, though!
I don’t know where “ Echo4 “ came from or why.
But his post was pretty stupid since it included the observation

Meghan McCain was among those on the right who celebrated the decision, though. And for the Washington Examiner, Brad Polumbo made the case that while "many conservatives may initially be shocked or dismayed" by Gorsuch's decision, it's actually "based on razor-sharp logic, and it is entirely consistent with the conservative commitment to textualism." Brendan Morrow

You really are challenged by this formatting thing.

That was from UNO, not from Echo4, Ward.

Do learn how to read this forum, please. It would make your statements only somewhat absurd instead of totally absurd.

Echo4

• View Profile

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #38457 on: June 15, 2020, 07:16:27 PM »

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED AT ELMHURST HOSPITAL
JUNE 11TH, 2020

https://zdoggmd.com/elmhurst-hospital/

coocoo bird got her 15 minutes of fame
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38458 on: June 15, 2020, 07:21:44 PM »

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/502819-trump-on-coronavirus-if-we-stop-testing-right-now-wed-have-very-few-cases

"If we stopped testing now, we'd have very few cases, if any," said President Trump, exhibiting again his failure to understand that a case that is not identified is still there.

"Our testing is so much bigger and more advanced than any other country (we have done a great job on this!) that it shows more cases. Without testing, or weak testing, we would be showing almost no cases. Testing is a double edged sword - Makes us look bad, but good to have!!!" Trump tweeted.

He fails, as well, to understand that we are 20th among countries with at least a million people, in percentage of people tested (based on total tests, which is misleading). Further, he is in denial about the fact that there are still parts of the country in which getting tested is non-trivial.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38459 on: June 15, 2020, 07:32:40 PM »

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED AT ELMHURST HOSPITAL
JUNE 11TH, 2020

https://zdoggmd.com/elmhurst-hospital/

coocoo bird got her 15 minutes of fame

Wow. I’ve never seen one of Kiid’s stalking horses so swiftly and thoroughly chummed as that.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2562 2563 [2564] 2565 2566 ... 4288