Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2613 2614 [2615] 2616 2617 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1872340 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #39210 on: June 20, 2020, 10:22:49 PM »

Arizona sheriff tested positive for coronavirus day after meeting Trump at White House

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #39211 on: June 20, 2020, 10:23:25 PM »

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39212 on: June 20, 2020, 10:24:58 PM »

The people who were there were neither socially distanced nor mask-wearing, except for the campaign manager and the folks selling merchandise.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #39213 on: June 20, 2020, 10:28:53 PM »

Guy got the biggest cheer from the audience when he proved that he could drink a glass of water with one hand.

I bet it was his left hand. That has been the one that kept coming in to 'save' him.

No it was the right.

I imagine the documentary that memorializes the occasion, Brad Parscale is interviewed:

“This was the big moment we had practiced. He hits this, we win it all. But the slightest hesitation, the slightest tremble, and we all go down.

But he nailed it, my god, he nailed it!  And the crowd went wild. He drank that glass of water like a fucking boss!”
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #39214 on: June 20, 2020, 10:30:48 PM »

The people who were there were neither socially distanced nor mask-wearing, except for the campaign manager and the folks selling merchandise.

Oh dear.
You can lead a horse to water.....

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39215 on: June 20, 2020, 10:32:06 PM »

Even in the more crowded sections, it is not jam packed or even close in the 2nd deck.

And while I am sure somebody in this pic is wearing a mask they were not readily seen.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39216 on: June 20, 2020, 10:39:07 PM »

As President Trump spoke about the coronavirus and media coverage of it during his Saturday rally, he referred to the virus with a racist term "kung flu," while complaining about the amount of names for the virus.

"It's a disease, without question, has more names than any disease in history, " he said. "I can name 'kung flu,' I can name 19 different versions of name. Many call it a virus, which it is. Many call it a flu. What difference? I think we have 19, 20 different versions of the name."

This is the man you continue to support and believe in, this racist piece of shit.

Supporting the racist instead of speaking out against him is part of how you have earned the label, yourselves.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39217 on: June 20, 2020, 10:42:01 PM »

Tulsa Fascist Rally a bust while Trump openly admits he suppressed testing in order to keep COVID numbers low, in other words, to make their lack of a response look better politically.

Uh yeah...USA!

OMG. What an idiotic thing to say, let alone do:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/trump-rally-speech-tonight-coronavirus-testing-tulsa-covid-19-a9577576.html

Trump on Covid-19 testing: “I said to my people — slow the testing down please”
\

The campaign tries to make it better:
After Trump made the comment about testing, an administration official told CNN that the president was "obviously kidding" when he said that he asked for a slowdown.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #39218 on: June 20, 2020, 10:43:35 PM »

But he nailed it, my god, he nailed it!  And the crowd went wild. He drank that glass of water like a fucking boss!”

As only Trump could

Never mind - I know.  You dont get it

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39219 on: June 20, 2020, 10:48:32 PM »

As only Trump could

Never mind - I know.  You dont get it

It's you who refuses to get it.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #39220 on: June 20, 2020, 10:53:59 PM »

It was like watching a shitty 70s metal band on the road for 100 straight nights playing their greatest hit over and over

uninspired boring bullshit with racist dog whistles

but he's can drink water one-handed

that ramp and water bit was pretty funny

the takeaway: Trump should stay away from leather-soled shoes and silk ties and get a good night's sleep

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #39221 on: June 20, 2020, 10:57:18 PM »

Happy to hear many of you watched.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #39222 on: June 20, 2020, 11:01:44 PM »

I am quite sure it is binding.

Fred's puzzlement was...

...puzzling

Years ago my brother and I went to a car track in Cali were you drove souped up carts. You had to sign a waiver to drive. I elaborately signed, “I’ll Sue.”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39223 on: June 20, 2020, 11:52:04 PM »

WIP 2

One singular (gross) sensation.

From the rally tonight we can infer that at least have the people who say they’ll vote for trump can be easily persuaded to change their minds. Support very soft for dottering deviant donald. Soft as the bigotry in our expectations of Kiid.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39224 on: June 21, 2020, 12:00:30 AM »

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/19/sports-justice-department-rejects-scotus-transgender-rule/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

Trump's AG has decided that the SCOTUS anti-discrimination ruling (6-3) does not apply to sports and excluding transwomen from college sports is fine.

I am sure they want to be back with SCOTUS.
Pages: 1 ... 2613 2614 [2615] 2616 2617 ... 4288