Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2634 2635 [2636] 2637 2638 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1869748 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #39526 on: June 23, 2020, 10:05:20 AM »

“As alleged, Ethan Melzer, a private in the U.S. Army, was the enemy within.  Melzer allegedly attempted to orchestrate a murderous ambush on his own unit by unlawfully revealing its location, strength, and armaments to a neo-Nazi, anarchist, white supremacist group,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss for the Southern District of New York.  “Melzer allegedly provided this potentially deadly information intending that it be conveyed to jihadist terrorists.  As alleged, Melzer was motivated by racism and hatred as he attempted to carry out this ultimate act of betrayal.  Thanks to the efforts of the agents and detectives of the JTTF, our partners in the Departments of Defense and State, and the career prosecutors of this office, a hate-fueled terrorist attack against American soldiers has been thwarted.”

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/us-army-soldier-charged-terrorism-offenses-planning-deadly-ambush-service-members-his-unit

Barr: No, no, wait, over here guys, Antifa!  They are the terrorists!

kiidcarter8:  Seattle!
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #39528 on: June 23, 2020, 10:10:05 AM »

How far will it go? He was a racist worthy of a dump though. Kennedy, Eisenhower still safe. Obama in the future for sure.

Petition calls for St. Louis to be renamed, removal of statue on Art Hill
The creators of the petition say "Nazi Germany gained inspiration and ideas" from city's namesake

https://kmox.radio.com/articles/news/petition-calls-for-st-louis-to-be-renamed-statue-removed
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #39529 on: June 23, 2020, 10:27:17 AM »

Trump lies.  A lot.  But here when asked a direct question on slowing down testing, he skirts it:

https://twitter.com/JoeStGeorge/status/1275095209240604673

Why does he not just lie and repeat the campaign line that he was joking or say what Pence said, that he was just making  a"passing observation" whatever the fuck that means?

No, I think he doesn't contradict what he said in the rally because he is actually on a certain level proud of a decision that makes total sense to him; if we do too much testing it makes us look bad because the numbers go up, so, he slowed it down.  Totally logical.

And note he still doesn't get that the issue is transmission.  Yes, when someone who is asymptomatic is tested positive, it is not significant because they might get sick and die.  It is significant because now that person knows not to pass it on to other people.

So simple, yet our "president" is one giant doofus child, and simple concepts pass over his head.  Incredibly stupid, and totally self-involved.  And the rest of the country is left to suffer.

When asked today if he was joking about slowing down testing, Trump said "I don't kid."  He is standing behind this.  Standing behind actions that led to the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans.

Also, hopefully someone will be sure to be remind him of this the next time he excuses his racism/treason/ignorance with "I was just joking."

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #39530 on: June 23, 2020, 10:30:02 AM »

Trump lies.  A lot.  But here when asked a direct question on slowing down testing, he skirts it:

https://twitter.com/JoeStGeorge/status/1275095209240604673

Why does he not just lie and repeat the campaign line that he was joking or say what Pence said, that he was just making  a"passing observation" whatever the fuck that means?

No, I think he doesn't contradict what he said in the rally because he is actually on a certain level proud of a decision that makes total sense to him; if we do too much testing it makes us look bad because the numbers go up, so, he slowed it down.  Totally logical.

And note he still doesn't get that the issue is transmission.  Yes, when someone who is asymptomatic is tested positive, it is not significant because they might get sick and die.  It is significant because now that person knows not to pass it on to other people.

So simple, yet our "president" is one giant doofus child, and simple concepts pass over his head.  Incredibly stupid, and totally self-involved.  And the rest of the country is left to suffer.

When asked today if he was joking about slowing down testing, Trump said "I don't kid."  He is standing behind this.  Standing behind actions that led to the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans.

Also, hopefully someone will be sure to be remind him of this the next time he excuses his racism/treason/ignorance with "I was just joking."

And he is still calling testing a "double-edged sword."  What does he mean by this?  What is the edge of testing that hurts  Americans?  There is none.

He thinks higher numbers hurt his political prospects.  That's the other edge.  That is the "downside" to the best known method for keeping Americans safe and healthy.

His priority is himself, not Americans.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39531 on: June 23, 2020, 10:39:22 AM »

I believe Mrs.BHO would be the best choice for running mate.

Most qualified centrist Afro-American female. She would galvanize the minority voters. Based on BHO she would not follow elitist liberal lost causes as per deplorable HRC. She claims to be not interested, but can she walk away?

Do not mistake "I am a good first lady" for "my politics are the same as my husband's," Luee, regardless of what you think of HRC.

And it's a hoot hearing you describe Hillary Clinton as following "elitist liberal lost causes" given that one of the reasons she lost was that she was seen as a corporatist moderate by the "elitist liberal lost causes" advocates.

I also think that only one of the women being discussed is a threat to your precious avoidance of liberality and that is Elizabeth Warren. She is not only far to Biden's left, she already has his respect and his ear in ways Bernie never could. You should be grateful she isn't Black.

HRC lost the working class in heartland states by attacking deplorable white supremacist unionists and dirty filthy coal miners in the last stages of the campaign.

Which is (a) hardly "elitist liberal," and (b) not wrong on the first half, though it was not about unionists, and erroneous on the latter. She did not attack the coal miners. Rather, she told them the truth. their jobs either had gone or were going and would not be coming back. (c) She made the comment. "we're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business," in MARCH, which is hardly the "late stages" of the campaign.

"We're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business. We're going to make it clear that we don't want to forget those people," Clinton said. "Those people labored in those mines for generations, losing their health, often losing their lives to turn on our lights and power our factories. Now we've got to move away from coal and all the other fossil fuels, but I don't want to move away from the people who did the best they could to produce the energy that we relied on."

The first line was ill-conceived for a presidential campaign, but it was just true. It wasn't liberal, other than that it was honest about the industry vs. the lies that Trump was telling. In the 4 years after she said it, there have been more mining jobs than in March 2016 for a total of ONE month, by 100 jobs nationally. It's never reached February 2016.

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

She said the other half of Trump’s supporters “feel that the government has let them down” and are “desperate for change.”

“Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well,” she said.

And which part of that do you disagree with, Luee?!

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39532 on: June 23, 2020, 10:41:34 AM »

The "president" was totally kidding when he said he wanted testing slowed down.

Or not:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/top-democrats-say-trump-sitting-14-billion-coronavirus-testing-contact-n1231688

And don't even start on the ventilators that never got distributed.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39533 on: June 23, 2020, 10:42:38 AM »

Trump and the GOP are toast... and they know it.

Will they blow it all up or just continue to loot the treasury?

FIFY

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #39534 on: June 23, 2020, 10:51:49 AM »

And that statement wasn't in the late stages of the campaign either, and if it had any effect on the polling at all, she fully recovered soon afterward.

It was Comey's two statements re: the investigations of her email that led to national poling suddenly tightening in the late stages.  Yes, national polling, but when you win by 70,000 votes awfully hard to argue that wasn't the difference maker. 

And of course, Russia played a large part in keeping that "But Her Emails" scheme alive.  A contribution to that scheme that we know the Trump Campaign was aware of, and sought to coordinate with.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39535 on: June 23, 2020, 11:06:37 AM »

Trump genuinely feels the USA is best served in a Trump presidency. 

Trump genuinely feels that Trump is best served by a Trump presidency.

I don't think he gives a shit about ... the country.
I dont think he sees any difference.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39536 on: June 23, 2020, 11:22:14 AM »

And that statement wasn't in the late stages of the campaign either, and if it had any effect on the polling at all, she fully recovered soon afterward.

It was Comey's two statements re: the investigations of her email that led to national poling suddenly tightening in the late stages.  Yes, national polling, but when you win by 70,000 votes awfully hard to argue that wasn't the difference maker. 

And of course, Russia played a large part in keeping that "But Her Emails" scheme alive.  A contribution to that scheme that we know the Trump Campaign was aware of, and sought to coordinate with.

I figured that September was at least arguably late stages - post-nomination, at a minimum.

And yes, Comey combined with how the media handled Comey. I figure the Russians will be a factor this time around, too, but Comey not so much.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39537 on: June 23, 2020, 11:27:38 AM »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-china-navarro/white-house-adviser-navarro-walks-back-on-comments-china-trade-deal-over-idUSKBN23U02Q

"comments taken wildly out of context..."

You mean having the interview played in its entirety?!

Peter Navarro needs his lie detector turned on, so he can figure out the truth.

barton

« Reply #39539 on: June 23, 2020, 11:37:54 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/barn-owl-siblings-share-their-food-in-exchange-for-grooming/2020/06/19/a8eb30d2-b0c6-11ea-8758-bfd1d045525a_story.html

OK,  wrong link.   Had a Guardian article on America's water crisis,  but somehow it dropped off the clipboard.   It's crazy how many people can't afford water in US cities.   

It's a little harder to connect barn owl chicks to the Trump administration.   
Pages: 1 ... 2634 2635 [2636] 2637 2638 ... 4288