Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2637 2638 [2639] 2640 2641 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1872802 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #39570 on: June 23, 2020, 04:05:41 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/23/politics/trump-claim-coronavirus-slow-testing-pattern-joking-sarcasm/index.html

I give you this outline - point out what irks you and I will respond

Oh, it irks me that he cannot just say "I misspoke" or "Yeah, that was in poor taste. Sorry!"

Instead, he comes across like every abusive guy ever, after making the umpteenth cutting remark: "Babe, I was kidding! You know I would never...."

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #39571 on: June 23, 2020, 04:14:19 PM »

So sad prez knows nothing of pandemics. No mask for his manly orange face. Millions put at risk.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #39572 on: June 23, 2020, 04:22:24 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/23/politics/trump-claim-coronavirus-slow-testing-pattern-joking-sarcasm/index.html

I give you this outline - point out what irks you and I will respond

That's not an outline.

Oh, wait - you're joking.

I object to three things, Kid.

I object to the fact that he does not indicate something is (ostensibly) a joke until he's been called on it.

I object even when it might be humor that he does it at the expense of the suffering. No, Kid, I don't mean liberals. I mean the families of the dead, for example.

I object to his inability to grasp facts, while he lies about crap and (claims to) made jokes about it.

"We lead the world in testing." --> If by that he means we have run the most tests, it is certainly true. It would also be true then that "We lead the world in deaths from COVID-19," but I am sure he would quickly point out that we don't lead on a per capita basis. Regardless, we are maybe 16th or 18th per capita in testing among countries with at least a million people. And we are now 6th in the world in number of cases per capita, among those countries with at least a million in population. And 7th in deaths per capita.

The whole conversation, which kiidcarter8 is apparently incapable of participating in, is an exercise in the lowered expectations that come with Trump.  Why is it that we need to play a fucking guessing game on whether the man who was elected to be President of the United States of America is "joking" or lying or just talking out of his ass, why are his words worth so little?

Simple explanation is that he doesn't know what the hell he is talking about, lacks basic factual knowledge (isn't Finland part of Russia) and is a racist bigot, so when he says things that make that apparent he needs to fall back on "I'm just joking" and his supporters take that as a perfectly reasonable explanation without thinking "Huh, maybe the word of the leader of the most powerful country in the world should be worth more than that."
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #39573 on: June 23, 2020, 04:23:28 PM »

Is chess racist?    white always goes first.....ABC downunder is asking the question.

Pool/snooker? the white ball is dominant.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #39574 on: June 23, 2020, 04:26:53 PM »

"Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.

"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.

"It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale. And let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk."

- Steve Schmidt

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/23/politics/steve-schmidt-donald-trump/index.html
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #39575 on: June 23, 2020, 04:32:46 PM »

my radio 6am news just announced that :

"Protesters in Washington DC are battling it out with police  in an area near th White House. They've told the police
that they the police have to leave because they the protesters are settling up a 6 block Black House Autonomous Zone."

Of course.
Why am I not surprised.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39576 on: June 23, 2020, 04:33:24 PM »

Is chess racist?    white always goes first.....ABC downunder is asking the question.

Your whole fucking culture is racist, kangaroo Hitler. It’s just one of the major reasons it’s dying off.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39577 on: June 23, 2020, 04:42:05 PM »

You are a racist who drives that home with almost every post.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #39578 on: June 23, 2020, 04:53:08 PM »

"Protesters in Washington DC are battling it out with police  in an area near th White House. They've told the police
that they the police have to leave because they the protesters are settling up a 6 block Black House Autonomous Zone."

Of course.
Why am I not surprised.

Simply not happening

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39579 on: June 23, 2020, 04:59:17 PM »

Of course.
Why am I not surprised.

Simply not happening

Still waiting.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #39580 on: June 23, 2020, 05:00:31 PM »

Will pianos be next on the "cancel culture"  list...white keys larger than black keys.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #39581 on: June 23, 2020, 05:01:34 PM »

Of course.
Why am I not surprised.

Um... no.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #39582 on: June 23, 2020, 05:02:43 PM »

Of course.
Why am I not surprised.

Simply not happening

Still waiting.

As soon as I can get to use the desktop computer....this tablet is not ideal.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39583 on: June 23, 2020, 05:05:02 PM »

Will pianos be next on the "cancel culture"  list...white keys larger than black keys.

No, you will be next.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39584 on: June 23, 2020, 05:13:52 PM »

Your white balls are not dominant, which is why they always retreat in fear to the safety of your body cavity at the mere sight of darker skin. But then you are a RACIST.

And so is the person who ridiculed and demeaned persons of color in the comment you cite.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville
Pages: 1 ... 2637 2638 [2639] 2640 2641 ... 4288