Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2641 2642 [2643] 2644 2645 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1877644 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #39630 on: June 23, 2020, 07:36:35 PM »

Trump demands ten year sentences for 'disgraceful' protesters who tried to pull down an Andrew Jackson statue while building a 'Black House Autonomous Zone' outside the White House amid clashes with DC cops in riot gear
•Trump demanded prison sentences for 'disgraceful vandalism,' also considers Jackson his favorite president

(a) You understand that Trump can demand anything he wants and it has no legal impact?

(b) Of course he considers Jackson his favorite president, for all the same reason the folks were trying to pull down his statue. Jackson ignored and supported Georgia's ignoring of the Supreme Court's decision, allowing and encouraging the seizing of native's land in violation of treaties.

No doubt, you, too, applaud Jackson.

I wouldn't know Andrew Jackson from Jet Jackson.
Enough with anarchy and tearing down and vandalising statues or anything else the 'cancel' crowd don't llke.

You were just told. Still no opinion?

There you go, above...I've always been 'slow', true.   "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread". "Slow and steady wins the race". "Measure twice, cut once."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 07:44:16 PM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #39631 on: June 23, 2020, 07:39:52 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/22/world/europe/sweden-coronavirus-pariah-scandinavia.html?fbclid=IwAR10DT8694XuWh2gY9WUPMi9I0KYpf9VCT_Vs_8_cW2GBTvmrElFomsibFI

The US has achieved what Kid and Bambi wanted - we are now like Sweden!

The European Union doesn't want to let anybody in from either country.

AMERICA FIRST!

You should be so proud, Kid.

Wrong.
I never wanted that herd immunity nonsense. I wanted what Australia did/is doing, except for the few mistakes...like not locking up soon enough in quarantine people arriving in Australia by sea and air.
Masks should be made compulsory, they are not.
Social distancing should be, and is in most places.
Clubs...country clubs, golf clubs, sporting clubs, veterans clubs etc...all with slot machines, dining, bars etc.
They have to have "Social distancing ambassadors" to point patrons 'in the right direction'.
Every second slot machine working, no loitering at the bars, markers on the floor for patrons to stand.

Or Gladys will close them down! [in NSW].

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/nsw-premier-weighs-in-on-states-success-as-one-new-covid-case-is-recorded-c-1118092

« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 07:54:53 PM by bambu. »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #39632 on: June 23, 2020, 07:40:57 PM »

Hah.  Unintentional irony.  The band Guadalcanal Diary has a song called "Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear to Tread)" Another song for the band?  "Trail of Tears". 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39633 on: June 23, 2020, 07:43:10 PM »

He is a natural presidential hero to Trump
and to anyone who aspires to love of country and the Constitution) except today’s democrat party which was founded by him

The first is true and nobody disputes it.

The second is a crock of shit. If you loved the Constitution, then you would despise Jackson. If you think of the US as an inherently racist institution, then I suppose "love of country" fits. It certainly fits you.

And today's Democratic Party is about as connected to Jackson as today's GOP is connected to Lincoln - which it isn't.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39634 on: June 23, 2020, 07:44:50 PM »

Trump demands ten year sentences for 'disgraceful' protesters who tried to pull down an Andrew Jackson statue while building a 'Black House Autonomous Zone' outside the White House amid clashes with DC cops in riot gear
•Trump demanded prison sentences for 'disgraceful vandalism,' also considers Jackson his favorite president

(a) You understand that Trump can demand anything he wants and it has no legal impact?

(b) Of course he considers Jackson his favorite president, for all the same reason the folks were trying to pull down his statue. Jackson ignored and supported Georgia's ignoring of the Supreme Court's decision, allowing and encouraging the seizing of native's land in violation of treaties.

The removals, conducted under both Presidents Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren, followed the Indian Removal Act of 1830, which provided the president with powers to exchange land with Native tribes and provide infrastructure improvements on the existing lands.

You, too, ignore the Supreme Court. Like I said, you would like Jackson. Might makes right.

What I would do is start a conversation, instead of ignoring it, as you prefer.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #39635 on: June 23, 2020, 08:01:10 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/23/politics/trump-claim-coronavirus-slow-testing-pattern-joking-sarcasm/index.html

I give you this outline - point out what irks you and I will respond

Oh, it irks me that he cannot just say "I misspoke" or "Yeah, that was in poor taste. Sorry!"

Instead, he comes across like every abusive guy ever, after making the umpteenth cutting remark: "Babe, I was kidding! You know I would never...."

Some people see apologizing as a sign of weakness.  Rather than what it is, a sign of maturity.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 08:03:30 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #39636 on: June 23, 2020, 08:02:45 PM »

Hah.  Unintentional irony.  The band Guadalcanal Diary has a song called "Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear to Tread)" Another song for the band?  "Trail of Tears".

I know of that;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPFP_XazE5U&list=PL9BgEBuU6_F8fIEvV5nDcSqRhsv0bqz8r
Josey Wales gets to know Lone Watie (Clint Eastwood and Chief Dan George)

'they all died on the trail of tears'

barton

« Reply #39637 on: June 23, 2020, 08:04:41 PM »

Ward's hagiography of Pres Jackson has to be one of his funnier shticks here.

I look forward to Trump declaring himself a big fan of Vlad the Impaler.  And Ward's resulting contortionist act.   

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #39638 on: June 23, 2020, 08:07:55 PM »

Is chess racist?    white always goes first.....ABC downunder is asking the question.

Pool/snooker? the white ball is dominant.

"Racism will never end as long as white cars are still using black tires."
"Racism will never end if people still use black to symbolise bad luck and WHITE for peace."
"Racism will never end if people still wear white clothes to weddings and black clothes to the funerals."
"Racism will never end as long as we still wash first white clothes, then other colours later."
"Racism will never end as long as those who don't pay their bills are blacklisted not white listed."
"I don't care, so long as my toilet seat is white and I'm still using the white toilet paper... I'm still fine. "

- Former Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #39639 on: June 23, 2020, 08:12:18 PM »

Donald Trump is US President because the American people elected him such...under exactly the same system as they elected Barack Obama President.

He did not win the vote of majority of the people.  Obama did.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #39640 on: June 23, 2020, 08:24:02 PM »

Does redstateward know that Democratic Party underwent a shift in makeup since the civil rights era?  African-Americans used to support the Republican party and Southern Whites used to vote Democatic.  People seem to act like that never happened when they correctly point out that Democrats supported slavery and Republicans opposed it. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #39641 on: June 23, 2020, 08:24:48 PM »

hagiography is not a synonym for verifiable history.
Not surprised it is news to you.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #39642 on: June 23, 2020, 08:34:43 PM »

The removals, conducted under both Presidents Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren, followed the Indian Removal Act of 1830, which provided the president with powers to exchange land with Native tribes and provide infrastructure improvements on the existing lands.

You, too, ignore the Supreme Court. Like I said, you would like Jackson. Might makes right.

What I would do is start a conversation, instead of ignoring it, as you prefer.

Might doesn't always make right...sometimes it does though.

barton

« Reply #39643 on: June 23, 2020, 08:37:07 PM »

hagiography is not a synonym for verifiable history.
Not surprised it is news to you.

Hagiography is precisely what you did.   Pick a few flattering bits,  massage and buff them,  and then leave out all the nasty stuff.   

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #39644 on: June 23, 2020, 08:38:44 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/23/politics/trump-claim-coronavirus-slow-testing-pattern-joking-sarcasm/index.html

I give you this outline - point out what irks you and I will respond

Oh, it irks me that he cannot just say "I misspoke" or "Yeah, that was in poor taste. Sorry!"

Instead, he comes across like every abusive guy ever, after making the umpteenth cutting remark: "Babe, I was kidding! You know I would never...."

Some people see apologizing as a sign of weakness.  Rather than what it is, a sign of maturity.

I just think he isn't sorry.

Yes, he thinks apologizing is a sign of weakness, too, however.
Pages: 1 ... 2641 2642 [2643] 2644 2645 ... 4288