Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1873998 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4050 on: October 05, 2018, 07:45:07 PM »

Why don't you post the list of those Supreme Court cases (hell I'll even take a lower court case) that have held that a no vote for a individual nominated for a seat on a federal bench constitutes a deprivation of "due process."
What does that have to do with the Kavanaugh situation?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: October 05, 2018, 07:48:23 PM »

Why don't you post the list of those Supreme Court cases (hell I'll even take a lower court case) that have held that a no vote for a individual nominated for a seat on a federal bench constitutes a deprivation of "due process."
You're the one throwing terms like "due process" around. You tell me.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: October 05, 2018, 07:50:41 PM »

You're "delighted" that "due process is still part of our "democracy" so you must know.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: October 05, 2018, 07:56:22 PM »

Dreamworld: "You know Yankguy, I shouldn't have used 'due process'. I'm just delighted my guy is getting confirmed."

Okay Red. Fair enough

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: October 05, 2018, 08:06:37 PM »

You're the one throwing terms like "due process" around. You tell me.

There was nothing in Kavanaugh’s record that prevented him from being confirmed
Unless
You were against Conservatives
Or you felt he would overturn Roe v Wade.
If those were the reasons go for it. ( hope you have 50 other votes)
Anything related to ancient charges of misbehavior  as a teenager need, at least, verification.
Got any?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: October 05, 2018, 08:11:22 PM »

Verification?  You might have wanted verification, but mere belief in that or any allegation by enough Senators is more than enough to reject a nominee. A nominee to a court can be confirmed or rejected for any reason or none at all (see Garland, Merrick). And it has nothing to do with due process. Your change of mind will be noted. Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 08:20:43 PM by Yankguy1 »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: October 05, 2018, 08:19:25 PM »

I know you fancy yourself a constitutional scholar and all, but your nakedly political arguments really aren't given added gravitas by throwing around constitutional terms you clearly don't understand.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 08:21:43 PM by Yankguy1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: October 05, 2018, 08:35:53 PM »

Collins made her announcement.

Too many people wanted to donate to her future opponent:
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/10/05/after-backing-kavanaugh-funding-platform-unseat-susan-collins-2020-crashes-traffic
If those Crowd Funders want to do something useful they could give the money to Dr Ford whose life was forever scarred by Feinstein and the juvenile delinquents of the democrat party.
Susan Collins’ speech, by the way, was magnificent. Powerful and accurate as to what this assault on our democracy by the dems was all about.

She got $700,000 from a different fundraiser, Redd.

Your own character assassination is duly noted as is your ongoing allergy to facts.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: October 05, 2018, 08:52:44 PM »

Verification?  You might have wanted verification, but mere belief in that or any allegation by enough Senators is more than enough to reject a nominee. A nominee to a court can be confirmed or rejected for any reason or none at all (see Garland, Merrick). And it has nothing to do with due process. Your change of mind will be noted. Thanks in advance!
I didn’t change anything.
You did.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: October 05, 2018, 08:54:10 PM »

I know you fancy yourself a constitutional scholar and all, but your nakedly political arguments really aren't given added gravitas by throwing around constitutional terms you clearly don't understand.
Putting words together to make you feel better is nice, but hardly insightful. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: October 05, 2018, 08:55:49 PM »

Collins made her announcement.

Too many people wanted to donate to her future opponent:
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/10/05/after-backing-kavanaugh-funding-platform-unseat-susan-collins-2020-crashes-traffic
If those Crowd Funders want to do something useful they could give the money to Dr Ford whose life was forever scarred by Feinstein and the juvenile delinquents of the democrat party.
Susan Collins’ speech, by the way, was magnificent. Powerful and accurate as to what this assault on our democracy by the dems was all about.

She got $700,000 from a different fundraiser, Redd.
Who is “ She”?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: October 05, 2018, 08:56:09 PM »

Still waiting for your detailed analysis of the due process issues you raised.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: October 05, 2018, 09:27:46 PM »

Still waiting for your detailed analysis of the due process issues you raised.
What confuses you?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: October 05, 2018, 09:34:00 PM »

I'm confused by anybody who uses terms they don't understand.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: October 05, 2018, 09:37:11 PM »

I've asked you several times to help me understand the due process issues presented by the Kavanaugh controversy and much to my surprise you've been unable to.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 4288