Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2700 2701 [2702] 2703 2704 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1602121 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40515 on: June 29, 2020, 12:40:50 PM »

Also, you are a RACIST. Just need to remind people of an important fact.

This was not directed at me but how about a moratorium on calling forum members racist?

It's not helpful.  And it's IGGYTOWN for a while when I see it (see ya, Lime).

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40516 on: June 29, 2020, 12:41:37 PM »

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/29/new-journal-vet-covid-19-preprints/

A new journal is starting up to vet COVID-19 preprints, call out misinformation, and report on credible research.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40517 on: June 29, 2020, 12:47:13 PM »

Which part is the funny part?

That he thinks  the administration would comment on such a hypothetical.

This is a case study in someone seeing only what they want to see.

A hypothetical?  Reports coming in from the ground in Afghanistan from US Special forces, high level NSC briefings on the subject in the White House (even if you believe that Trump wasn't in or aware of those briefings) and the US passed this intelligence on to NATO allies who have since briefed their leaders at the highest levels.

This isn't a fucking hypothetical.  The only reason you need it to be downplayed as one is that would be the only possible way to justify Trump's reaction to it.  But that is ass backward thinking.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40518 on: June 29, 2020, 12:48:47 PM »

That he thinks  the administration would comment on such a hypothetical.

This is a case study in someone seeing only what they want to see.

A hypothetical?  Reports coming in from the ground in Afghanistan from US Special forces, high level NSC briefings on the subject in the White House (even if you believe that Trump wasn't in or aware of those briefings) and the US passed this intelligence on to NATO allies who have since briefed their leaders at the highest levels.

This isn't a fucking hypothetical.  The only reason you need it to be downplayed as one is that would be the only possible way to justify Trump's reaction to it.  But that is ass backward thinking.

And of course, the Administration has commented.  Trump himself has commented.  And he has called it a discredited hoax.

Which makes it awfully strange that we are briefing our allies on it...
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40519 on: June 29, 2020, 12:53:30 PM »

Trump himself is a discredited hoax. Trump’s vitriol is pure projection. When he comes out sounding pissed, the question to ask is what terrible fuck up or crime is he trying to cover up in the moment.

This was not directed at me but how about a moratorium on calling forum members racist?

It’s good you are starting to realize that being identified as a lead racist is an uncomfortable prospect. I suggest you carefully screen what you post for overt racism, both in your own words and what you quote and link to. This will help you earn the racist label less often.

If you can avoid spreading racism for a few years, though it may seriously choke off your volume of posts while you search for new topics to discuss, it may convince some here that you are starting to turn over a new less racist leaf.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40520 on: June 29, 2020, 12:55:52 PM »

I dont think so.  Nations share all kinds of banter, including unsubstantiated theoreticals

That the theory is out there makes us keen to it - should it happen.

McFarland laid it out for you pretty good as to why she feels Trump is being honest.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40521 on: June 29, 2020, 12:59:53 PM »

Trump's tweet today says he wasn't told about the intelligence because "they did not find this info credible."  Which is a lie.

A lie how?

That it WAS credible (explain) yet he was not told?

That he WAS told?

That it may have not been credible but he was told anyway?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40522 on: June 29, 2020, 01:01:18 PM »

McFarland laid it out for you pretty good as to why she feels Trump is being honest.

McFarland was full of shit, and I told you why.

Russia doesn't have the money?  LOL.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40523 on: June 29, 2020, 01:03:42 PM »

WASHINGTON —  Members of Congress will hold a hearing Monday on the forcible clearing of peaceful protesters before President Donald Trump's controversial early June walk to St. John's Church for a photo opportunity.

The House Natural Resources Committee will hold its first hearing on the June 1 incident, in which peaceful protesters were removed from the park using chemical irritants, rubber bullets, shields and horses. Trump, who posed with a bible in front of the historic church along with members of his administration, drew wide condemnation for the force used on demonstrators.

House Democrats have pressed the Trump administration for information on its response to the protesters, who were cleared roughly a half-hour before what was then a 7 p.m. curfew in Washington, D.C. The Interior Department's Inspector General office has opened an investigation.

Former Trump Defense Secretary James Mattis called the event a "bizarre photo op" with the military in a scathing statement. Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley later said it was a "mistake" to participate in the walk to the church.

The Democrat-led committee said the hearing will focus on determining what happened in the events leading up to and after the clearing of protesters, whether excessive force was used, and what policy options are available.

Kishon McDonald, a protester who was injured that day by law enforcement, is expected to testify along with Amelia Brace, an Australian reporter who was repeatedly punched by law enforcement officers, and the Right Rev. Mariann Budde, the bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington, which includes St. John's Church.

https://news.yahoo.com/protester-journalist-bishop-testify-congress-145330379.html
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40524 on: June 29, 2020, 01:05:15 PM »

Trump's tweet today says he wasn't told about the intelligence because "they did not find this info credible."  Which is a lie.

A lie how?

He said "they did not find this info credible."  This is obviously a lie.  It was credible enough to share with allies.  And reporting is that the US is actively investigating attacks to see if they are connected.

So no such conclusion has been reached.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40525 on: June 29, 2020, 01:06:00 PM »

I dont think so.  Nations share all kinds of banter, including unsubstantiated theoreticals

That the theory is out there makes us keen to it - should it happen.

Bhagdad Bobcarter8 won’t abandon his Saddam.

Here’s something else Saddam trump donald Bin Laden was briefed on only to be derelict in his duty and lie to the public about it,

http://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9353dv/this-map-shows-which-us-homes-will-flood-over-the-next-30-years-due-to-climate-change

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40526 on: June 29, 2020, 01:07:14 PM »

LOL.  You have no fucking idea what kind of intelligence nations share with each other.

We shared the info with the UK, a key ally in Afghanistan, and Boris Johnson has been briefed, but you know, its all just hypothetical.

You are a pathetic lickspittle.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40527 on: June 29, 2020, 01:11:04 PM »

United States intelligence officers and Special Operations forces in Afghanistan alerted their superiors as early as January to a suspected Russian plot to pay bounties to the Taliban to kill American troops in Afghanistan, according to officials briefed on the matter. They believed at least one U.S. troop death was the result of the bounties, two of the officials said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/28/us/politics/russian-bounties-warnings-trump.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Yeah, that sure sounds like a discredited hoax to me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40528 on: June 29, 2020, 01:25:43 PM »

No. Pointing out bambu's racism is an integral part of any rational response to most of his posts. While with others I usually simply point out an argument is racist rather than the poster, his racism is at the core of bambi's posts. Though I certainly understand why you would want a moratorium on people identifying racism when they see it.

As always the primary purpose of an ignore feature is to let the other person know that you are ignoring them. "Look at me over here! Can't you see me ignoring you? Pay attention to me ignoring you!"

I do not care if you read my posts or not.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40529 on: June 29, 2020, 01:27:09 PM »

Trump hasn't even said that it isn't ok.

heh

What is funny about Trump's derelition of duty?

What's funnier ignoring the CV threat and allowing it to spread or ignoring the ever present Russian threat?

OR?

WHAT IS THE FUNNY PART?

Or are you just a fucking moron incapable of seeing the disaster unfold and the dangers it holds?

heh

Even Liz Cheney is demanding answers on this.

kiidcarter8 is so far up Trump's ass, he is willing to excuse some dead American Troops for the cause of his reelection.

Fusilli Kid

It was a million to one shot, Doc. Million to one.

Kid still laughing about dead Americans and the blood on Trump's small hands?

JFC

Kid-just wipe off your head from time to time, take a deep breasth, spray with Clorox and jam your head back up Trump's rump.

Enjoy the view for the next 5 months.
Pages: 1 ... 2700 2701 [2702] 2703 2704 ... 4288