Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2702 2703 [2704] 2705 2706 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595534 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40545 on: June 29, 2020, 03:42:39 PM »

If Trump gets Covid-19 there's a very good chance he will die. (despite the best efforts of US health professionals.)
He seems to think he's invincible.

No, he just wishes to seem that way.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/26/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-protocols/index.html

He has made it clear to his staff that he is not to get sick, as it would make him look weak. Still won't wear a mask where it can be seen (which means any time at all, I suppose). But definitely thinks his getting sick is possible.

Maybe it's "conspiracy theorist" thinking but I'm pretty sure Trump can get his hands/already has any covid vaccine candidates that are currently being created/tested.   I say this with no evidence.  It's just a belief.  At the very least they're pumping him with covid antibody transfusions.  I can't believe that he would act so cavalier in the face of the virus without a backup plan.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40546 on: June 29, 2020, 04:05:34 PM »

Election fraud?

Sure!

https://apnews.com/301e1e48b792f61d7a94604eddee015e

Official finds Montana GOP violated campaign finance laws

The Montana Republican Party and two minor party qualification committees violated state campaign finance laws in a successful effort to qualify the Green Party of Montana for the primary ballot without the Green Party’s knowledge, the commissioner of political practices said Friday.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40547 on: June 29, 2020, 05:01:32 PM »

Worth a look.  If you haven't gotten enough of pieces about how badly the Trump Administration fucked up the COVID response, this one is damn comprehensive:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/how-white-house-coronavirus-response-went-wrong/613591/
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
in 25-50 years
« Reply #40548 on: June 29, 2020, 05:29:10 PM »

Imagine some decades from now, far removed from the daily scrum we see these days of Trump loyalists and everyone else.  What gets written in the history books  won't be Trumps daily twitter feed stoking and praising the white christian people (who will no longer be the majority).  What will get written,  will be the facts and some key quotes.   I can understand why trump has his supporters today. We are all near-sighted.  We all quote the news sources that confirm our biases.  But with the benefit of decades of hindsight I can't imagine history will be kind to this presidency's crisis response.  Things might look bad for Trump now, in terms of his re-election chances, but I think things will be far far worse for Trump's legacy.  He won't be alive to defend it or distract from it.  I hope to be alive in 25 years and be able to look back either pointing the finger at where America completely fractured, or the turning point where we buried our collective demons.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: in 25-50 years
« Reply #40549 on: June 29, 2020, 06:17:33 PM »

Imagine some decades from now, far removed from the daily scrum we see these days of Trump loyalists and everyone else.  What gets written in the history books  won't be Trumps daily twitter feed stoking and praising the white christian people (who will no longer be the majority).  What will get written,  will be the facts and some key quotes.   I can understand why trump has his supporters today. We are all near-sighted.  We all quote the news sources that confirm our biases.  But with the benefit of decades of hindsight I can't imagine history will be kind to this presidency's crisis response.  Things might look bad for Trump now, in terms of his re-election chances, but I think things will be far far worse for Trump's legacy.  He won't be alive to defend it or distract from it.  I hope to be alive in 25 years and be able to look back either pointing the finger at where America completely fractured, or the turning point where we buried our collective demons.

In commenting at this future time,  you could mention that, despite his "life and times" all being in the public domain for all to see, the American people elected him President under the exact same system they elected Obama President.
That his election policy was MAGA...Make America Great Again ...because in his view America had slipped on the competition ladder, having been taken over by the brigades of political correctness, tolerance, "illegal immigration is great", 'anchor babies', 'sanctuary cities', 'open borders by stealth', 'everyone in the world is a lovely person', 'massive immigration from anywhere and everywhere.'
Exactly why 'Trump's Wall' was commissioned.
Then he met with the leader of North Korea, stepped over the border when invited to, trying to promote 
world peace.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 09:57:52 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40550 on: June 29, 2020, 06:41:56 PM »

The he met with the leader of North Korea, stepped over the border when invited to, trying to promote 
world peace.

Trying to promote himself.

Doing nothing for world peace, but lying to the world about it and being believed by a small percentage of individuals, none of whom were leaders of other countries.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40551 on: June 29, 2020, 06:46:05 PM »

In commenting at this future time,  you could mention that, despite his "life and times" all being in the public domain for all to see, the American people elected him President under the exact same system they elected Obama President.
That his election policy was MAGA...Make America Great Again ...because in his view America had slipped on the competition ladder, having been taken over by the brigades of political correctness, tolerance, "illegal immigration is great", 'anchor babies', 'sanctuary cities', 'open borders by stealth', 'everyone in the world is a lovely person', 'massive immigration from anywhere and everywhere.'
Exactly why 'Trump's Wall' was commissioned.
Yes, white privileged snowflakes have ne er been comfortable allowing others at the table with them. Hence Trump's appeal.
The he met with the leader of North Korea, stepped over the border when invited to, trying to promote 
world peace.
Yes you may think that but, and this cannot be stressed often enough, you are an IDIOT.

Trump got played by NK. Flat out played.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40552 on: June 29, 2020, 06:49:18 PM »

Imagine some decades from now...

Kam, while I agree with your assessment of what history's view of Trump will be with 20-30 hindsight (we think it's perfect, but we're wrong), my fear is that in 50 years we will not have the wherewithal to do that kind of retrospective look as we could with today's tools.

We have a long haul before we are at a position of being confident in the world's economic and technological future and its capability.

And for all the balanced "we all post what we already believe," there are issues that are not based on a point of view, but for which disagreement is politically motivated, but agreement does not seem to be, quite so much. The utility of wearing masks has proven to be one of them (for all, as I have said, that I swallowed the public CDC line at the initial time). Climate change/crisis seems to be another of them.

And, again, I don't see a way past it and until both sides buy into it, we're in deep doodoo - and the longer we go without consensus that it is a problem that needs serious effort to fix, the harder fixing it is going to get.

p.s. Bambi, any response from you to this will get deleted.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40553 on: June 29, 2020, 06:50:15 PM »

Arizona closing down restaurants,bars, movie theatres, water parks for 30 days.

Damn good thing the Trump got in his super-spreader event for 3,000 in Phoenix last week.

the unmasked man man is a disgrace and a threat to Americans with every breath he takes.

Make America Gasp Again!

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #40554 on: June 29, 2020, 06:53:16 PM »

A lot of America's downfall can be traced to the Bush response to 9/11, where bin Laden suckered us into attacking two countries and undergoing decades of war and squandered treasure and loss of purpose and focus.  The US even went in for torture as standard policy and defended such.

The GOP war on unions hurt the middle class.  So did both parties outsourcing manufacturing jobs to China and elsewhere.  GOP resistance to science, reasonable gun regulation, health insurance has also made the US worse.  Racism, weaponized by the GOP, has prevented the US from developing an adequate social safety net.  The right-wing Drug War has been a half-century debacle of enormous destruction, even at a global level.

All of that is way way way way worse than political correctness (essentially, racism and sexism are no longer acceptable) and immigration (which mainly provides cheap farm labor and hotel workers, plus the brain drain of scooping up doctors ad IT professionals from around the world -- what was the stat?  30% of US doctors were foreign born?).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #40555 on: June 29, 2020, 06:54:19 PM »

Election fraud?

Sure!

The Montana Republican Party and two minor party qualification committees violated state campaign finance laws in a successful effort to qualify the Green Party of Montana for the primary ballot without the Green Party’s knowledge, the commissioner of political practices said Friday.

I can think of only one reason the GOP would try to get the Green Party on the ballot.   Wow.   

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40556 on: June 29, 2020, 06:59:18 PM »

A lot of America's downfall can be traced to the Bush response to 9/11, where bin Laden suckered us into attacking two countries

Can't blame our attack on Iraq on bin Laden, Bo.

barton

« Reply #40557 on: June 29, 2020, 07:00:12 PM »

In 50 years the ecological apocky and Malthusian crash will be in full swing and few will be studying history as they try to find food and potable water.   Trump will be a demonic boogeyman in tales told to young ones as they sit around campfires burning the last of the furniture left from The Age of Extreme Consumption. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40558 on: June 29, 2020, 07:01:04 PM »

Were you alive during the Reagan years? Because that was a fracture!

Trump is more like severe head trauma.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40559 on: June 29, 2020, 07:01:37 PM »

Election fraud?

Sure!

I can think of only one reason the GOP would try to get the Green Party on the ballot.   Wow.

Somebody needs to go to jail over that.

I doubt it will happen
Pages: 1 ... 2702 2703 [2704] 2705 2706 ... 4288