Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2703 2704 [2705] 2706 2707 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584531 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40560 on: June 29, 2020, 07:07:34 PM »

A lot of America's downfall can be traced to the Bush response to 9/11, where bin Laden suckered us into attacking two countries

Can't blame our attack on Iraq on bin Laden, Bo.

Pretty much a direct reaction.
Maybe bin Laden was hoping we'd attack Saudi Arabia though.
Or both.
He certainly wanted the US to invade Muslim countries.

And 2.5 wars if you count the War on Terror.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 07:19:36 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40561 on: June 29, 2020, 07:09:28 PM »

A lot of America's downfall can be traced to the Bush response to 9/11, where bin Laden suckered us into attacking two countries

Or both.

It was a direct reaction on our parts, but it was not something done because of bin Laden. It was done because of Bush Sr's choice and Jr's reaction, plus Rumsfeld, at all.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #40562 on: June 29, 2020, 07:10:04 PM »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40563 on: June 29, 2020, 07:16:52 PM »

Fuck Ben Sasse.

But even he knows how to respond to the Russia Bounty issue, and it isn't to call it a New York Times Hoax:

If true, what we're talking about here is putting the target crosshairs on the backs of American servicemen and women in uniform, And I have heard from a lot of Nebraskan military families this weekend, And they're livid.  They have a right to be livid.

This isn't a time for politics.  This is a time to focus on the two things Congress should be asking and looking at: #1- Who knew what, when, and did the Commander-in-Chief know?  and if not, how the hell not?  What is going on in that process.
And #2- What are we going to do to Impose proportional cost in response?  In a situation like this, that would mean Taliban and GRU body bags.

Trump loves to talk tough like this, doesn't he?  Isn't he the tough guy Trumpists salivate over?

So why can't he summon that ability here?  If this doesn't merit it, what does? 

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the target, right, a certain country and authoritarian leader that Trump has for some reason never been able to bring himself to criticize despite their past and ongoing attacks on our country.

Why is that?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40564 on: June 29, 2020, 07:20:48 PM »

Or both.

It was a direct reaction on our parts, but it was not something done because of bin Laden. It was done because of Bush Sr's choice and Jr's reaction, plus Rumsfeld, at all.

The Bush Jr. Administration used the Saddam Hussein + Al Qaeda connection as a large part of their justification for war.  What if the weapons of mass destruction got into the hands of terrorists?

Of course, that connection was entirely made up by Cheney and his crew, and there wasn't anything bin Laden did to promote it.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40565 on: June 29, 2020, 07:27:55 PM »

I had had to look up  “Akashic Chronicle”. I’m so glad I did. Great reference.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40566 on: June 29, 2020, 07:44:52 PM »

Arizona closing down restaurants,bars, movie theatres, water parks for 30 days.

Damn good thing the Trump got in his super-spreader event for 3,000 in Phoenix last week.

the unmasked man man is a disgrace and a threat to Americans with every breath he takes.

Make America Gasp Again!

Saw a young woman in America on my tv news the other day.
"We're all going to bars and restaurants...………"...looked like she had been sitting at a small outdoor restaurant table with 3 friends, basically all 'huddled' together.
Before that I saw young Americans at packed beaches/beachside partying like there's no tomorrow.
One young lady on the back of a boat partying in a group, bikini, butt in air, was having a grand old time, as were all her friends.

Seems to me that most young Americans, and most not-so-young-Americans who aren't 60+, aren't one bit interested in wearing masks or social distancing.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 07:51:05 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #40567 on: June 29, 2020, 07:45:33 PM »

Of course, that connection was entirely made up by Cheney and his crew, and there wasn't anything bin Laden did to promote it.

There's been reports that bin Laden was trying to get the US to invade Iraq.
Will research when I have time an my proxy server is up for it.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40568 on: June 29, 2020, 07:49:02 PM »

Or both.

The Bush Jr. Administration used the Saddam Hussein + Al Qaeda connection as a large part of their justification for war.  What if the weapons of mass destruction got into the hands of terrorists?

In his speech in the Australian parliament, W seemed to say that "regime change" was the idea for world peace.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40569 on: June 29, 2020, 07:58:46 PM »

W was wrong. There’s a chance the fool was duped instead of being deliberately dishonest. If you look at the administration it was definitely being deliberately dishonest. It’s hard to tell what’s going on in the minds of the fake presidents offered up by the Republican Party mainly because there’s never much mind there and what is left is highly damaged and addled by drugs.

Noonan is also wrong. There is no republican normal to return to. The whole party is a complete loss that must be junked and written off. There’s unfortunately not even one idea worth recycling that has survived in that sad sad party.

http://thebulwark.com/newsletter-issue/about-that-peggy-noonan-column/
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40570 on: June 29, 2020, 08:25:01 PM »

Damn good thing the Trump got in his super-spreader event for 3,000 in Phoenix last week.

the unmasked man man is a disgrace and a threat to Americans with every breath he takes.

Make America Gasp Again!

"We're all going to bars and restaurants...………"...looked like she had been sitting at a small outdoor restaurant table with 3 friends, basically all 'huddled' together.
Before that I saw young Americans at packed beaches/beachside partying like there's no tomorrow.
One young lady on the back of a boat partying in a group, bikini, butt in air, was having a grand old time, as were all her friends.

Seems to me that most young Americans, and most not-so-young-Americans who aren't 60+, aren't one bit interested in wearing masks or social distancing.

My observation and my recall is that young people think they are invulnerable and will live forever. My guess is that perception is not confined to the US. Although as it regards this diesease there may be regional differences in the US as to wearing masks and social distancing, largely based on whether local governments have been put their faith in science or put their faiith in faith, to control and slow the disease.

prayers are fine, but wear a mask.

God will still hear you.

Unfortunately we have a massive vacuum of leadership at the Federal level that has turned common sense about health and the spread of this disease into a partisan political issue.

The spread of this disease in the US largely falls on a massive failure by the Trump administation,  to be prepared in the least, listen to the medical experts, act quickly and in a coordinated manner with the 50 states in a Fderal response.

History will not look kindly on Trump and his gross incompetence.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 08:30:38 PM by bankshot1 »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40571 on: June 29, 2020, 08:36:51 PM »

Make America Gasp Again!

My observation and my recall is that young people think they are invulnerable and will live forever. My guess is that perception is not confined to the US. Although as it regards this diesease there may be regional differences in the US as to wearing masks and social distancing, largely based on whether local governments have been put their faith in science or put their faiith in faith, to control and slow the disease.

prayers are fine, but wear a mask.

God will still hear you.

Unfortunately we have a massive vacuum of leadership at the Federal level that has turned common sense about health and the spread of this disease into a partisan political issue.

The spread of this disease in the US largely falls on a massive failure by the Trump administation to act quickly and in a coordinated manner.

History will not look kindly on Trump and his gross incompetence.

Not only in America, same thing is happening in Victoria state downunder.
People from that state are being treated like lepers, they are saying. People desert their presence at express pace if the find out where they're from.
The land and air borders between Vic and NSW should be closed immediately.
NSW has no community transmissions [had 7 new cases yesterday, all travellers returning from overseas, and in hotel quarantine.]
Melbourne Vic is alive with the virus...75 new cases yesterday, 'all' community transmissions.
Go woke, go broke.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: in 25-50 years
« Reply #40572 on: June 29, 2020, 08:46:53 PM »

Imagine some decades from now, far removed from the daily scrum we see these days of Trump loyalists and everyone else.  What gets written in the history books  won't be Trumps daily twitter feed stoking and praising the white christian people (who will no longer be the majority).  What will get written,  will be the facts and some key quotes.   I can understand why trump has his supporters today. We are all near-sighted.  We all quote the news sources that confirm our biases.  But with the benefit of decades of hindsight I can't imagine history will be kind to this presidency's crisis response.  Things might look bad for Trump now, in terms of his re-election chances, but I think things will be far far worse for Trump's legacy.  He won't be alive to defend it or distract from it.  I hope to be alive in 25 years and be able to look back either pointing the finger at where America completely fractured, or the turning point where we buried our collective demons.

Were you alive during the Reagan years? Because that was a fracture!

Trump is more like severe head trauma.

I was barely three years old when Reagan was elected (the first time)
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #40573 on: June 29, 2020, 08:49:42 PM »

In a classroom, in rural bambuland, all hell broke loose..."George Floyd", black, white.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/singleton-high-school-teacher-removed-from-classrooms-after-racist-rant/ar-BB167FyB?li=AAgfLCP&OCID=AVRES000

A teacher at a country NSW high school has been taken off classroom duties after making allegedly racist comments during a lesson that prompted some Indigenous students to walk out.
Last week, four Indigenous students were in a Year 9 cooking class when a teacher allegedly made several offensive comments after a diversity presentation.

#####

Pity the school hadn't stuck to teaching the 3 R's.
Maybe 'diversity' is in the curriculum [wouldn't surprise].

Alaura Fabian — who belongs to the Plains Clans of the Wonnarua People — said the presentation sparked discussion around the Black Lives Matter movement and the death of George Floyd.
The 14-year-old said this resulted in the teacher "going off" about Indigenous Australians, and making disparaging remarks about they lived in state housing and were taking government money.

The comments caused four Indigenous students to walk out of the classroom.
Alaura said when she confronted the teacher, she was told she was "too white" to be recognised as Indigenous.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 08:59:56 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #40574 on: June 29, 2020, 08:53:10 PM »

A lot of America's downfall

Downfall?
Pages: 1 ... 2703 2704 [2705] 2706 2707 ... 4288