Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2722 2723 [2724] 2725 2726 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605591 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #40845 on: July 01, 2020, 10:12:01 AM »

Joe Biden has yet to be COVID tested.

Interesting.

Yes, that is interesting considering Trump is tested every day.

First question would be does Biden have equal access to testing.  And if not, why doesn't he?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40848 on: July 01, 2020, 10:20:05 AM »

Police swarm into CHOP to clear it out

At least ten arrested - ongoing...

- check - this was an hour ago - watching on delay

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40849 on: July 01, 2020, 10:21:23 AM »

There is no law.

There is loosely enforced state by state guidelines

I have been in several states since the COVID hit - and follow directives from each

If anything I overmask myself (wear when it is not required)

One sign read - "We cant make you wear a mask but we appreciate if you do".

You are painting every Republican as someone that will then NOT wear a mask into that establishment - and that's horse-hocky.

Now that you got the ok from the Republican High-command to wear a mask, you proclaim you wear a mask.

I asked you a few days ago and you dodged the question.

I paint Repub pols with a broad brush on this issue as they've blindly followed the anti-science and head in the sand policies of Trump

As those polices have been increasingly discredited for what they are, and are killing people, Repubs pols finally changed their tune.

My guess is that their polling folks and their money guys are telling them to wise up and mask up.

I suspect some smarter Repubs were wearing mask, for selfpreservation, but I don't know as I don't ask people their political affiliations.

But I know the political affilaition of elected officials and what their stances are and their anti-mask/anti-freedom agendas.

And Kid, I know that until today you were unwilling to admit you wore a mask.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 10:22:59 AM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40850 on: July 01, 2020, 10:21:56 AM »

"People feel this is something they have established as their home.

"Some of the protestors wanted to KEEP the precinct as long as they could"

-  MSNBC report

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40851 on: July 01, 2020, 10:23:20 AM »

BANK

I hope you have other sites where you can scratch your debate itch.  I am not going to keep repeating myself/defending my actions to you.

Cheers.

Go, Tendi!  (heh)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40852 on: July 01, 2020, 10:27:31 AM »

Interesting.

First question would be does Biden have equal access to testing.  And if not, why doesn't he?

Biden weirdly says he "doesnt want to jump the line"

He also says he "will likely get tested soon"

Still doesnt answer why he hasnt.

"Everyone that comes near me gets tested"

What?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40853 on: July 01, 2020, 10:31:25 AM »

Its only been over the past couple of days since the McConnell etal have adopted mask-friendlier posture, and only because the virus is rampaging, as predicted in the south and west. And now the R-pols are getting blowback from scared constiuents.

Making up more shit - to DIVIDE.

HEH

Kid-unlike you I understand that covid does not discriminate. It does not care white or black, D or R, it looks for the weakness in the defense and attacks the weakness.
if you don't think that people in the south and west who are watching loved ones get sick and hospitals fill up, aren't scared and aren;t picking up phones to tell their elected representatives to wise the fuck-up, wear a mask, you're a bigger fool than I imagine. Which is about impossible.

You think McConnell etal had this epihany from the goodness of his heart? He has no heart.

He saw the poll #s and his advisors told him,

mask up Tudor, quick. the #s are moving against us.

On this issue i want unity--put a fucking mask on and help save lives and slow this disease.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40854 on: July 01, 2020, 10:34:59 AM »

Trumpism, not polarization, drives America’s disastrous coronavirus politics

Behind those lines lie the obvious mistakes and elite signals: States are reopening despite meeting few of the guidelines to end lockdowns. The president is holding indoor rallies, his campaign aides removing stickers encouraging social distancing at the venue. Masks have become part of America’s culture war. America is headed for a disaster driven not so much by the disease as by the politics that surround it.

“America is the global exception right now,” says Gregorio Millett, director of public policy at amFAR. “Just look at the EU or New Zealand or countries across Asia. These places have vastly different cultures, different geographies, different institutions, different everything — but the one thing they have in common is that everyone is following public health measures. And they’ve all kept this virus at bay. Our leaders decided to politicize a scientific issue and as a result, our curve looks different than the rest of the world’s.”

https://www.vox.com/2020/7/1/21308809/covid-19-coronavirus-2020-trump-election-polls-polarization
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #40855 on: July 01, 2020, 10:38:27 AM »

Behind those lines lie the obvious mistakes and elite signals: States are reopening despite meeting few of the guidelines to end lockdowns. The president is holding indoor rallies, his campaign aides removing stickers encouraging social distancing at the venue. Masks have become part of America’s culture war. America is headed for a disaster driven not so much by the disease as by the politics that surround it.

Some have followed guidelines perfectly - and still are having problems

Maybe the guidelines themselves need further perusal.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40856 on: July 01, 2020, 10:39:34 AM »

BANK

I hope you have other sites where you can scratch your debate itch.  I am not going to keep repeating myself/defending my actions to you.

Cheers.

Go, Tendi!  (heh)

Kid-This forum is a site for debate. And sometimes I press you for facts to stress test your idiocy.

a few days ago you would not admit to wearing a mask as presumably you thought it was a partisan flag, or pro-D sign of weakness.

i was just curious about your political beliefs versus your instints for self-preservation.

And I saw your ambivalence.

Now multiply your mask ambivalence by the millions of R-leaning innocent folks and think,

maybe if they start wearing a mask we can slow this thing down.

I hate McConnell, but his better late than never message, in the absence of Trump sending a clear message, will save lives.

But he's still upset that he might save a few D lives in the trade-off.   

« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 10:41:15 AM by bankshot1 »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #40858 on: July 01, 2020, 10:42:18 AM »

Some have followed guidelines perfectly - and still are having problems

Maybe the guidelines themselves need further perusal.

The Trump Administration's own task force came up with a staged reopening plan where each stage of reopening had gateways that opened only when certain measures on cases, testing and hospitalizations were met. 

As the statement you quoted said, states reopened despite not meeting those guidelines, and many did so under pressure from Trump.  That isn't arguable.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #40859 on: July 01, 2020, 10:44:45 AM »

Interesting.

Biden weirdly says he "doesnt want to jump the line"

He also says he "will likely get tested soon"

Still doesnt answer why he hasnt.

"Everyone that comes near me gets tested"

What?

He's had no symptoms.

That's the answer.
Pages: 1 ... 2722 2723 [2724] 2725 2726 ... 4288