Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2784 2785 [2786] 2787 2788 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1604288 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #41775 on: July 07, 2020, 08:42:16 PM »

Asho-lays on parade

Incisive and thoughtful analysis of their policy positions.   I look forward to future installments like "Bitches of the Cabinet" and "Congressional ho's caucus."   

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #41776 on: July 07, 2020, 09:10:22 PM »

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #41777 on: July 07, 2020, 09:11:13 PM »

Tiktok is a horrible spy app.   I'm a web admin and I've warned my kids off of it.   Thanks for posting that,  Kam.

Good job getting them to stay away.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #41778 on: July 07, 2020, 09:29:53 PM »

The US is adding one wuhan (50k total) per day in Covid cases.   
Anyone talking about anarchists or cancel culture is an unpaid crisis actor.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #41779 on: July 07, 2020, 09:42:46 PM »

LOL!
The ultimate of non-sequiturs.
As for the idiocy of cancel- culture

https://www.foxnews.com/media/liberal-writers-activists-open-letter-call-to-end-cancel-culture
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 01:16:29 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #41780 on: July 07, 2020, 09:48:53 PM »

Worth reading in entirety (it's not long) to grasp the consequences of this proposed departure from WHO....

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/07/07/888186158/trump-sets-date-to-end-who-membership-over-its-handling-of-virus

Should at least be run past Congress.   Don't think the founders of this country were really going for an imperial level of executive power.
You’d think a scholar with a self inflated curriculum vitae of Barton would have , at least, read our Constitution.
But.
You’d be wrong.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #41781 on: July 07, 2020, 09:58:02 PM »

LOL!
The ultimate of non-seguiturs.
As for the idiocy of cancel- culture

https://www.foxnews.com/media/liberal-writers-activists-open-letter-call-to-end-cancel-culture

Trump supported cancelling things until it became expedient not to.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #41782 on: July 07, 2020, 09:59:55 PM »

Worth reading in entirety (it's not long) to grasp the consequences of this proposed departure from WHO....

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/07/07/888186158/trump-sets-date-to-end-who-membership-over-its-handling-of-virus

Should at least be run past Congress.   Don't think the founders of this country were really going for an imperial level of executive power.
You’d think a scholar with a self inflated curriculum vitae of Barton would have , at least, read our Constitution.
But.
You’d be wrong.

I wouldn't even consider the question. I value his words for themselves. Credentials are not indicative of knowledge, understanding, or wisdom, as you demonstrate on a near daily basis.

And, as usual, you make a vague assertion without providing support for whatever position you are pretending to take.

You are a racist liar with no credibility.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41783 on: July 07, 2020, 10:21:38 PM »

The elephant, Buffalo and impala aren’t armed and disputing corners.

The elephant and buffalo are armed. They also work in collaboration.

You seem more like the Impala.

The lions and leopards dispute territory. The cheetah has to work fast, and eat fast. Because the hyenas will come to steal his food.
The hippo is more of a soloist, and kills whoever gets in his way.

The baboons sit in the trees and taunt.

You can find all of these represented in ANY neighborhood.

But all the best neighborhoods have elephants. Matriarchal societies who take care of their own.

I believe my first sentence referenced the increase of gun violence across the nation. You took my metaphor to Botswana and back.

So I guess that makes you the baboon.

No. You just can't read well.

You wrote the analogy. Now that you can't clarify it without taking offense or without twisting others' words indicates something about your nature, not mine.

Be well. And look both ways before crossing the street.

I stand by the original post.

I said what I said.

Yes. Stand by it. You said what you said. Which was nothing worth being said.

Go have a drink, grandpa. You’re not quite drunk enough to be entertaining.

Agist.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #41784 on: July 07, 2020, 10:22:38 PM »

But.
You’d be wrong.

I wouldn't even consider the question. I value his words for themselves. Credentials are not indicative of knowledge, understanding, or wisdom, as you demonstrate on a near daily basis.

And, as usual, you make a vague assertion without providing support for whatever position you are pretending to take.

Ahhh.
You have multiple racist cards up your sleeves.
How convenient.
But playing them for no known reason kinda turns you into a old dude crying wolf, don’t you think?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #41785 on: July 07, 2020, 10:57:46 PM »

But.
You’d be wrong.

Ahhh.
How convenient.
But playing them for no known reason kinda turns you into a old dude crying wolf, don’t you think?

Given that you raised racism first in this discussion it would be almost amusing for you to talk about somebody else playing the racist card, except that it is the same old lie, deny, and obfuscate you always use.

And there are not enough racist cards to cover you.

But you are mistaken about "no known reason." Your denial is moot - it is a simple, straightforward description of you.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #41786 on: July 07, 2020, 11:13:29 PM »

But.
You’d be wrong.

Ahhh.
How convenient.

Given that you raised racism first in this discussion it would be almost amusing for you to talk about somebody else playing the racist card, except that it is the same old lie, deny, and obfuscate you always use.

And there are not enough racist cards to cover you.

But you are mistaken about "no known reason." Your denial is moot - it is a simple, straightforward description of you.
With not a whiff of substance.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #41787 on: July 07, 2020, 11:38:22 PM »

But.
You’d be wrong.

Ahhh.
How convenient.

Oh hell, Red.

Stop with that silly shit. You know you’re racist. You say so every other day.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #41788 on: July 07, 2020, 11:54:46 PM »

But.
You’d be wrong.

Ahhh.
How convenient.

Oh hell, Red.

Stop with that silly shit. You know you’re racist. You say so every other day.
LoL!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #41789 on: July 07, 2020, 11:55:16 PM »

The elephant, Buffalo and impala aren’t armed and disputing corners.

The elephant and buffalo are armed. They also work in collaboration.

You seem more like the Impala.

The lions and leopards dispute territory. The cheetah has to work fast, and eat fast. Because the hyenas will come to steal his food.
The hippo is more of a soloist, and kills whoever gets in his way.

The baboons sit in the trees and taunt.

You can find all of these represented in ANY neighborhood.

But all the best neighborhoods have elephants. Matriarchal societies who take care of their own.

I believe my first sentence referenced the increase of gun violence across the nation. You took my metaphor to Botswana and back.

So I guess that makes you the baboon.

No. You just can't read well.

You wrote the analogy. Now that you can't clarify it without taking offense or without twisting others' words indicates something about your nature, not mine.

Be well. And look both ways before crossing the street.

I stand by the original post.

I said what I said.

Yes. Stand by it. You said what you said. Which was nothing worth being said.

Go have a drink, grandpa. You’re not quite drunk enough to be entertaining.

Agist.

Oh come on I have three grandchildren. LOL
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2784 2785 [2786] 2787 2788 ... 4288