Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2846 2847 [2848] 2849 2850 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1604040 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #42705 on: July 14, 2020, 12:56:28 PM »

The Black Lives Matter mural on 5th Ave is a big FUCK YOU! to Donald Yrump and it is well deserved.

https://www.revolt.tv/2020/7/10/21319889/exonerated-central-park-five-trump-tower-mural

This is why you'll lose.
Again.

You don't know how to persuade.

You only know how to complain.

Any effort required to persuade someone who does not understand that Black Lives Matter would be self-evidently wasted.

What’s with this guy?

You can't be too stupid to know when you're getting good advice.

As when you told me I should commit suicide?

Da fuck outta here with you’re bullshit.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42706 on: July 14, 2020, 01:00:24 PM »

The Black Lives Matter mural on 5th Ave is a big FUCK YOU! to Donald Yrump and it is well deserved.

https://www.revolt.tv/2020/7/10/21319889/exonerated-central-park-five-trump-tower-mural

This is why you'll lose.
Again.

Any effort required to persuade someone who does not understand that Black Lives Matter would be self-evidently wasted.

What’s with this guy?

As when you told me I should commit suicide?

Da fuck outta here with you’re bullshit.

Not me. You're still confused.

You've been steered wrong before by others, for their ends, not yours.

Don't fall for it again.

Beware the either-ors, Larry.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #42707 on: July 14, 2020, 01:02:08 PM »

Hong Kong’s leader, Carrie Lam, announced new coronavirus-related restrictions on Monday after 41 out of 52 newly reported infections were locally transmitted cases. Hong Kong has reported 250 new cases since July 6. Lam urged the private sector to put in place work-from-home arrangements for employees.

Disney officials announced that Hong Kong Disneyland Park is closing Wednesday until further notice following the city’s decision to ban public gatherings of more than four people to combat newly spreading infections.

This is how a responsible organized gov't acts.

Also, remember that mini-outbreak in Beijing in mid-June that kiid snickered at?  I think they contained it to ~500 people via some local lockdowns, thorough contact tracing, disinfecting the market and other measures.  I believe it's been totally neutralized.

Remember that bad and/or incompetent gov't kills.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 01:06:30 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #42708 on: July 14, 2020, 01:02:29 PM »

Tanks,  Banks.   Still here,  just doing the brevity thing.   Odds seem low that House will get documents,  or be able to air any dramatic financial shenanigans, before 2021.
TBL references always appreciated. I am obliquely reminded of an early Simpsons reference where Lisa is attending an essay contest in DC sponsored by a Readers Digstish magazine whose slogan is "Brevity is wit".

Yup.  Tomorrow I give up adverbs.  But slowly and carefully. 

Lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous. 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42709 on: July 14, 2020, 01:11:34 PM »

Like adjectives. When in doubt strike it out.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #42711 on: July 14, 2020, 01:13:56 PM »

You can make the case that Donald Trump is the greatest mass murderer in US history....

Pfft.  Rank amateur if you look at the world - Mao, Ghengis, Leopold II, Stalin, Hitler, Amin, Pol Pot, Suharto....I don't think he's even caught up with Oliver Cromwell. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42712 on: July 14, 2020, 01:37:46 PM »

If you golf more than you work, it’s hard to reach your potential professionally.

Been one of trump’s problems all his life, that, the rapes, and the mob ties.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42714 on: July 14, 2020, 01:47:24 PM »

This is why you'll lose.
Again.

What’s with this guy?

Nope!

We recognize good advice when we get it.

This is not it. The number of erroneous assumptions that you make in your efforts to "help" is substantial - and not worth enumerating, because of one of them.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42715 on: July 14, 2020, 01:51:34 PM »

That's what happens when you follow the Trump game plan on CV-19.  You become 2x or 3x worse than the hardest hit Euro-countries, with no end in sightYou can make the case that Donald Trump is the greatest mass murderer in US history.

We're still not as hard hit in deaths/million as a bunch of Euro-countries and we might not catch up.

And you could make that claim, but I think I would not grant it. He's still well behind GWB and his Dick, at a minimum.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42716 on: July 14, 2020, 01:53:10 PM »

Like adjectives. When in doubt strike it out.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42717 on: July 14, 2020, 02:01:49 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/07/14/cdc-directors-trump-politics/?fbclid=IwAR3Br4DsTk_WwdiK3ejONI2FgJkI8xYeM11B3_3nPsdkPS36-9hx2CHxeEY

We ran the CDC. No president ever politicized its science the way Trump has.
By Tom Frieden,  Jeffrey Koplan, David Satcher, and Richard Besser

As America begins the formidable task of getting our kids back to school and all of us back to work safely amid a pandemic that is only getting worse, public health experts face two opponents: covid-19, but also political leaders and others attempting to undermine the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. As the debate last week around reopening schools more safely showed, these repeated efforts to subvert sound public health guidelines introduce chaos and uncertainty while unnecessarily putting lives at risk.

As of this date, the CDC guidelines, which were designed to protect children, teachers, school staffers and their families — no matter the state and no matter the politics — have not been altered. It is not unusual for CDC guidelines to be changed or amended during a clearance process that moves through multiple agencies and the White House. But it is extraordinary for guidelines to be undermined after their release. Through last week, and into Monday, the administration continued to cast public doubt on the agency’s recommendations and role in informing and guiding the nation’s pandemic response. On Sunday, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos characterized the CDC guidelines as an impediment to reopening schools quickly rather than what they are: the path to doing so safely. The only valid reason to change released guidelines is new information and new science — not politics.
We’re seeing the terrible effect of undermining the CDC play out in our population. Willful disregard for public health guidelines is, unsurprisingly, leading to a sharp rise in infections and deaths. America now stands as a global outlier in the coronavirus pandemic. This tragic indictment of our efforts is even more egregious in light of the disproportionate impact we’ve witnessed on communities of color and lower-income essential workers. China, using the same mitigation tools available to us and with a far larger population, has had just a tiny fraction of the 3.1 million cases reported here. The United States now has more cases and deaths than any other country and the sixth-highest rate of any large country in the world — and we are gaining on the other five.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #42718 on: July 14, 2020, 02:12:35 PM »

Schools only have one purpose.
To be a place of learning

Kids need to be in school.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42719 on: July 14, 2020, 02:14:07 PM »

If they are, then it can have a second purpose, too!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 2846 2847 [2848] 2849 2850 ... 4288