Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595091 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4275 on: October 09, 2018, 08:28:06 PM »

Rumour has it that with one child in college and another about to be, the lovely Nikki wants to re-enter the private sector and make some money....after 14 years straight of public service.
Speaking of Racist Fuckwad Trolls....  More likely she wants to be available when Graham gets that cabinet post he has been down on all fours, ass high, looking coquetishly over his shoulder at Trjmp for the last year to try to get.
Graham had a splendid Joseph Welch moment in defense of Kavanaugh and he is likened by you to a Racist Fuckwad Troll or (by NBC) as gay? How predictable from the judgmental left.
Man I’d call his statements as grand slam home runs off mob rule pitching.

It’s either your syphilis or fucking terrible information diet that has you fucked up. Joseph Welch never sold out his country non did he work to support elevating McCarthy or anyone like him to the Supreme Court.

Please Keep Joseph Welch’s name out of your mouth when you are trying to rehabilitate amoral sellouts like Lindsey Graham.

Also Ultey would probably like to peg you. Are you game?

I think he's immoral, not amoral.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: October 09, 2018, 08:46:08 PM »

In the realm of “ I told you so” just remember I pointed out that Schumer’ s Gorsuch-resistance led to blowing up the SCOTUS filibuster when it could have been saved for later.

That was a colossal democrat blunder.

Yeah, they could have rubber-stamped Gorsuch and then had the filibuster eliminated for Kavanaugh.

That way, instead of having Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, like we do now, we could have Gorsuch and Kavanaugh!

Wow, Redd, such a brilliant idea.
The Global Troll meets the forest but the trees block his view.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: October 09, 2018, 09:14:27 PM »

Rumour has it that with one child in college and another about to be, the lovely Nikki wants to re-enter the private sector and make some money....after 14 years straight of public service.
Speaking of Racist Fuckwad Trolls....  More likely she wants to be available when Graham gets that cabinet post he has been down on all fours, ass high, looking coquetishly over his shoulder at Trjmp for the last year to try to get.

It was in an MSN article today.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: October 09, 2018, 10:29:13 PM »

More likely she wants to be available when Graham gets that cabinet post he has been down on all fours, ass high, looking coquetishly over his shoulder at Trjmp for the last year to try to get.
Why, Mr. Priest…..You aren’t trying to insinuate that dear Little Lindsey might be, gasp!, part of the ferocious closeted gay underground of the Republican Party are you? I should like to point out to you that just because a man is 63 years old has had no known associations with any woman….well….that doesn’t make him gay. He could be just bidding his time….looking for the perfect Southern belle to accompany him on his journey through life and the beautiful world of Republican politics. And I, for one, wish him well in his search. 63 isn’t dead yet, but it is getting to be kind of late in life to find Miss Right (no pun intended).
I,had forgotten those insinuations about Graham, though for some reason the idea that he looks like an old lesbian has stuck. Who what or if he actually prefers is none of my concern.

He does seem to have e the scruples of a Catholic bishop.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: October 09, 2018, 10:30:54 PM »

Lindsey is staying in the Senate

Keep up

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: October 09, 2018, 10:34:49 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: October 09, 2018, 10:53:16 PM »

Not under a republican administration. Just be as big a douchebag as possible and do whatever you can to wreck the US’s international standing and make life shittier for as many people around the globe as possible. The last step is to get out before auditors and investigators step in.

It’s not like she was there to do any good.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: October 09, 2018, 11:02:51 PM »

Yeah - looks like 2 year stints or less are not all that uncommon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Ambassador_to_the_United_Nations

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: October 09, 2018, 11:43:51 PM »

In the realm of “ I told you so” just remember I pointed out that Schumer’ s Gorsuch-resistance led to blowing up the SCOTUS filibuster when it could have been saved for later.

That was a colossal democrat blunder.
No, they would have just blown it up now.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: October 09, 2018, 11:52:31 PM »

Why did Nikki resign?

https://www.businessinsider.com/nikki-haley-resign-investigation-flights-free-private-jets-2018-10?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=topbar&utm_term=desktop&referrer=facebook

Could very well be

What is the usual length of service for the position she is leaving?  Seems to me it would be quite taxing.

She's below average, though the average for GOP Ambassadors to the UN is shorter than for the Dems over the last 40 or so years.

Whether  taxing or not, it is seldom more than a 4 year position. A couple of the early ones went 6 years.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: October 09, 2018, 11:55:23 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4288 on: October 10, 2018, 12:21:38 AM »

Well, yeah...

One day, hopefully some day soon the Dems will realize “moving toward the center” means GOP lite and just like Coke, folks want the real thing so they’ll vote GOP.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: October 10, 2018, 12:36:06 AM »

Blame the Jews. Makes oh so much sense.
Too true. When in doubt, always go with the classics.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 4288