Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2884 2885 [2886] 2887 2888 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2010432 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #43275 on: July 17, 2020, 02:08:19 AM »

This is what they’re doing in the daylight.

We are living in a police state, y’all!

https://twitter.com/mayawiley/status/1283845563251859457?s=20

Posted that above/ It's outrageous that those people in the wheelchairs were treated that way - it was a peaceful protest. (The person who posted that missed that two people and their chairs were knocked over.)

Generally speaking, Black disabled men are worse treated by the police than other Black men.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #43276 on: July 17, 2020, 02:23:07 AM »

Extreme polarization benefits Trump as there is a roughly 35% hardcore who will vote for him no matter how many he kills on 5th Avenue* and elsewhere.  So many on the Right will not consider crossing over and voting Dem, as would occur in less partisan times.  But I have to think that many in the middle will vote Biden.  How mnay modertes/independents are going to vote for more virus, more deaths, more chaos, more asshole Trump dominating the news for 4 more years.

Also I anticipate that a fair number on the Right will just stay home, too disgusted to vote Trump.  Which could be important for close Senate races.  I don't see this being talked about.  I see the counter-theory that some Trump supporters won't admit supporting him in public but will vote for him in private.  But I imagine a fair chunk of GOP backers realize what a disaster Trump has been and will just sit out the election.

* In hindsight, a president talking about how he could get away with murder should have been a warning to us all.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #43277 on: July 17, 2020, 02:32:27 AM »

Caughtcha, fuckwads -
https://www.foxnews.com/us/3-nyc-men-charged-with-murder-after-drive-by-shooting-that-killed-bronx-dad-in-front-of-daughter-police-say

Why post that?  A crime was committed and suspects arrested.  Yeah?
America is a rather violent place with a lot of crime, a besieged underclass and too many guns.  I assume that this killing ties into gangs which are linked to drugs and the drug war.

Also, since your link is Fox and the arrestees are black, there are many lovely comments such as:

Disgusting.....the savages don’t even deserve a trial.  The courts only work for civilized men.  Summary executions are what we need now.

While others are more explicitly racist.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #43278 on: July 17, 2020, 03:10:37 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/07/16/florida-gov-ron-desantis-coronavirus-media-fact-check-nr-vpx.cnn

DeSantis blames the media for the complacency of Floridians, claiming the media stopped asking him about the coronavirus.

Following in Trump's footsteps, "the buck stops over there, somewhere!"

His lies are illustrated.

And Florida voted for this asshole anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1YP_zZJFXs

Speaking about assclown guvs;
Georgia Gov. Kemp sues Atlanta to block mandatory mask rule, saying local leaders want to 'undermine economic growth'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-gov-kemp-sues-atlanta-to-block-mandatory-mask-rule-other-edicts
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #43279 on: July 17, 2020, 03:53:44 AM »

It's pretty stunning.  Not only do you do a terrible job of protecting your citizens, but you actively prevent local leaders from protecting people.
And somehow they fail to understand that masks can help limit the spread of the virus and therefore allow the economy (and schools) to open sooner.

Many of the governors leading states with the highest rising numbers had refused to mandate masks in public or prevented local officials doing so. While a number of them have reversed course — including Arkansas’ Republican governor — and at least 25 states now have mask rules, Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp banned cities and counties from requiring face coverings and then sued Atlanta to prevent the city from defying his order.

In South Carolina, where the coronavirus crisis was deepening, the mayor of Charleston asked for spiritual help.  “We do turn to God at a time like this,” Mayor John Tecklenburg said.

And this fool is using the Black Plague playbook.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #43280 on: July 17, 2020, 03:56:34 AM »

Virus prompts drastic measures as death tolls set records

Gee, looks like the death toll is climbing horrendously.
Funny how that happens a few weeks after infections spike.
Who would have predicted that ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43281 on: July 17, 2020, 03:59:09 AM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43282 on: July 17, 2020, 04:05:02 AM »

Kayleigh McEnany: ‘Science Should Not Stand in the Way’ of Reopening Schools

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43283 on: July 17, 2020, 04:08:50 AM »

Last month, a San Diego woman’s Facebook post attempting to shame a Starbucks barista for demanding she wear a face mask backfired spectacularly when internet users instead rallied around the barista—even launching a GoFundMe that netted him $105,000 in “tips.” Now, however, the woman, Amber Lynn Gilles, says she wants half the money and has even contacted lawyers about it. Gilles, a 34-year-old self-proclaimed anti-vaxxer, says she was the victim in the encounter with barista Lenin Gutierrez, who refused to serve her unless she wore a mask, per company policy. “It was discrimination and everybody is okay with it and enabling and rewarding that behavior,” she told a local news station. She claimed medical exemption from wearing a mask, per a note from an unnamed chiropractor and a 2015 pelvic exam for ovarian cysts. She said she had several preexisting conditions but that, ultimately, a mask “doesn’t even work.” Public health experts largely agree that face coverings do work. She declined to offer Gutierrez an apology and has started her own GoFundMe after finding that lawyers were too expensive to take on her cause.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #43285 on: July 17, 2020, 06:33:27 AM »

After the Recent Surge in Coronavirus Cases, Deaths Are Now Rising Too

The number of cases in late June surged higher than during the outbreak’s first peak. At this same time, daily Covid-19 fatalities decreased slightly, leading President Trump to proclaim that deaths were “way down.” But that divergence may have come to an end last week, when the average number of new deaths per day began steadily rising again.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/07/17/us/coronavirus-deaths.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Wrong. Every. Time.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #43286 on: July 17, 2020, 06:46:44 AM »

Kayleigh McEnany: ‘Science Should Not Stand in the Way’ of Reopening Schools

"We believe this President has great approval in this country. His historic Covid response speaks for itself."

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43287 on: July 17, 2020, 07:50:57 AM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43288 on: July 17, 2020, 08:08:12 AM »

Donald J. Trump making a deregulation pitch at the White House yesterday

We’re bringing back consumer choice in home appliances so that you can buy washers and dryers, showerheads and faucets. So showerheads — you take a shower, the water doesn’t come out. You want to wash your hands, the water doesn’t come out. So what do you do? You just stand there longer or you take a shower longer? Because my hair — I don’t know about you, but it has to be perfect. Perfect. (Laughter and applause.)

Dishwashers — you didn’t have any water, so you — the people that do the dishes — you press it, and it goes again, and you do it again and again. So you might as well give them the water because you’ll end up using less water. So we made it so dishwashers now have a lot more water. And in many places — in most places of the country, water is not a problem. They don’t know what to do with it. It’s called “rain.” They don’t have a problem.

And old-fashioned incandescent lightbulbs — I brought them back. I brought them back. (Applause.) They have two nice qualities: They’re cheaper and they’re better. They look better, and they make you look so much better. That’s important to all of us. (Laughter.) But they’re better and much cheaper. And they were mandated out, legislated out. And we brought them back, and they’re selling like hotcakes.

We stopped the egregious abuse of the Clean Water Act, which extreme activists have used to shut down construction projects all across our country. When I signed that legislation, I had many farmers and construction people standing behind me — people that haven’t cried since they were a baby. Some of them never even when they were a baby, and they were crying. Many people were cry- — we gave them back their life. They took away their land. They took away their rights. They took away their life.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-rolling-back-regulations-help-americans/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #43289 on: July 17, 2020, 08:25:26 AM »

And old-fashioned incandescent lightbulbs — I brought them back. I brought them back. (Applause.) They have two nice qualities: They’re cheaper and they’re better. They look better, and they make you look so much better. That’s important to all of us. (Laughter.) But they’re better and much cheaper. And they were mandated out, legislated out. And we brought them back, and they’re selling like hotcakes.

75,671 new COVID cases yesterday.
949 Americans died of COVID yesterday.
139,000 dead Americans in four months.
And we haven't even hit the expected second wave in the Fall.

The United States is facing a once-in-a-generation deadly challenge and our "president" is talking about lightbulbs and beans.

Trump is a national disaster of historic proportions. 

Pages: 1 ... 2884 2885 [2886] 2887 2888 ... 4288