Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2912 2913 [2914] 2915 2916 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009915 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #43695 on: July 20, 2020, 08:45:09 PM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43696 on: July 20, 2020, 08:46:43 PM »

Missouri Gov. Mike Parson has said he doesn't think the couple should face charges.
"A mob does not have the right to charge your property or come on your property," Parson said at a news conference last week. "They had every right to protect themselves.".

Good thing he's not a judge, though I imagine that's a hint that he'll pardon them after they're convicted or they plea deal out.

But they weren't protecting themselves. They were escalating the interaction.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43697 on: July 20, 2020, 08:58:02 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #43698 on: July 20, 2020, 09:06:16 PM »

"Our listeners are our best researchers"  - radio station.

What the listeners discovered yesterday... an advertisement online for "a train driver" for the bambustate  rail system.
"Women only".

"What"?     many listeners are saying.

Female Premier just told no1 radio host replacement (basically)  "gender balance"..

IMAGINE if the ad read "Men only".  lol....there'd be hell to pay.

Not if the gender balance were in the other direction, Bambi. Buy a fucking clue.

You're not allowed to even advertise for a 'female shop assistant"', "Chinese chef", "Man for labouring duties" if you own a business.
Govt is a joke.
Looks like that "Discrimination against White males will soon be encouraged in a bid to boost the status of women and cultural and religious minorities"  policy Victoria state passed laws in the parliament about in 2008 has been imported into NSW along with the 'Vic virus'.

No worries, men will just apply for jobs in lingerie stores etc. and sue the owners for discrimination if they don't get the jobs.
Etc.

Radio audience family has members of all ages, races, occupations, and life experience.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 09:11:57 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43699 on: July 20, 2020, 09:09:51 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-ag-moves-to-dismiss-charges-against-couple-who-pointed-guns-at-crowd

ECHO on the wrong side of it once again

No.

They were not threatened, no matter how much they say otherwise. That they called the police after they pulled their guns, when the other folks neither approached them nor pulled their guns demonstrates this.

It might be that a judge goes along with the state AG, but it is not a given.

In 2016, the Missouri Court of Appeals for the Eastern District held in State v. Whipple that deadly force under the castle doctrine can only be used when you reasonably believe such force is necessary to protect yourself or someone else from "the use or imminent use of unlawful force."

1. A person may, subject to the limitations of subsection 2, use physical force upon another person when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes it necessary to prevent what he or she reasonably believes to be the commission or attempted commission by such person of stealing, property damage or tampering in any degree.

2. A person may use deadly force under circumstances described in subsection 1 only when such use of deadly force is authorized under other sections of this chapter.

3. The justification afforded by this section extends to the use of physical restraint as protective force provided that the actor takes all reasonable measures to terminate the restraint as soon as it is reasonable to do so.

4. The defendant shall have the burden of injecting the issue of justification under this section.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43700 on: July 20, 2020, 09:10:25 PM »

Joe Biden goes all Jill Scott on the Kremlin...

“You better back down before you get smacked down! You better chill!”

https://medium.com/@JoeBiden/my-statement-on-foreign-interference-in-u-s-elections-8b42b4444eb6
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43701 on: July 20, 2020, 09:22:45 PM »

The next candidate up in the 2024 sweeps is John Kasich, playing the "See? I'm a reasonable man!" card by speaking at the DNC in support of Joe Biden!

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2020/07/ex-gov-john-kasich-slated-to-speak-at-the-democratic-national-convention-for-joe-biden.html

I don't think it's a good ploy, if ploy it is, as I doubt the GOP folks will forgive him, even if they agree.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43702 on: July 20, 2020, 09:24:28 PM »

The next candidate up in the 2024 sweeps is John Kasich, playing the "See? I'm a reasonable man!" card by speaking at the DNC in support of Joe Biden!

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2020/07/ex-gov-john-kasich-slated-to-speak-at-the-democratic-national-convention-for-joe-biden.html

I don't think it's a good ploy, if ploy it is, as I doubt the GOP folks will forgive him, even if they agree.

He’s the GOP Joe Lieberman.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43703 on: July 20, 2020, 09:26:49 PM »

5,400,000 citizens in 19 countries combined lost their health care coverage.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43704 on: July 20, 2020, 09:31:06 PM »

Der Feuerteufel

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43705 on: July 20, 2020, 09:40:28 PM »

5,400,000 citizens in 19 countries combined lost their health care coverage.

In all fairness, 191,427 of their citizens have lost their health care coverage, because it no longer covers them after they die.

Then again, they have 300,000,000 million more citizens than we do. 304 deaths per million vs. our 434.

[/quote]

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43706 on: July 20, 2020, 09:44:12 PM »

I don't agree with his policies, but he's a decent man who understands the Rs as currently consituted are indecent and disease-ridden. And he was one of a small handful of R-pols who had something to lose to speak out against Trump. Maybe he sees this as a chance to have a voice in a Biden administration. To the extent he can sway Rs who have never voted for a Dem for Pres, or who are looking for a reason to vote for Biden, I'm good with that.

He may see his time as an elected R-offiical in 2024 (he be 72) as passed, but I don't know.

Trump must be defeated if we are to save this country.

And with very few exceptions, I don't care who helps take him down.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 09:53:19 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43707 on: July 20, 2020, 09:52:05 PM »

I don't agree with his policies, but he's a decent man who understands the Rs as currently consituted are indecent and disease-ridden. And he was one of a small handful of R-pols who had something to lose to speak out against Trump. Maybe he sees this as a chance to have a voice in a Biden administration. To the extent he can sway Rs who have never voted for a Dem for Pres, or who are looking for a reason to vote for Biden, I'm good with that.

He may see his time as an elected R-offiical in 2024 (he be 72) as passed, but I don't.

Trump must be defeated if we are to save this country.

And with very few exceptions, I don't care who helps take him down.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43708 on: July 20, 2020, 09:52:18 PM »

Joe Biden goes all Jill Scott on the Kremlin...

“You better back down before you get smacked down! You better chill!”

https://medium.com/@JoeBiden/my-statement-on-foreign-interference-in-u-s-elections-8b42b4444eb6

I was waiting for this element of Biden's campaign--that Russia is not our friend, and Putin is plotting 24-7 to weaken us in any way he can. Lets see Donnie run against a get tough on those who want to subvert our country platform.

Most Americans don't trust Russia or Putin.

#coldwar is not dead

#Trump's a traitor2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43709 on: July 20, 2020, 09:53:03 PM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 2912 2913 [2914] 2915 2916 ... 4288