Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1611142 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4380 on: October 12, 2018, 06:11:37 PM »

Was not aware Wilt Chamberlain was a Trump supporter.
I never implied ANYONE on that list had a connection to Trump just that they spoke for themselves.
It seems that only folks who have politics that seemingly line-up with Red's are bestowed with the praise of "speaking for themselves."  Which leads me to the conclusion that those who don't agree with Red must be mere sheep. 

Hey Red.  Does Colin Kaepernick speak for himself?

He's reportedly gonna turn himself into a global brand and make squillions.
Hmmm, wonder what that 'knee' 'business' was really about"

It was about something easily lost on backwards crackers so I shan’t bother explaining it to you.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #4381 on: October 12, 2018, 06:35:13 PM »

Ztir.

Sniht Taehw. 

barton

« Reply #4382 on: October 12, 2018, 06:37:23 PM »

"It's not a citizen."

Just what does it take to get Trump to openly show dislike of a despot?

Apparently torturing, murdering and dismembering a Post journalist without a trial or any legal process whatsoever is insufficient.  Would it have helped if it had been a Fox news anchor, perhaps a pretty one?

This is exactly what so many feared Trump would want to go to war over.

Dismembering pretty Fox News anchors?   

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: October 12, 2018, 06:41:07 PM »

I never implied ANYONE on that list had a connection to Trump just that they spoke for themselves.
It seems that only folks who have politics that seemingly line-up with Red's are bestowed with the praise of "speaking for themselves."  Which leads me to the conclusion that those who don't agree with Red must be mere sheep. 

It was about something easily lost on backwards crackers so I shan’t bother explaining it to you.

That's what you think it was all about.
Seems to me that many could possibly now have doubts.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: October 12, 2018, 07:16:46 PM »

Only the racist assholes who attacked the protests in the first place and now want a new reason to ignore the motivation behind the kneeling.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: October 12, 2018, 07:19:15 PM »

I like ztir. We have a few crumbs like that around here.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: October 12, 2018, 08:02:37 PM »

No more than did before, Bambi.

Bigots remain bigots.

Everybody is allowed to make a buck except Colin Kaepernick, who is supposed to sit on his relative prosperity and allow others to make money off him.

We get it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: October 12, 2018, 09:15:29 PM »

Only the racist assholes who attacked the protests in the first place and now want a new reason to ignore the motivation behind the kneeling.

The protests disrespected the flag and the anthem...the 'attacks' had nothing to do with race.
This might come as a major shock to your no-idea self, but there are many White people...facilitatorn's "backwards crackers"...who are trying to improve the lot of People of Color.
But, given all the hatred being directed at "Pale Stale Males" [ie White Males] today, wouldn't surprise me if they stopped doing so, and started looking after themselves first/only instead.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: October 12, 2018, 09:19:31 PM »

Wow.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: October 12, 2018, 09:20:57 PM »

The protests disrespected the flag and the anthem...the 'attacks' had nothing to do with race.
This might come as a major shock to your no-idea self, but there are many White people...facilitatorn's "backwards crackers"...who are trying to improve the lot of People of Color.
But, given all the hatred being directed at "Pale Stale Males" [ie White Males] today, wouldn't surprise me if they stopped doing so, and started looking after themselves first/only instead.

You can believe it all you would like.

In this country, some former members of the GOP know better.

Some believe as you do.

No, white folks trying to improve things are not facilitorn's "backwards crackers," and your inability to tell the difference speaks more about you than about facilitorn.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: October 12, 2018, 09:25:28 PM »

Bigots remain bigots.

Everybody is allowed to make a buck except Colin Kaepernick, who is supposed to sit on his relative prosperity and allow others to make money off him.

We get it.

Had anyone outside of the sport ever heard of him before the protests?

Best he doesn't bring his knee protest brand downunder and start trying to stir up Black players to do what he did...because all he'd be doing would be costing them their careers, home ownership.....as well as ruining families.
Americans put up with his-ilk's antics, not many if any consequences for the players.
It would not be the same under the stars of the Southern Cross.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: October 12, 2018, 09:31:42 PM »

Some believe as you do.

No, white folks trying to improve things are not facilitorn's "backwards crackers," and your inability to tell the difference speaks more about you than about facilitorn.

'Cracker' is racist, seems to me..

Most of the Americans 'attacking' were not 'backwards' at all.
President Trump among them....he could see the disrespect very clearly.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: October 12, 2018, 09:32:28 PM »

Bigots remain bigots.

We get it.

Had anyone outside of the sport ever heard of him before the protests?

Your ignorance is showing.

Yes, he was very widely known.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: October 12, 2018, 09:35:26 PM »

Some believe as you do.

'Cracker' is racist, seems to me..

Most of the Americans 'attacking' were not 'backwards' at all.
President Trump among them....he could see the disrespect very clearly.

That was one of the backwards things, yes.

He saw disrespect towards flag and military where there was none.

You remind me of the folks in the 50's who thought the Pledge of Allegiance needed changing and the folks who think every kid should be required to stand and recite the Pledge (with added words like "under God" in it).

You don't know the man. You don't believe the cause is real. And you are right - "cracker" is racist. So are you.
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 4288