Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2932 2933 [2934] 2935 2936 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009444 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #43995 on: July 22, 2020, 05:25:22 PM »

Pelosi is a disgusting slob.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #43996 on: July 22, 2020, 05:31:57 PM »

---Florida's governor just can't seem to get it right on coronavirus---

Another speech on the need to open schools. The only reason is to hide the ineffective response to c-19?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/21/politics/ron-desantis-florida-coronavirus/index.html

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #43997 on: July 22, 2020, 05:34:01 PM »

Says Trump's number one fan.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43998 on: July 22, 2020, 05:37:24 PM »

But Republican senators said Wednesday they don't expect the policy of tying money to reopening schools will be in the GOP bill -- nor do many think it's a wise idea. They said each school will have its own challenges, own unique circumstances in dealing with the pandemic and will need help from Congress to ensure their classrooms and facilities can safely operate. Some school districts may choose to do a hybrid approach -- some remote learning, some in-person classes -- and others might have to be closed if the virus is still ravaging their communities.

So Republicans say there's little way to tailor federal funds to prod schools to reopen. The GOP is looking at proposing $105 billion to deal with the costs of schools reopening, as Senate Democrats call for $430 billion.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/22/politics/stimulus-negotiations-school-funding/index.html

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43999 on: July 22, 2020, 05:41:06 PM »

Another speech on the need to open schools. The only reason is to hide the ineffective response to c-19?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/21/politics/ron-desantis-florida-coronavirus/index.html

If tere's a face of the botched handling of coronavirus in the United States -- other than President Donald Trump, of course -- it's that of Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis.

The Sunshine State's seven-day average of cases is at more than 11,000, according to The New York Times. More than 5,000 people have died because of the virus in Florida

YES.  We MUST blame the leaders.

Fuck Cuomo
Fuck Murphy
Fuck Newsom

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44000 on: July 22, 2020, 05:49:06 PM »

If tere's a face of the botched handling of coronavirus in the United States -- other than President Donald Trump, of course -- it's that of Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis.

The Sunshine State's seven-day average of cases is at more than 11,000, according to The New York Times. More than 5,000 people have died because of the virus in Florida

YES.  We MUST blame the leaders.

Fuck Cuomo
Fuck Murphy
Fuck Newsom

I suppose you think this post made sense.

Maybe you've been watching too much of Fox News.

And their experts.

Like their Law & Order experts, found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq3RXuW-cbQ
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44001 on: July 22, 2020, 05:51:55 PM »

Wait. Florida?

That's a great place, according to these folks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGDNaB6fZCU
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44002 on: July 22, 2020, 05:53:13 PM »

If that were true, you’d be sucking her dick.

Please keep babbling though. I love watching crackers decompensate. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44003 on: July 22, 2020, 05:53:18 PM »

But Republican senators said Wednesday they don't expect the policy of tying money to reopening schools will be in the GOP bill -- nor do many think it's a wise idea. They said each school will have its own challenges, own unique circumstances in dealing with the pandemic and will need help from Congress to ensure their classrooms and facilities can safely operate. Some school districts may choose to do a hybrid approach -- some remote learning, some in-person classes -- and others might have to be closed if the virus is still ravaging their communities.

So Republicans say there's little way to tailor federal funds to prod schools to reopen. The GOP is looking at proposing $105 billion to deal with the costs of schools reopening, as Senate Democrats call for $430 billion.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/22/politics/stimulus-negotiations-school-funding/index.html

Whose idea was it to tie money to reopening and holding in-person classes?  Oh yeah Trumps.

And despite Democrats supposedly wanting to "hold our children hostage" to reopening plans, they are the ones who want to give districts more resources to make those re-openings happen.

Huh.  Interesting, that.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #44004 on: July 22, 2020, 05:53:25 PM »

Someone should ask Trump to explain why 5 months into the epidemic things are getting worse.

heh

That's your only response?

My Q seems to get to the heart of the matter.
Things getting worse now due to total incompetence, ineptitude and failure for the previous 5 months.

4 months out, China was reopening schools.  This week, 6 months in, China just reopened movie theaters (at under half capacity) and the Shanghai Film Festival is set to open this Friday.  When will those things be possible in the USofA?   Things very normal in China, except 40-50% of the people wear masks in public.  Not a trainwreck like the US.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 05:58:38 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #44005 on: July 22, 2020, 05:57:57 PM »

I think I found the dark ouroboros at the mysterious heart of Kid's belief system (fascinating article,  longish but worth it)....

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/06/qanon-nothing-can-stop-what-is-coming/610567/

Calm before the storm.

(Bo writing "my Q" reminded me of this)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44006 on: July 22, 2020, 05:58:42 PM »

That's your only response?

That's all it deserves

Would you like to rephrase?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44007 on: July 22, 2020, 05:59:42 PM »

I request a moratorium here on mentioning China.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #44008 on: July 22, 2020, 06:00:21 PM »

Yeah, B+
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #44009 on: July 22, 2020, 06:00:47 PM »

Trump in a major policy initiative calls for washing hands!
Pages: 1 ... 2932 2933 [2934] 2935 2936 ... 4288