Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2939 2940 [2941] 2942 2943 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009236 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44100 on: July 23, 2020, 12:21:25 PM »

Too many of the agitators don't actually know what they want.  They are just angry at everyone and everyTHING.

So, you don't watch Fox News, I guess. Because Carlson, Hannity and company are nothing but agitators who don't know what they want, displacing anger, and replacing thought with vitriolic discourse intended only to garner them ratings and cash. They are just angry for pay; highly paid dissidents.

You really have to give direct quotes from those guys/gals (I assume Laura and Shannon would be included) before I could comment.

Ms BREAM is the very best on television right now, in my opinion.

If you get a chance - if you can find it - there was a little bit of a war on THE FIVE yesterday between Jesse Watters and Juan Williams re:  Portland

Good TV.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #44101 on: July 23, 2020, 01:18:28 PM »

The second thing is the "so-called allies" quip.  He has said similar things before, but worth pointing out again how unprecedented and dangerous this is.  Our diplomacy corps have been tasked by our "president" to shred our global alliances and solicit unconstitutional foreign emoluments.  This is the United States of America now.

The GOP has been against the UN and foreign treaties and alliances for quite some time.  W Bush talked negatively about useless old allies and favored more pliable Eastern European allies, less used to freedom, rule of law and having an equal relation with the dominant power.  Trump just takes it a step further because he doesn't know or care about diplomatic norms.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #44102 on: July 23, 2020, 01:33:44 PM »

former Attorney General Eric Holder stated that we should “be concerned” about President Trump using paramilitary forces to suppress the vote

Though to be fair he was asked that direct question and basically said you can't trust Trump. 

It is looking like the only way for Trump to win is limiting voting.  So maybe mucking with the postal system, pretending there is a vote fraud emergency and calling on armed right wing militia to show up and intimidate, maybe get the grab-bag armed Feds out in force too.  Who knows, but things could get awful funny on election day.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44103 on: July 23, 2020, 01:45:16 PM »

Yeah, police actions have nothing to do with what is happening now.  Which is why Portland protests have expanded tenfold when Trump's goons arrived.

Simpleton

They come out at NIGHT

Most (yes, some excluded) wouldn't dare act as they are in front of the decent protesters

I fear their actions will cause the injury/ even death of 1 or more of those moms out there - who I applaud for their bravery, if not their wisdom.

Somewhere Heather Hyer nods in agreement.  She misses her family/life and understands she should not have been out there

Cripus Attucks says to Heather, “You know that kiid is full of shit, right? We’re fucking righteous and because of that we live forever!”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44104 on: July 23, 2020, 01:50:31 PM »

We get it kiidcarter8.  You are Trumpist who applauds the coming fascism and will pull on the brown shirt as soon as you are called.  No need for you to spend every day here proving it further.

You lose.

“Don't be schtupid be a schmarty!
Come and join the Nazi party!”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44105 on: July 23, 2020, 01:52:48 PM »

The Navy vet video was tough to watch.  Maybe in time we get the whole story.  Seems for now to have been a couple of bad apples on that force - which by the way is NOT Cuccinelli's guys - as  am sure you know (if not you can thank me never)

Just a couple of bad apples.  Yeah, we haven't seen anything else in Portland that replicates this incident.  Like, no one posted a video just this morning of those forces beating medics trying to tend to a protester...

And you have no fucking idea whose guys they were.  Like all the rest, they were unmarked.  Certainly dressed like all the other Fed forces that were there.  And the Vet himself thought they were Feds which is why he went up to talk to them.

Thank you for spreading misinformation you can't possibly verify?  OK.  Thanks for showing us yet again what an asshole you are kiidcarter8.  But I'll thank you more when you stop.

Do you think you can ever make a point with whom you disagree without resorting to demonizing them or going to the low form of personal insult? It's tiresome to read from anyone here, but you have it down as a habit.

Surely there are other tools in your kit in which you can show that you not only preach tolerance but can actually practice it?

Give it some thought. I'm sure you are not like this in real life.

I am.

I’m just as fucked up in real life as I am in here.

Take your faux civility and shove it up your nose.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44106 on: July 23, 2020, 01:54:00 PM »

former Attorney General Eric Holder stated that we should “be concerned” about President Trump using paramilitary forces to suppress the vote

Though to be fair he was asked that direct question and basically said you can't trust Trump. 

It is looking like the only way for Trump to win is limiting voting.  So maybe mucking with the postal system, pretending there is a vote fraud emergency and calling on armed right wing militia to show up and intimidate, maybe get the grab-bag armed Feds out in force too.  Who knows, but things could get awful funny on election day.

That’s why I’m hoping his next stroke is a doozy and one from which he cannot recover.

Meanwhile call on your locality to arrest the cooch goons if and when they show up. Throw them in the drunk tank with no PPE and keep them till their boss can come down in person to post bail.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44107 on: July 23, 2020, 01:55:52 PM »

Switching gears to death tolls in Florida

The NEW DEATHS number is not people that actually died yesterday

173 was the new high - reported Wednesday.

Prior to this the high was 158 in a day REPORTED in Fla.  But the number that actually died that day was EIGHTEEN.   (Source:  MSNBC)

Its when they are reported that gives the reaction.  I dont think we will ever get a proper count on actual numbers for each day in each locale.

Dead is dead.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #44108 on: July 23, 2020, 01:59:04 PM »

Dead is dead.

Here’s more of the kind of death Kiid likes to applaud. Stuff like this gets his panties wet and causes saliva to run down his stained chin.

http://www.salon.com/2020/07/23/was-breonna-taylor-killing-driven-by-gentrification-studies-suggest-its-possible/

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44109 on: July 23, 2020, 01:59:21 PM »

Yeah, police actions have nothing to do with what is happening now.  Which is why Portland protests have expanded tenfold when Trump's goons arrived.

Simpleton

They come out at NIGHT

Most (yes, some excluded) wouldn't dare act as they are in front of the decent protesters

I fear their actions will cause the injury/ even death of 1 or more of those moms out there - who I applaud for their bravery, if not their wisdom.

Somewhere Heather Hyer nods in agreement.  She misses her family/life and understands she should not have been out there

Cripus Attucks says to Heather, “You know that kiid is full of shit, right? We’re fucking righteous and because of that we live forever!”
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44110 on: July 23, 2020, 02:04:23 PM »

The Navy vet video was tough to watch.  Maybe in time we get the whole story.  Seems for now to have been a couple of bad apples on that force - which by the way is NOT Cuccinelli's guys - as  am sure you know (if not you can thank me never)

Just a couple of bad apples.  Yeah, we haven't seen anything else in Portland that replicates this incident.  Like, no one posted a video just this morning of those forces beating medics trying to tend to a protester...

And you have no fucking idea whose guys they were.  Like all the rest, they were unmarked.  Certainly dressed like all the other Fed forces that were there.  And the Vet himself thought they were Feds which is why he went up to talk to them.

Thank you for spreading misinformation you can't possibly verify?  OK.  Thanks for showing us yet again what an asshole you are kiidcarter8.  But I'll thank you more when you stop.

Do you think you can ever make a point with whom you disagree without resorting to demonizing them or going to the low form of personal insult? It's tiresome to read from anyone here, but you have it down as a habit.

Surely there are other tools in your kit in which you can show that you not only preach tolerance but can actually practice it?

I am.

You can feel what you feel, but you have no right to insult.

If you are living a life consumed by anger, I feel sorry for you and I hope you get the help you need.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44111 on: July 23, 2020, 02:04:57 PM »

"Malatov cocktail throwing protesters should be dealt with by law enforcement"

- Prominent Democrat voice on OUTNUMBERED

How?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44112 on: July 23, 2020, 02:10:00 PM »

I am.

If you are living a life consumed by anger, I feel sorry for you and I hope you get the help you need.

Anger?

Nah.

I’m free.

I no longer have any asses to kiss or any fucks to give.

You know who helped me with that realization? My therapist.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #44113 on: July 23, 2020, 02:11:55 PM »

He has every right to insult, you twat. You may dispute the call to insult, but the right to insult is pretty well established, especially when the insult is well earned, dingleberry. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44114 on: July 23, 2020, 02:16:39 PM »

I feel like calling kiidcarter8 a Nazi based on his own words.

I’ll insult you when I feel like it.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFvEMs7B-VA
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 02:19:10 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2939 2940 [2941] 2942 2943 ... 4288