Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2948 2949 [2950] 2951 2952 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009198 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44235 on: July 23, 2020, 05:27:50 PM »

Take your faux civility and shove it up your nose.

NOTE:  the AMA does not endorse shoving abstractions into the nasal cavity.

I,  however,  endorse this message.   

Looks like nine more pages of fun, following this post.   Might just skim,  today.   My prediction is that it can be condensed to:

Democracy may be doomed.

No, no,   it's fine because lalalalalala!   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44236 on: July 23, 2020, 05:27:54 PM »

ECHO

I called Needs Amity.  UNO just picked it up.  Needs has made it no secret that is where he is from

I wont post it again.  My bad.

For what its worth, I am not from Amity (Amityville?) and have never inferred in any way that I was.

I'm actually unaware that it was an insult, so didn't take offense.  Just filed it under "kiidcarter8 doesn't know what he is talking about" which as you can imagine is a very very thick folder.

Oh, was UNO calling me that meant to indicate that he knows where I live?

OK.  UNO is free to wander the streets of Amityville LI looking for me.  More time he spends away from the forum, the better we all are for it.

But its all the more proof he meant the statement as a threat.  And that's disturbing.  Meaning I'm disturbed for his own mental state that he gets brought to that point so quickly on a message forum.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44237 on: July 23, 2020, 05:28:31 PM »

Looks like nine more pages of fun, following this post.   Might just skim,  today.   My prediction is that it can be condensed to:

Democracy may be doomed.

No, no,   it's fine because lalalalalala!   

If only...
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44238 on: July 23, 2020, 05:29:55 PM »

(b) People can do great things for PoC and still be racists.

Well, the world needs more of these type racists.

heh

Compared to the alternative maybe, though it would be better off just free of the racists.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44239 on: July 23, 2020, 05:34:15 PM »

Seriously, you put up with this bullshit of "fuck off" and "fuck you" and "asswipe" and "asshole" and "I'll slap you and you'll like it" from everyone else, but I justifiably call out the little Princess of Prospect Park and suddenly it's OMG, there's a stranger in our midst!

If you cannot tell the difference between the two levels of bullshit, that's quite unfortunate.

I don't give a damn about the fuck offs and asswipes, anymore. I was reluctantly convinced a long time ago that that was the standard of discourse here.

I only lampooned your language because you were busy with your self-righteous platitudes about insults not being a right while simultaneously using them.

Then you explained, in full self-righteous wrath of god that because YOU have determined that something gave you just cause, NOW you would give people what they deserved, complete with your patented "could be fatal," which passes for a threat on almost any message board in the land.

So, cut the shit.

Go back to the run of the mill insults. Stop identifying where (you think) people live and stop threatening their lives.

Again.

Thanks for clarifying your confusion.

I don't, how you say, 'give a fuck" where anyone lives, and I have threatened no one's life.

I have promised to treat others as they have treated me.

That you see those as threats is telling.

And when it comes to self-righteousness, I may someday catch up to you.

Again, "may be fatal" is not a phrase that can be taken as an insult or advisory for health in the context in which you used it, as previously GRANTED by you.

It was a threat. You have said it was a stupid thing to have said.

Either accept that and acknowledge I have a point or go away. Pick one.

I acknowledged it was a poor choice of words. I understand how it could be perceived as such, but there was no intent to harm a person. That said, I apologize for the confusion.

I wished to warn that the continued course of action the princess employed would result in my choosing to engage VERBALLY in a manner that could prove fatal to her ego.

I'll try to be more clear, in the future.

Others, can do the same, when they toss out Nazi, brown shirt, etc...that they only wish to draw a parallel, to call out the behavior not the label the person as such.

This is what responsible individuals do.
Admit a mistake, and apologize.

Needs can do the same for labeling kid and others a Nazi, which everyone here knows is untrue.

Admit mistakes
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44240 on: July 23, 2020, 05:38:11 PM »

ECHO

I called Needs Amity.  UNO just picked it up.  Needs has made it no secret that is where he is from

For what its worth, I am not from Amity (Amityville?) and have never inferred in any way that I was.

I'm actually unaware that it was an insult, so didn't take offense.  Just filed it under "kiidcarter8 doesn't know what he is talking about" which as you can imagine is a very very thick folder.

OK.  UNO is free to wander the streets of Amityville LI looking for me.  More time he spends away from the forum, the better we all are for it.

But its all the more proof he meant the statement as a threat.  And that's disturbing.  Meaning I'm disturbed for his own mental state that he gets brought to that point so quickly on a message forum.

Nope. Amity referred to Lawrence the Whiner who has a nasal fixation.

Just a point of clarification.

You extreme leftists are soooooo sensitive.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44241 on: July 23, 2020, 05:39:57 PM »

Needs can do the same for labeling kid and others a Nazi, which everyone here knows is untrue.

I don't know that kiidcarter8 is a Nazi.  I don't know that he isn't (and I do wonder why he frequents White Supremacist websites).  It should go without saying that a label leveled on someone on a forum is not about who they are outside of the forum, but what they post within it.

But I can understand why that needs saying for someone who thinks they can threaten a posters life on said forum and expect to be taken seriously.  Clearly, there are boundaries here you don't understand. 

Like I said, that's disturbing.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44242 on: July 23, 2020, 05:40:36 PM »

ECHO

Do leprechauns disturb you, too? How about unicorns?

Because you just drew conclusions based on faulty and flimsy evidence.

Sloppy, Princess.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44243 on: July 23, 2020, 05:41:36 PM »

I resent being labeled an "extreme leftist," which everyone here knows is untrue.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44244 on: July 23, 2020, 05:42:45 PM »

I wished to warn that the continued course of action the princess employed would result in my choosing to engage VERBALLY in a manner that could prove fatal to her ego.

I'll try to be more clear, in the future.

Others, can do the same, when they toss out Nazi, brown shirt, etc...that they only wish to draw a parallel, to call out the behavior not the label the person as such.

This is what responsible individuals do.
Admit a mistake, and apologize.

Admit mistakes

Thank you for that.

I think your faith in your ability to damage people's egos through your verbiage is misplaced.

I think the metaphorical usage of Nazi, brown shirt, and other such is still not akin to the original line under discussion any more than the repeated allusions to Marxists and communists is. (Nor have I received any requests that people stop calling them Marxists.)

And yes, admitting mistakes would be lovely.

I think that is unlikely to happen from some of us ever, but it has happened with more than one of us today alone, so perhaps there is hope.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44245 on: July 23, 2020, 05:43:05 PM »

I don't know that kiidcarter8 is a Nazi.  I don't know that he isn't (and I do wonder why he frequents White Supremacist websites).  It should go without saying that a label leveled on someone on a forum is not about who they are outside of the forum, but what they post within it.

But I can understand why that needs saying for someone who thinks they can threaten a posters life on said forum and expect to be taken seriously.  Clearly, there are boundaries here you don't understand. 

Like I said, that's disturbing.

Back up and read, again, princess.

Because you missed the main message.

Or keep lying and distorting. It's what Maoists, who you seem like, do.

barton

« Reply #44246 on: July 23, 2020, 05:44:16 PM »

This might be related to America’s growing understanding that republicans are terrible for the economy.
(.....)

"Let's consider that 18,000 was a realistic base.  The economy was going well under Obama, America was at full employment and a respected World leader and the deficit was getting under control – all good things that help a market stay strong.  The Dollar was strong too, it was at 102 in 2017 and Americans enjoyed great buying power and my kids loved going to the Dollar store to get knick knacks. 

Trump took office in January of 2017 and he cut taxes drastically for Corporations and people in the Top 1% and the Dollar dove all the way to 0.88 a year later, a 14% collapse that we've only recovered half of 2.5 years later.  Losing 7% of the buying power on every penny you've saved your entire life is a devastating shock to the average American, who was not able to offset the loss of buying power through their stock market gains. 

Still the weak Dollar is also good for our Corporate Citizens (thanks Citizens United!) as well as for the Top 1%, whose stock prices were jacked up by the weak dollar which, of course, makes our exports cheaper too.  This is how we make America Great, by devaluing our currency, running up the deficit and putting profits over people time and time again.  Surely that's worth a 20% boost in the Dow, isn't it?”

Good stuff - where can I read the rest of this (couldn't find link)?   

Several good analyses lately I've seen on the problems with making the Dow your fundamental measure of an economy. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44247 on: July 23, 2020, 05:44:39 PM »

I resent being labeled an "extreme leftist," which everyone here knows is untrue.

We all know you are a moderate.

Everybody else here (except me) is off to the distant right somewhere.

I'm to your left.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44248 on: July 23, 2020, 05:45:44 PM »

This might be related to America’s growing understanding that republicans are terrible for the economy.
(.....)

"Let's consider that 18,000 was a realistic base.  The economy was going well under Obama, America was at full employment and a respected World leader and the deficit was getting under control – all good things that help a market stay strong.  The Dollar was strong too, it was at 102 in 2017 and Americans enjoyed great buying power and my kids loved going to the Dollar store to get knick knacks. 

Trump took office in January of 2017 and he cut taxes drastically for Corporations and people in the Top 1% and the Dollar dove all the way to 0.88 a year later, a 14% collapse that we've only recovered half of 2.5 years later.  Losing 7% of the buying power on every penny you've saved your entire life is a devastating shock to the average American, who was not able to offset the loss of buying power through their stock market gains. 

Still the weak Dollar is also good for our Corporate Citizens (thanks Citizens United!) as well as for the Top 1%, whose stock prices were jacked up by the weak dollar which, of course, makes our exports cheaper too.  This is how we make America Great, by devaluing our currency, running up the deficit and putting profits over people time and time again.  Surely that's worth a 20% boost in the Dow, isn't it?”

Good stuff - where can I read the rest of this (couldn't find link)?   

Several good analyses lately I've seen on the problems with making the Dow your fundamental measure of an economy.

https://www.thestreet.com/phildavis/stocks-options/4-million-infection-thursday-virus-rages-on-at-dow-27000

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44249 on: July 23, 2020, 05:47:43 PM »

ECHO

Do leprechauns disturb you, too? How about unicorns?

Because you just drew conclusions based on faulty and flimsy evidence.

Sloppy, Princess.

It was kiidcarter8's mistake, I didn't care to reread your garbage posts to see if it was true.  But I could just as easily draw the same conclusion from your saying (and continuing to say) I live on Prospect Park.

You claimed to know where I live, and threatened my life. I knew you were full of shit, but no one else here has that same knowledge. 

I don't think that sort of posting should happen here.  Or anywhere.  But see it more as pathetic and sad, and evidence of your disturbed state of mind.

And you have already taken more of my time here than you are worth.
Pages: 1 ... 2948 2949 [2950] 2951 2952 ... 4288