Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2949 2950 [2951] 2952 2953 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009250 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44250 on: July 23, 2020, 05:51:20 PM »

I'm an anarcho-syndicalist.  Yeah,  surprised me,  too.   

The basic principles of anarcho-syndicalism are solidarity, direct action (action undertaken without the intervention of third parties such as politicians, bureaucrats and arbitrators) and direct democracy, or workers' self-management. Anarcho-syndicalists believe their economic theories constitute a strategy for facilitating worker self-activity and creating an alternative co-operative economic system with democratic values and production that is centered on meeting human needs. Anarcho-syndicalists view the primary purpose of the state as being the defense of private property in the forms of capital goods and therefore of economic, social and political privilege. In maintaining this status quo, the state denies most of its citizens the ability to enjoy material independence and the social autonomy that springs from it.

Reflecting the anarchist philosophy from which it draws its primary inspiration, anarcho-syndicalism is centered on the idea that power corrupts and that any hierarchy that cannot be ethically justified must either be dismantled or replaced by decentralized egalitarian control.   

THANKS FOR THE PHIL DAVIS LINK,  JOSH.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44251 on: July 23, 2020, 05:54:22 PM »

Oh, was UNO calling me that meant to indicate that he knows where I live?

OK.  UNO is free to wander the streets of Amityville LI looking for me.  More time he spends away from the forum, the better we all are for it

That seems to be Josh's concern

Why you mock it I have no idea.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44252 on: July 23, 2020, 05:56:52 PM »

You seem to be trying to get - and leave her today with - some type of upper hand, Needs

Nobody views you any better/worse because of it.

You're a member of the forum.  Equal to all of us.

Dont try so hard to improve your forum face.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44253 on: July 23, 2020, 05:58:03 PM »

Why you mock it I have no idea.

Because I don't live there, kiidcarter8, have never lived there, and never said I did.

Man, you are a quick study, aren't you.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44254 on: July 23, 2020, 05:58:27 PM »

You extreme leftists are soooooo sensitive.

I resent being labeled an "extreme leftist," which everyone here knows is untrue.

Well, then I apologize.

As everyone here knows, that's twice, today. A forum record.

How far left do you think you are?

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44255 on: July 23, 2020, 05:59:02 PM »

You seem to be trying to get - and leave her today with - some type of upper hand, Needs

Nobody views you any better/worse because of it.

You're a member of the forum.  Equal to all of us.

Dont try so hard to improve your forum face.

I think I've probably done more damage to my "forum face" engaging you and UNO today when I should have left you two to troll in peace.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44256 on: July 23, 2020, 05:59:48 PM »

I resent being labeled an "extreme leftist," which everyone here knows is untrue.

We all know you are a moderate.

Everybody else here (except me) is off to the distant right somewhere.

I'm to your left.

I don't think you guys know where the middle really is.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44257 on: July 23, 2020, 06:02:30 PM »

I don't know that kiidcarter8 is a Nazi.  I don't know that he isn't (and I do wonder why he frequents White Supremacist websites). 

Damn - I was being so nice to you and now I see this...

heh

It's OK - you're just being a dick.  You cant help it.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44258 on: July 23, 2020, 06:04:35 PM »

ECHO

I called Needs Amity.  UNO just picked it up.  Needs has made it no secret that is where he is from

I wont post it again.  My bad.

For what its worth, I am not from Amity (Amityville?) and have never inferred in any way that I was.

I'm actually unaware that it was an insult, so didn't take offense.  Just filed it under "kiidcarter8 doesn't know what he is talking about" which as you can imagine is a very very thick folder.

Oh, was UNO calling me that meant to indicate that he knows where I live?

OK.  UNO is free to wander the streets of Amityville LI looking for me.  More time he spends away from the forum, the better we all are for it.

But its all the more proof he meant the statement as a threat.  And that's disturbing.  Meaning I'm disturbed for his own mental state that he gets brought to that point so quickly on a message forum.

Do leprechauns disturb you, too? How about unicorns?

Because you just drew conclusions based on faulty and flimsy evidence.

Sloppy, Princess.

It was kiidcarter8's mistake, I didn't care to reread your garbage posts to see if it was true.  But I could just as easily draw the same conclusion from your saying (and continuing to say) I live on Prospect Park.

You claimed to know where I live, and threatened my life. I knew you were full of shit, but no one else here has that same knowledge. 

I don't think that sort of posting should happen here.  Or anywhere.  But see it more as pathetic and sad, and evidence of your disturbed state of mind.

And you have already taken more of my time here than you are worth.

Show where I "claimed to know where you live" I just called you the PoPP, because you seem to parrot that shithead mayor's views so we'll.

And again, you can apologize to kid for labeling him something you know he isn't.

Or be THAT bloviated DeBlasio, the one who can't admit a mistake.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #44259 on: July 23, 2020, 06:04:46 PM »

Trump cancels J'ville convention.

No one was going to show up in J'ville anyway.

He's only 5months late understanding social distancing.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44260 on: July 23, 2020, 06:05:04 PM »

Lets see how long these IGs stay on the job:

The Justice Department's independent watchdog agency said Thursday that it will investigate the use of force by federal law enforcement officers in Portland, Oregon, and Washington, DC, where violent crackdowns on protesters have punctuated a summer that's been rocked by protests against police brutality.

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz said in a statement that his review of the law enforcement responses would include an examination of the instructions officers received and their compliance with policies regarding proper identification and the use of chemical agents.

The Department of Homeland Security's inspector general is also probing the response of officers from his agency in Portland, including allegations that they improperly detained and transported some protesters, he said in a letter to Congress.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/23/politics/justice-department-inspector-general-portland-washington/index.html

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44261 on: July 23, 2020, 06:05:21 PM »

Nope. Amity referred to Lawrence....

Yeah, my bad.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 06:18:26 PM by kiidcarter8 »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44262 on: July 23, 2020, 06:07:58 PM »

I don't know that kiidcarter8 is a Nazi.  I don't know that he isn't (and I do wonder why he frequents White Supremacist websites). 

Damn - I was being so nice to you and now I see this...

heh

It's OK - you're just being a dick.  You cant help it.

You've pointed to and quoted white supremacist websites here.  More than once.  And that label of those websites can't be disputed.

Now, if you have the ability to access the information and think their info worth sharing on occasion without actually frequenting them, I apologize.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #44263 on: July 23, 2020, 06:08:10 PM »

We all know you are a moderate.

Everybody else here (except me) is off to the distant right somewhere.

I'm to your left.

I don't think you guys know where the middle really is.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right,

That's my view of of Elba's political spectrum from my vantage point

heh
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 06:11:21 PM by bankshot1 »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44264 on: July 23, 2020, 06:11:02 PM »

And again, you can apologize to kid for labeling him something you know he isn't.

Again, I have no way of knowing he isn't.  Again, unlike some I don't mistake this forum for real life.

But the "brown shirt" comment was a reference to his welcoming of the creeping fascism brought on by Trump's nationalistic and authoritarian actions, think that was 100% clear in the context of the discussion, and think it's use was 100% appropriate.

If kiidcarter8 says he took offense, I'll apologize.  He hasn't said so.
Pages: 1 ... 2949 2950 [2951] 2952 2953 ... 4288