Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2950 2951 [2952] 2953 2954 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009313 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44265 on: July 23, 2020, 06:12:31 PM »

Looks like nine more pages of fun, following this post.   Might just skim,  today.   My prediction is that it can be condensed to:

Democracy may be doomed.

No, no,   it's fine because lalalalalala!   

If only...

Yeah,  so I now see.   Sigh.   FWIW,  I took "hubris can be fatal" as a metaphor.   Oops,  and now there's ten more posts to read.   

OK,  signing off.   Fuck Trump,  God save the queen,  and Solidarity forever!   

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44266 on: July 23, 2020, 06:13:34 PM »

THANKS FOR THE PHIL DAVIS LINK,  JOSH.

Glad to help.

Bolsters my authoritarian regime to seem magnanimous from time to time.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44267 on: July 23, 2020, 06:14:06 PM »

Oh, was UNO calling me that meant to indicate that he knows where I live?

OK.  UNO is free to wander the streets of Amityville LI looking for me.  More time he spends away from the forum, the better we all are for it

That seems to be Josh's concern

Why you mock it I have no idea.

See your email.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44268 on: July 23, 2020, 06:15:07 PM »

You extreme leftists are soooooo sensitive.

I resent being labeled an "extreme leftist," which everyone here knows is untrue.

We all know you are a moderate.

Everybody else here (except me) is off to the distant right somewhere.

I'm to your left.

I don't think you guys know where the middle really is.

I don't think you know humor when you see it, often.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44269 on: July 23, 2020, 06:15:54 PM »

Trump practically verbatim of what I said previously on this forum:

"Given these considerations we believe many school districts can now reopen safely, provided they implement mitigation measures and health protocols to protect families, to protect teachers and to protect students.

"All families should be empowere to make the decision that is right for their own circumstance.  This is especially important if a child has underlying health conditions or lives with a parent or grandparent who is at higher risk

"In cities or states that are current hotspots, districts may need to delay reopening for a few weeks - and that's possible - that will be up to governors.  The decisions should be made by the data and the facts on the ground in each community BUT EVERY DISTRICT SHOULD BE ACTIVELY MAKING PREPARATIONS TO REOPEN"

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44270 on: July 23, 2020, 06:17:02 PM »

Lets see how long these IGs stay on the job:

That was one thought.

The other was whether it was somebody who is a more recent appointment and in the bag already.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44271 on: July 23, 2020, 06:17:08 PM »

If kiidcarter8 says he took offense, I'll apologize.  He hasn't said so.

Just refraining will be the better apology, thanks

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44272 on: July 23, 2020, 06:18:50 PM »

I loved this ad.

No idea if it is real or not.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44273 on: July 23, 2020, 06:25:18 PM »

You've pointed to and quoted white supremacist websites here.  More than once.  And that label of those websites can't be disputed.

Now, if you have the ability to access the information and think their info worth sharing on occasion without actually frequenting them, I apologize.

TWITTER, maybe

That evil fiend!

Even then, I dont think so.....re:  white supremacy

You have allowed this to skew your thoughts all this time?  That's sad.

It's easy to make the leap from Trump is Hitler to kidcarter8 supports Trump so he's a Nazi.  If you are not careful

Be more careful.

I read CNN, FoxNews sites and some others if I am linked to them (mostly from this forum)

Occasionally NJ.com and the Post but mostly for sports.

Quit the Daily News altogether.

Peace, my not from Amityville, '68-'75 Knicks loving pal.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44274 on: July 23, 2020, 06:25:52 PM »

I’ll insult you when I feel like it.

Then you will earn the retribution you deserve, Lawrence of (ironically) Amity.

Is that a threat?

Was it addressed to you? No threat. He's explained what he meant. As did I.

Al Capone kept a summer house in Amityville.

Amity had giant, malevolent sharks.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44275 on: July 23, 2020, 06:26:28 PM »

Trump practically verbatim of what I said previously on this forum:

"Given these considerations we believe many school districts can now reopen safely, provided they implement mitigation measures and health protocols to protect families, to protect teachers and to protect students.

"All families should be empowere to make the decision that is right for their own circumstance.  This is especially important if a child has underlying health conditions or lives with a parent or grandparent who is at higher risk

"In cities or states that are current hotspots, districts may need to delay reopening for a few weeks - and that's possible - that will be up to governors.  The decisions should be made by the data and the facts on the ground in each community BUT EVERY DISTRICT SHOULD BE ACTIVELY MAKING PREPARATIONS TO REOPEN"

A few notes on this:

Republicans in Congress have only recently (yesterday or earlier today) rejected Trump’s proposal to withhold aid to school districts that don’t open for in-person schooling.  So naturally, this statement doesn’t bring that up.

Parent’s always have the option to withdraw their kids from school and homeschool them.  That isn’t the question.  The question is what the government is doing on a Federal level because of the pandemic to allow kids in those circumstances to still get the education they have a right to.  This statement doesn’t address that.

Giving districts in hotspots “a few weeks” to reopen is a joke.  And districts that are not currently hotspots should be able to make decisions that might anticipate a second wave, like the New York City school districts are.  This was the mistake Trump made in pushing States to reopen too soon, just because they didn’t happen to be a hot spot at the time (though we know now some of them were fudging those numbers.)  And saying “its up to the governors” is just as meaningless now as when he said it then when we know he has other levers of pressure to bring down if their decision doesn’t suit him politically.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #44276 on: July 23, 2020, 06:28:19 PM »

Maybe not enough people are joining the Navy.
Cruise ship.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44277 on: July 23, 2020, 06:32:21 PM »

TWITTER, maybe

That evil fiend!

You posted a quotation from a forum hosted by a White Supremacist site, and written by a noted white supremacist, when asked to provide facts re: Obama grades and his benefiting from affirmative action.  I pointed this out at the time to the forum, won't go back and dig it up again.

Also won't dig up a link you posted to a Stormfront affiliated website.

There were other times too, when links you sent at least raised eyebrows, and not just from me.

That you may not have known what the affiliations of these sources were, I can accept that.  That you frequently find yourself agreeing with the arguments and disinformation shared by these sources? You don't get a pass for that.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44278 on: July 23, 2020, 06:34:00 PM »

And I don't really care what you appreciate, Princess. You created the problem. Now you have to deal with it.

And it will not be a pleasant circumstance for you, but you were approached respectfully and in earnest and you chose to slap away the hand that could have helped you, and you did so several times.

So, ye shall reap what ye shall sow.

And in your case, that's a lot of reaping.

LOL.  Shaking in my boots, UNO.

Though I do find your repeated misogyny quite unpleasant to read.  But then, given the value of your posts, they are easy enough to ignore.

Oh, dearie, don't get your knickers in a twist.

And don't underestimate one, merely because you think you know who you are up against. That kind of hubris can be fatal.

Oh for fucks sake.

Do you want a referral for a therapist?

I’m offering the same advice you always give.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44279 on: July 23, 2020, 06:34:25 PM »

TWITTER, maybe

That evil fiend!

You posted a quotation from a forum hosted by a White Supremacist site, and written by a noted white supremacist, when asked to provide facts re: Obama grades and his benefiting from affirmative action.  I pointed this out at the time to the forum, won't go back and dig it up again.

Also won't dig up a link you posted to a Stormfront affiliated website.

There were other times too, when links you sent at least raised eyebrows, and not just from me.

That you may not have known what the affiliations of these sources were, I can accept that.  That you frequently find yourself agreeing with the arguments and disinformation shared by these sources? You don't get a pass for that.

And no, these were not the only episodes that "skewed my thoughts" on you.  I posted them, so won't repeat it.  And I could have posted more but thought, for a start, I would limit this to things you have posted on this particular corner of Elba.
Pages: 1 ... 2950 2951 [2952] 2953 2954 ... 4288