Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2980 2981 [2982] 2983 2984 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008732 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44716 on: July 26, 2020, 05:14:14 AM »

I can't imagine there is another country stupid or foolish enough to allow folks armed in military gear to assemble in public.

Maybe it's time to re-write the 2nd A to state that Americans have the right to a handgun for self-defense or a rifle for hunting, but that military weaponry such as assault rifles, automatic and semi-automatic weapons are not permitted.  And States are permitted to regulate the licensing and public display of legal weapons.

The Right would get the SCOTUS ruling in the Constitution so gun ownership would be a settled right, but heavy weaponry would be banned and states could regulate/limit public carry as they see fit.

No need to rewrite the 2nd amendment. Just get judges on the bench who interpret it correctly.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #44717 on: July 26, 2020, 07:56:36 AM »

---President Trump signaled expectations that a provision to rename military bases named after Confederate leaders will not make the final version of the National Defense Authorization Act, despite the House and Senate overwhelmingly approving such defense legislation this week with veto-proof majorities.---

Everyone is for name changes except probably white supremacists and Donald.  Federals wanted to build forts in the south in the early 20th century. You give us cheap land and we will name it after a loser lost cause general.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44718 on: July 26, 2020, 08:57:05 AM »

Chicago Newspaper Coumnist Clarence Page

During the predictions segment of Friday’s broadcast of “The McLaughlin Group,” Chicago Tribune columnist Clarence Page predicted that the “dreadful” rates of homicides and violent crimes in the city of Chicago will end up declining thanks to “a productive relationship” between the city and the federal government.

Page said, “I predict that Chicago’s dreadful homicide and violent crime rate will decline with a productive relationship between the U.S. and the feds — or I should say it’s between Chicago and the federal government.

ATF gonna stop the flow of guns is from Indiana?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44719 on: July 26, 2020, 08:58:40 AM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44720 on: July 26, 2020, 08:59:51 AM »

Chicago Newspaper Coumnist Clarence Page

During the predictions segment of Friday’s broadcast of “The McLaughlin Group,” Chicago Tribune columnist Clarence Page predicted that the “dreadful” rates of homicides and violent crimes in the city of Chicago will end up declining thanks to “a productive relationship” between the city and the federal government.

Page said, “I predict that Chicago’s dreadful homicide and violent crime rate will decline with a productive relationship between the U.S. and the feds — or I should say it’s between Chicago and the federal government.

ATF gonna stop the flow of guns is from Indiana?

Likely no more than they stop the flow of idiocy in the GOP.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44721 on: July 26, 2020, 09:00:43 AM »

Good rant, then and now.

For the life of me I do not understand what political benefit Trump and his high-kommand see by sending kids to dens of sure infection and death, and inevitably closing schools before the elections, as covid teaches yet another deadly lesson to the hoplessly deplorable.

That they imposed their stupidity on libs and dems, but condemned kids and their parents in red-states to sickness, pain and death?

Do the Republicans really want to harm innocent children in so many ways from interupting their schooling for another year, hurting their development, risking their health and their parents health for some perceived political fuck you to dems?

How fucking heartless and cruel and stupid are they? 

and that's a rhetorical question.

So kid and Red can ignore it.

heh

Back door ethnic cleansing in short term

Long term health disparities to a generation of those parents who can’t work from home and can’t pay for daycare because they are low tier workers.

Another stumbling block for ‘marginalized communities.’
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44722 on: July 26, 2020, 09:01:53 AM »

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44723 on: July 26, 2020, 09:16:31 AM »

Really? Then in order to avoid looking like one of the definitions of cretin, "stupid", why don't you look to  another, "vulgar."
And?
How does Eric Bolling qualify to be called a cretin?

He’s a toxic motherfucker.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #44725 on: July 26, 2020, 09:45:35 AM »

Or, in a free society, parents will decide what sugar content of cereal is permissible by not buying the product or limiting the servings.

In a free society with an educated consumer and honest product information.

We largely do not have educated consumers and honest product information is a comparative novelty, to the extent that we have it...

The whole corn syrup debacle is evidence that a)  consumers don't all have time to master nutritional science and b)  that there is a use in having expertise pooled by governmental bodies and brought to bear on regulating the sale of health-damaging "food. "   

But hey,  if you're okay with a nation of soaring rates of diabetes and widespread obesity, and resultant chronic illnesses,  then FREEDOM MAGA MAGA MAGA!!!!!

barton

« Reply #44726 on: July 26, 2020, 10:01:20 AM »

I can't imagine there is another country stupid or foolish enough to allow folks armed in military gear to assemble in public.

Maybe it's time to re-write the 2nd A to state that Americans have the right to a handgun for self-defense or a rifle for hunting, but that military weaponry such as assault rifles, automatic and semi-automatic weapons are not permitted.  And States are permitted to regulate the licensing and public display of legal weapons.

The Right would get the SCOTUS ruling in the Constitution so gun ownership would be a settled right, but heavy weaponry would be banned and states could regulate/limit public carry as they see fit.

No need to rewrite the 2nd amendment. Just get judges on the bench who interpret it correctly.

A rewrite does make some sense wrt to these militia groups that strut around with military gear.   If the nation gets behind the post-18th century concept of the military being an organized and formally trained unit of the government, and not this mythological "Red Dawn" scenario,  then the 2nd A should fit with that.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44727 on: July 26, 2020, 10:59:57 AM »

Lyndon Johnson

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #44728 on: July 26, 2020, 11:30:17 AM »

I'd prefer a rewrite of the 2nd A to say Guns being inherently dangerous can be regulated or banned by states as they see fit.  But that's not gonna fly.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 12:55:11 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #44729 on: July 26, 2020, 11:55:00 AM »

Good rant, then and now.

For the life of me I do not understand what political benefit Trump and his high-kommand see by sending kids to dens of sure infection and death, and inevitably closing schools before the elections, as covid teaches yet another deadly lesson to the hoplessly deplorable.

That they imposed their stupidity on libs and dems, but condemned kids and their parents in red-states to sickness, pain and death?

Do the Republicans really want to harm innocent children in so many ways from interupting their schooling for another year, hurting their development, risking their health and their parents health for some perceived political fuck you to dems?

How fucking heartless and cruel and stupid are they? 

and that's a rhetorical question.

So kid and Red can ignore it.

heh

Back door ethnic cleansing in short term

Long term health disparities to a generation of those parents who can’t work from home and can’t pay for daycare because they are low tier workers.

Another stumbling block for ‘marginalized communities.’

Its just dumb politics.

America knows that Trump fucked up covid-19 and its why he's getting killed in the polls. And why he'll lose the election in a Blue Tsunami. No one except the deplorables trusts his judgement or decency. He has no judgement and he's indecent.

But he could have backed away on this, as he did on wearing masks, but doubling down and putting kids at risk and wanting full-scale school re-openings is a bridge to far for a lot of parents-voters to cross.

And if kids start getting sick in September and then parents get infected etc. and covid spikes around the country and schools and the economy have to shut down again, it will be a disaster on so many fronts. Public health, economy, financia, and for our democracy, and all with serious long-term implications, which could take years to recover from. And I'm not being hyperbolic.

I absolutely thinks its fucking insane and why I implored rhetorically from my soapbox a few weeks ago, if you want kids back in school, shut down in July and August and and if the curve is broken, you still got a shot of getting kids safely back to schools by mid-late September.

the lack of urgency and concern and a rational game planning on the part of Trump and his stooges, is fucking mind-boggling, and the wish for a magical overnight cure or that covid will just disappear on its own, is just the desperate babbling of an hopelessly inept fool. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 11:57:47 AM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 2980 2981 [2982] 2983 2984 ... 4288