Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2989 2990 [2991] 2992 2993 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008506 times)

oilcan

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44850 on: July 27, 2020, 10:29:11 AM »

So,  do I have this straight?  Hillary Clinton says racists,  sexists,  and xenophobes are deplorable, and thus she is unfit to hold public office,  but a US GOP Senator says slavery was a necessary evil and they are still  promoting him as a 2024 POTUS candidate.   

Huh.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44851 on: July 27, 2020, 10:32:23 AM »

The GOP has marginalized itself to the point where their only hope in this cycle is massive fraud and disenfranchisement.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/07/27/opinion/republicans-demographic-trap/

We are only 8 years away from the 2012 loss that unleashed a wave of GOP soul-searching and internal reports on how to reposition the party in the face of changing demographics, and policy positions increasingly out of touch with every day America. 

Then they realized that would be hard, so said "fuck it."  Kind of like their COVID response.

Now if Republicans can't get elected in a Democracy, they will jettison the Democracy.  Its that simple.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #44852 on: July 27, 2020, 10:32:53 AM »

So,  do I have this straight?  Hillary Clinton says racists,  sexists,  and xenophobes are deplorable, and thus she is unfit to hold public office,  but a US GOP Senator says slavery was a necessary evil and they are still  promoting him as a 2024 POTUS candidate.   

Huh.
He's fine.  He used the word "evil."
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

barton

« Reply #44853 on: July 27, 2020, 10:55:41 AM »

I think the GOP should use Necessary Evil as a slogan,  from now on.   

Poverty?   A necessary evil!
Refugees in cages?   NE!
Massive mortality?   NE!
Decline in public health?   NE!
Homelessness?   NE!
Beating and gassing journalists and peaceful protestors?  NE!
Poisoned air,  water,  soil.... NE!
Unsafe workplace condition?  NE!

barton

« Reply #44854 on: July 27, 2020, 10:59:13 AM »

The Knights who say "NE"

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44855 on: July 27, 2020, 11:03:46 AM »

I don't know if there is anything more GOP than their telling people not to wear masks that will save the lives of thousands of Americans because everything is A-OK, open up the Businesses (!) while they buy $14,000 worth of masks for themselves, and then lie about having purchased them:

https://www.businessinsider.com/rnc-purchase-face-masks-covid-coronavirus-trump-republicans-building-maintenance-2020-7

Pay site

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #44856 on: July 27, 2020, 11:18:05 AM »

The story has words in it so you probably wouldn't be able to read it anyway.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44857 on: July 27, 2020, 11:47:44 AM »

Huh.

Let me simplify it:

(Name of Democratic Party nominee) says (pick a phrase, any phase) and thus s/he is unfit to hold public office, but a (Republican presidential wannabe) says (pick a questionable phrase, any one of them) and they are still promoting him as a (pick a year) POTUS candidate.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44858 on: July 27, 2020, 11:49:52 AM »

I don't know if there is anything more GOP than their telling people not to wear masks that will save the lives of thousands of Americans because everything is A-OK, open up the Businesses (!) while they buy $14,000 worth of masks for themselves, and then lie about having purchased them:

https://www.businessinsider.com/rnc-purchase-face-masks-covid-coronavirus-trump-republicans-building-maintenance-2020-7

Pay site

No, it's not. And even if it were, just open a second fucking browser or use your phone, Kid. It's just not that difficult.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #44859 on: July 27, 2020, 11:51:32 AM »

Two Monday night MLB games were postponed because of an outbreak of the coronavirus among the Miami Marlins.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29547211/two-mlb-games-postponed-marlins-outbreak

A Florida-based team-how surprising.

Re-opening schools should be a walk in the park!

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44860 on: July 27, 2020, 11:52:16 AM »

Rasmussen Reports   Approve 46, Disapprove 52   Disapprove +6

Trending sharply down.

That's a shift of 6 points from Friday.

AKA: There are no trends in the Rasmussen Reports claim of presidential approval/disapproval, no margin of error published with each announcement, and no substance to the results. Just whatever numbers they think seem apt for a given day.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44861 on: July 27, 2020, 11:56:12 AM »

Pay site

No, it's not. And even if it were, just open a second fucking browser or use your phone, Kid. It's just not that difficult.

I have no access to this article.  Just an fyi

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44862 on: July 27, 2020, 11:57:39 AM »

Two Monday night MLB games were postponed because of an outbreak of the coronavirus among the Miami Marlins.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29547211/two-mlb-games-postponed-marlins-outbreak

WTF are they doing? And how is the team they played with before this series so sure that they are clean?!

I sure hope this is a blip, not an indicator of how the season is going to (try to) go.

But there is also talk of California just plain shutting down, which would put 5 more teams into nomad status.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44863 on: July 27, 2020, 12:00:29 PM »

Huh.

Let me simplify it:

(Name of Democratic Party nominee) says (pick a phrase, any phase) and thus s/he is unfit to hold public office, but a (Republican presidential wannabe) says (pick a questionable phrase, any one of them) and they are still promoting him as a (pick a year) POTUS candidate.

Who is?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #44864 on: July 27, 2020, 12:01:56 PM »

WTF are they doing? And how is the team they played with before this series so sure that they are clean?!

I sure hope this is a blip, not an indicator of how the season is going to (try to) go.

But there is also talk of California just plain shutting down, which would put 5 more teams into nomad status.

With all the precautions and testing etc that the MLB presumably took, it took just a few days for covid to emerge.

Its not a good sign for other less strenuous endeavors by asset constrained entities (like public schools) to control this motherfucking disease.

Pages: 1 ... 2989 2990 [2991] 2992 2993 ... 4288