Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1602898 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4560 on: October 17, 2018, 02:59:37 PM »

Economists widely hold that graft, theft, laziness, and cronyism have negative effects when rampant in economies.

The republicans and right wing mobs everywhere are built on the four pillars of graft, theft, laziness, and cronyism.

It’s less that economists are partisan than that economics is partisan.

Reality still has that famous liberal bias.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: October 17, 2018, 03:02:17 PM »

Just for the sake of a break from extreme partisan scare stories, here is a Nobel prize winning economist on who actually supports Medicare....

(regarding the tweets, I can only say it's probably healthy for the mind to occasionally study the actual policy positions of both parties and their candidates, rather than try to figure out the moral character and political integrity of hundreds of millions of Americans by means of footage of lone lunatics acting out their mental health issues in the street....just a thought)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/opinion/republicans-lies-medicare-pre-existing-conditions.html?fallback=0&recId=1Bhyf84GtPxF1drEkmW5S5h89JS&locked=0&geoContinent=NA&geoRegion=SD&recAlloc=contextual-bandit-home-geo&geoCountry=US&blockId=midterm-elections&imp_id=643049848
LOL
As long as we study the positions of the parties through the partisan lenses worn by a leftist political columnist posing as an economist.
Partisan lenses!

If you ask real nice, he might let you see his Nobel Prize for Economics. I bet it is nice.
Or his Economics Degrees from Yale and M.I.T.  And since credentials obviously mean a lot to Red, he should probably ask to see his supply-side buddy Larry Kudlow's economics degree.
Thanks for proving my point.
I had not realized your point was that you are a.partisan idiot.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: October 17, 2018, 03:10:55 PM »

Just for the sake of a break from extreme partisan scare stories, here is a Nobel prize winning economist on who actually supports Medicare....

(regarding the tweets, I can only say it's probably healthy for the mind to occasionally study the actual policy positions of both parties and their candidates, rather than try to figure out the moral character and political integrity of hundreds of millions of Americans by means of footage of lone lunatics acting out their mental health issues in the street....just a thought)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/opinion/republicans-lies-medicare-pre-existing-conditions.html?fallback=0&recId=1Bhyf84GtPxF1drEkmW5S5h89JS&locked=0&geoContinent=NA&geoRegion=SD&recAlloc=contextual-bandit-home-geo&geoCountry=US&blockId=midterm-elections&imp_id=643049848
LOL
As long as we study the positions of the parties through the partisan lenses worn by a leftist political columnist posing as an economist.
Partisan lenses!

If you ask real nice, he might let you see his Nobel Prize for Economics. I bet it is nice.
Or his Economics Degrees from Yale and M.I.T.  And since credentials obviously mean a lot to Red, he should probably ask to see his supply-side buddy Larry Kudlow's economics degree.
Thanks for proving my point.
I had not realized your point was that you are a.partisan idiot.
My point was Bart did not follow his standards as outlined in his post.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: October 17, 2018, 03:23:15 PM »

I think I understand. Red hates it when a guy with Economics Degrees from Yale and M.I.T. and a Nobel Prize in Economics "poses" as an economist.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: October 17, 2018, 03:46:48 PM »

Red hates it when people point out the hollow craven immortality of all he believes and everyone he associates himself with. As a scumbag, Red hates to be called out.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #4565 on: October 17, 2018, 04:01:31 PM »

My point was Bart did not follow his standards as outlined in his post.

My standard was to use expert opinion (vs.  Twitter twits) as springboard for chat about GOP policy claims.   Can't help noticing you didn't refute any of Krugman's points.   Or even address them.  Hmm. 

barton

« Reply #4566 on: October 17, 2018, 04:08:10 PM »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/artcarden/2018/05/04/1100-economists-no-trump-tariffs/#1bc26dbd40fb

1100 economists from all parts of the political spectrum agree on the stupidity of Trumpian trade policy. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: October 17, 2018, 04:11:24 PM »

I think I understand. Red hates it when a guy with Economics Degrees from Yale and M.I.T. and a Nobel Prize in Economics "poses" as an economist.
It is pretty hard to “ explore the policy positions of both parties” when it was written by a partisan
(Regardless of his profession) spewing the democrat party line on Healthcare while lying about the GOP position.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: October 17, 2018, 04:15:35 PM »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/artcarden/2018/05/04/1100-economists-no-trump-tariffs/#1bc26dbd40fb

1100 economists from all parts of the political spectrum agree on the stupidity of Trumpian trade policy.
The World Economic Forum says The U.S. is back on top as the most competitive country in the world, regaining the No. 1 spot for the first time since 2008.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: October 17, 2018, 04:25:24 PM »

It is pretty hard to “ explore the policy positions of both parties” when it was written by a partisan
(Regardless of his profession) spewing the democrat party line on Healthcare while lying about the GOP position.

Still hasn’t found a lie about the GOP position. Try looking under the WMDs. No? Maybe it’s by the benefit of the tax scam to ordinary Americans. No? Maybe it got lost among trump’s best words...

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: October 17, 2018, 04:26:45 PM »

There was a lie in the article, but MS13 took it. Crime is rampant because of Obamacare and commie Canadians with all their pot.

Richard P. Feynman

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: October 17, 2018, 05:18:07 PM »

Can we pause a moment to acknowledge a truly unique event?  WE ACTUALLY GOT RED TO EXPLAIN HIS POINT. I am not sure that has ever happened in Elban history. Granted, it was a point that had me channeling my inner Addison DeWitt, but still.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: October 17, 2018, 05:30:54 PM »

Support republicans, support racism.

Defeat republicans, defeat racism.

It’s that simple

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/10/16/17980820/trump-obama-2016-race-racism-class-economy-2018-midterm

LOL

It's the Left today that seems quite relaxed about [some say cheering on] all the racism being rained upon White people in the 'Christian West' today.

Poor privileged baby. Can't stand others getting equal treatment to you?

So sad.

Nah...I'm quite happy for them...to get the same treatment as me...not better treatment.
That wasn't the deal...the deal was equality.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: October 17, 2018, 05:45:02 PM »

The World Economic Forum says The U.S. is back on top as the most competitive country in the world, regaining the No. 1 spot for the first time since 2008.

The World Economic Forum has analyzed the state of our economy after 8 years of sane Democratic stewardship checked by right wing beastiality and self harming (thanks Mitch!) tainted by the very beginnings of trumpian graft, mismanagement, and decay. When they check back in a year or so, our precipitous dive down that list will be evident.

The good news is a new Congress can put the sick GOP beasties in a small box and sap the momentum from the decline and fall of the U.S.A.

We just have to outvote the suppression, gerrymandering, fearmongering, and outright lies.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: October 17, 2018, 05:51:56 PM »

Actually if I had become an Economist I could be  number 1101 , at least on the point of tariffs.
Its the main reason I did not vote for Trump. And I could not hold my nose and vote for Hilary since her position on trade was just as bad( as we have discussed here before)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 05:53:39 PM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 4288