Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3119 3120 [3121] 3122 3123 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1610197 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #46800 on: August 11, 2020, 09:39:10 AM »

What’s delaying Biden’s Veep pick?

What delay?  VP candidates are typically announced before conventions.

McCain announced Palin on August 29th.
Obama announced Biden on August 23rd.
Romney announced Ryan on August 11th.
While Clinton announced Kaine on July 22nd, that was days before the Democratic National Convention that year.

The Democratic National Convention starts August 17th.  If you don't know by then who the VP candidate is, then go ahead and argue that there is a "delay."  Until then, you are as full of it as usual.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46801 on: August 11, 2020, 09:40:03 AM »

https://youtu.be/k5KuxjuKAE4

"Enough is Enough" is the tune to this ad promoting LGBTQ registration and voting, noting that had they all registered and voted in 2016, that would have been enough to swing the election tother way.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #46802 on: August 11, 2020, 09:41:27 AM »

What’s delaying Biden’s Veep pick?

What delay?  VP candidates are typically announced before conventions.

McCain announced Palin on August 29th.
Obama announced Biden on August 23rd.
Romney announced Ryan on August 11th.
While Clinton announced Kaine on July 22nd, that was days before the Democratic National Convention that year.

The Democratic National Convention starts August 17th.  If you don't know by then who the VP candidate is, then go ahead and argue that there is a "delay."  Until then, you are as full of it as usual.

And of course you assume that because you haven't heard who his pick is that Biden hasn't made his decision.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

« Reply #46803 on: August 11, 2020, 09:44:58 AM »

...than an inept corrupt Russian bran-dead stooge currently nailed to his perch.

I don't see him eating much bran,  let alone lethal amounts.   

Nice M Python sourced metaphor. 

I suspect any poll regarding a candidate in their seventies who has verbal gaffes,  will garner a significant fraction of "might get dementia while in office" yesses.   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #46804 on: August 11, 2020, 09:47:12 AM »

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2020/59_think_biden_unlikely_to_finish_a_four_year_term_in_white_house

Wow - this is unprecedented.

No, it's Rasmussen.

Biden is the oldest nominee for President in our history (older than Bob Dole! I had to look that one up.)  So is there a possibility he doesn't finish his term?  I guess.  But I'm not sure what any polling on the issue is meant to prove, let alone a Rasmussen poll.

I wonder what chance Trump would have of finishing his second term if he could be prosecuted for crimes.  Likely he'd be out already.  Quite aside from the obvious cognitive and physical decline he has been exhibiting.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46805 on: August 11, 2020, 09:54:30 AM »

Governor Baker of MA has responded to the month long increase in cases.

In response to recent large gatherings, the size of permitted outdoor gatherings has been cut in half, from 100 to 50 people, in both public and private spaces. The limit on indoor gatherings remains at 25.

Baker announced several other steps, including tightened rules for eateries. Baker said bars “masquerading” as restaurants must close down and released updated guidance to eliminate ambiguity around the rules.

"One of the things that's come up a number of times is that pretzels and potato chips meets the food service requirement. It clearly doesn't," Baker said. "What we tried to do with the amendment of the order is make absolutely clear you need to be serving food that's prepared on-site and the people who are in your venue need to order and eat food if they're going to order a drink."

Meanwhile, in Sturgis, SD...  in Georgia...  In Texas.... In Florida...

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #46806 on: August 11, 2020, 10:01:46 AM »

That fox video of Biden riding a bike and looking hearty and joking with a (somewhat clueless) reporter was a nice break from their usual pro-Trump stream.   Puts the lie to the Trump campaign's "feeble old man hiding in his basement" nonsense.  I'd like to see Trump riding a bicycle,  but I know he has to master holding a glass and ramp walking first.

I don't know why it is absolutely impossible to imagine Trump on a bicycle.  Is it the obesity?  Is it that a guy who struggles to walk down a ramp can not maintain his balance well enough?  In the end I'm not even sure he knows how to ride one. 

barton

« Reply #46807 on: August 11, 2020, 10:03:31 AM »

In response to recent large gatherings, the size of permitted outdoor gatherings has been cut in half, from 100 to 50 people, in both public and private spaces. The limit on indoor gatherings remains at 25.

Baker announced several other steps, including tightened rules for eateries. Baker said bars “masquerading” as restaurants must close down...

Guy walks into a bar with new health rules due to covid.   Asks for some rum punch.

"There's a separate line for punch, " says bartender.   "Health laws. "

Guy looks around,  but there are few patrons...

....and no punch line.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #46808 on: August 11, 2020, 10:10:09 AM »

Meanwhile, in Sturgis, SD...  in Georgia...  In Texas.... In Florida...

Widespread dumbassery from sea to shining sea.
Inexcusable.
Get your shit together people.
You've already grossly fucked up for 6 months.
Do things right.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #46809 on: August 11, 2020, 10:18:07 AM »

---Putin says Russia has approved 'world first' Covid-19 vaccine. But questions over its safety remain---
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/11/europe/russia-coronavirus-vaccine-putin-intl/index.html

A notable date in the pandemic fight. Did they really hack into vaccine "secrets"?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #46810 on: August 11, 2020, 10:21:12 AM »

I believe Putin as much as I'll believe Trump when he says the same thing a couple of weeks before Election Day.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46811 on: August 11, 2020, 10:28:38 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1292782215756120065

Lincoln Project shares a few key comments from Trump on executive orders, plus one on golf.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46812 on: August 11, 2020, 10:39:40 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/8-year-old-boy-arrested-florida-020546924.html

Good thing that there were three police there to handle the situation!

But... I can't decide whether more of the problem rests with the substitute teacher who called the police, the school that did not intervene, or the police who could not figure out even when their handcuffs fell off from being too big that maybe, just maybe, hauling the child off to jail was not, perhaps, the best way to handle this situation.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46813 on: August 11, 2020, 10:43:07 AM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #46814 on: August 11, 2020, 10:48:19 AM »

I believe Putin as much as I'll believe Trump when he says the same thing a couple of weeks before Election Day.

Trump will EO a $1 trillion order for stockpiling the Russian covid vaccine.

I understand it only works with hydroxy.

good thing we got a shit ton of that.
Pages: 1 ... 3119 3120 [3121] 3122 3123 ... 4288