Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3176 3177 [3178] 3179 3180 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007678 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47655 on: August 18, 2020, 11:07:45 PM »

“We can reach these new frontiers, but only with a President who asks what he can do for our country and what together we can do to build a better world. It's up to us. Let's get it done,” Jack Schlossberg said.

And not, as Trump has done repeatedly, ask what the country can do for him (and his family and business).
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47656 on: August 18, 2020, 11:13:45 PM »

I’d hate to be the guy in charge of logistics for next weeks GOP soirée.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47657 on: August 18, 2020, 11:27:01 PM »

I'd love to be!

A handsome paycheck leading up to the thing, then orchestrating a total disaster!

What could they do? Fire me?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47658 on: August 18, 2020, 11:27:45 PM »

I'd love to be!

A handsome paycheck leading up to the thing, then orchestrating a total disaster!

What could they do? Fire me?!

Vladimir will get his best guy on it as soon as trump pardons him so he can leave house arrest.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47659 on: August 18, 2020, 11:28:41 PM »

Bambu darling, it’s happening for reasons you’ve already tried to excuse away or outright refuse to believe.

It’s ok gadger. We don’t need your help fixing this and there’s not much you can do to get in the way.

http://www.theweek.com/articles/931976/why-children-boomers-feel-betrayed

Wouldn't take me long to fix Seattle though.
YouTube 'Seattle is Dying'.
There's a Governor of Washington who's supposed to be in charge of everything that happens in his state?
How come he's allowing what Seattle is today?
The city is basically a garbage dump.
 A man has a facebook page:
"Seatte looks like sh.."
According to police officers quoted in the video...
Felonies have been decriminalised, and people can basically do as they please.
Toss garbage anywhere...and there's plenty of it.
Not if bambu were in charge.
There'd be law and order.
There'd be rural retreats for those lying around the streets.
The city would not resemble 'sh.."

« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 11:32:22 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #47660 on: August 18, 2020, 11:36:18 PM »

Bill Clinton is on point tonight.

That was pretty damn vintage. Here’s a review with the vid embedded

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/18/dnc-night-2-key-moments-398278

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47661 on: August 18, 2020, 11:37:55 PM »

Bambu darling, it’s happening for reasons you’ve already tried to excuse away or outright refuse to believe.

It’s ok gadger. We don’t need your help fixing this and there’s not much you can do to get in the way.

There's a Governor of Washington who's supposed to be in charge of everything that happens in his state?

No, he's not in charge of everything that happens in his state.

Honestly, Bambi, when are you going to bother finding out what you are talking about before typing inanity?

Our governors are not royalty or nobility, not pomeshchiks or junkers with nigh unto absolute power over the fiefdoms in their desmense. These are not duchies or earldoms or viceroyalties. They are states.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47662 on: August 18, 2020, 11:41:12 PM »

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/08/18/baltimore_republican_house_candidate_kimberly_klacik_viral_campaign_ad_democrats_have_failed_baltimore_black_people.html

It would be a far better ad, Ward, if the GOP had not intentionally been striving to keep Black votes from mattering and had struck down jobs bill after jobs bill over the last 12 (or more) years.

But they have been. This has nothing to do with caring about Black people and everything to do with power.

Still.

See also your carefully considered response to anything that points out American systemic racism.

Hypocrite.
I think Kim disagrees with you.

I think Kim (a) has not even considered the question about the GOP as a whole, and (b) would agree with me that you are a hypocrite who does not give a damn about the lives of Blacks.
Then you are not very smart.  Nor observant.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #47664 on: August 18, 2020, 11:49:23 PM »

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/08/18/baltimore_republican_house_candidate_kimberly_klacik_viral_campaign_ad_democrats_have_failed_baltimore_black_people.html

It would be a far better ad, Ward, if the GOP had not intentionally been striving to keep Black votes from mattering and had struck down jobs bill after jobs bill over the last 12 (or more) years.

But they have been. This has nothing to do with caring about Black people and everything to do with power.

Still.

See also your carefully considered response to anything that points out American systemic racism.

Hypocrite.

I think Kim (a) has not even considered the question about the GOP as a whole, and (b) would agree with me that you are a hypocrite who does not give a damn about the lives of Blacks.
He noticed Kim didn’t have word one about fixing any problem she mentioned.

She’s borrowing her shtick from AOC, who was concisely incredible tonight, and Omarosa. An enterprising candidate running in interesting times. It won’t be long till trump regrets not replacing pence with her on his ticket.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47665 on: August 18, 2020, 11:56:09 PM »

lol
She wants people to vote on character.
My tv yesterday played tape of parents pushing Biden's hands away from their children, and moving their children away from Biden quickly.
Now seems like the mrs had an affair with Biden when she was still married...allegedly.

Boomer parents to blame for what their children are like?
Nah...other forces were at work.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47666 on: August 19, 2020, 12:02:34 AM »

No, he's not in charge of everything that happens in his state.

Honestly, Bambi, when are you going to bother finding out what you are talking about before typing inanity?

Our governors are not royalty or nobility, not pomeshchiks or junkers with nigh unto absolute power over the fiefdoms in their desmense. These are not duchies or earldoms or viceroyalties. They are states.

We have states, and the elected leader of each state is responsible for everything that happens in that state...basically.
What's the point of having a Governor of Washington then?
It's the elected mayor who is responsible for Seattle looking the way it is?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 12:05:24 AM by bambu. »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47667 on: August 19, 2020, 12:09:24 AM »

Still.

Hypocrite.

Your usual vacuous, factless commentary, Ward. Weak, pitiful defense of your initial comment and a piss poor rebuttal of what I said with regard to you.

Your ongoing failure to even acknowledge the fact of systemic racism in our medical system and its devastating impact on Black newborns is an indictment of you that Kimberly Klacik would repudiate if she is who you think she is or simply ignore if she is who I think she is.

And her own silence in response to that study speaks volumes about her being far more caught up in political gamesmanship than true leadership for Black Americans or anybody else, except the GOP.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47668 on: August 19, 2020, 12:10:54 AM »

Similarly, Ward, your ongoing defense of your president and his former campaign manager, Mr. Manafort, smacks of party ahead of country.

"Manafort was ‘grave counterintelligence threat’ due to Russian contacts, Senate panel says"

That's the report from the GOP-led Senate Panel.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47669 on: August 19, 2020, 12:17:11 AM »

Still.

Hypocrite.

Your usual vacuous, factless commentary, Ward. Weak, pitiful defense of your initial comment and a piss poor rebuttal of what I said with regard to you.
Say What?

Your ongoing failure to even acknowledge the fact of systemic racism in our medical system and its devastating impact on Black newborns is an indictment of you that Kimberly Klacik would repudiate if she is who you think she is or simply ignore if she is who I think she is.

And her own silence in response to that study speaks volumes about her being far more caught up in political gamesmanship than true leadership for Black Americans or anybody else, except the GOP.
Say What?
Pages: 1 ... 3176 3177 [3178] 3179 3180 ... 4288