Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3222 3223 [3224] 3225 3226 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1795607 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #48345 on: August 25, 2020, 11:33:43 PM »

The Edsel flopped business-wise even though it was the butt of jokes for decades after its early demise

"even though," huh?

You think that ordinarily being the butt of jokes for decades is going to lead to business success?!

Well, that is[ what your sentence means, Ward.

Hell, you've been the butt of jokes here and on the Times for decades. I guess that makes you somewhat of an expert, right?!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #48346 on: August 25, 2020, 11:36:11 PM »

Here’s why RED and the boys are mad at the NBA:

More Than a Vote, a group of prominent athletes fighting voter suppression, will collaborate with the NAACP Legal Defense Fund on the program in a dozen states, including battlegrounds such as Georgia, Michigan, Florida and Wisconsin, where disenfranchisement affects Black voters, the source said.

As you know RED has always said there is no voter suppression...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/nba-star-lebron-james-group-plans-effort-recruit-poll-workers-n1238014
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #48347 on: August 25, 2020, 11:36:57 PM »

"Marxist".  Another clown.
Exactly.
The NBA endorses clowns 
No wonder no one watches.

https://slate.com/culture/2020/08/nba-tv-ratings-china-ethan-strauss-athletic.html

In a piece published in the Athletic last week, Ethan Strauss reported that the ratings for network NBA broadcasts have declined by 45 percent since 2011–12. Games on TNT are also down by more than 40 percent, while ESPN’s ratings have gone down roughly 20 percent. And despite predictions that ratings for the league’s “bubble” games would soar, they’ve actually been lower than those for pre-bubble games. “Big trends tend to result from multiple factors,” Strauss wrote. Among the ones he cited: that players, coaches, and broadcasters have been highly critical of the United States and its government while remaining mostly silent about China.

But the decline is not new. It is not 2018-2020, but ongoing since 2011-12, which suggests that the criticism of the US is a smaller part of it than he would like to admit (or that Ward would). Further seeing double the drop on some stations over the other begs questions, too.

But overall, if that is why they are leaving, then perhaps they will be happy if the games stop.

I doubt it.
Well the NBA is not giving them much to stay for.  If it thought it could turn around declining  ratings by embracing BLM, China,and  Marxism that  was a PR disaster On par with the Edsel.

I don’t give a fuck about the ratings.

LOL!
And politicians don’t care about votes.  C’mon man!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #48348 on: August 25, 2020, 11:38:28 PM »

The Edsel flopped business-wise even though it was the butt of jokes for decades after its early demise

"even though," huh?

You think that ordinarily being the butt of jokes for decades is going to lead to business success?!

Well, that is[ what your sentence means, Ward.

Hell, you've been the butt of jokes here and on the Times for decades. I guess that makes you somewhat of an expert, right?!

Edsel was an easy target for jokes because of the grill and the name and sales.

The Mustang took away that sting.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #48349 on: August 25, 2020, 11:39:07 PM »

Exactly.
The NBA endorses clowns 

https://slate.com/culture/2020/08/nba-tv-ratings-china-ethan-strauss-athletic.html

In a piece published in the Athletic last week, Ethan Strauss reported that the ratings for network NBA broadcasts have declined by 45 percent since 2011–12. Games on TNT are also down by more than 40 percent, while ESPN’s ratings have gone down roughly 20 percent. And despite predictions that ratings for the league’s “bubble” games would soar, they’ve actually been lower than those for pre-bubble games. “Big trends tend to result from multiple factors,” Strauss wrote. Among the ones he cited: that players, coaches, and broadcasters have been highly critical of the United States and its government while remaining mostly silent about China.

But the decline is not new. It is not 2018-2020, but ongoing since 2011-12, which suggests that the criticism of the US is a smaller part of it than he would like to admit (or that Ward would). Further seeing double the drop on some stations over the other begs questions, too.

But overall, if that is why they are leaving, then perhaps they will be happy if the games stop.

I doubt it.
Well the NBA is not giving them much to stay for.  If it thought it could turn around declining  ratings by embracing BLM, China,and  Marxism that  was a PR disaster On par with the Edsel.

LOL!

It ain’t my money.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #48350 on: August 26, 2020, 12:04:54 AM »

"even though," huh?
Yes, even though.
You must be drunk 
Or stupid.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48351 on: August 26, 2020, 12:21:44 AM »

"even though," huh?
Yes, even though.
You must be drunk 
Or stupid.

Some posters are as dense as concrete.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48352 on: August 26, 2020, 12:35:58 AM »

Exactly.
The NBA endorses clowns 

I doubt it.

LOL!

Talk about your apples and granite comparisons...

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48353 on: August 26, 2020, 12:36:41 AM »

"even though," huh?
Yes, even though.
You must be drunk 
Or stupid.

Same old Ward, doubling down on his own inanity.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #48354 on: August 26, 2020, 01:06:50 AM »

Exactly.
The NBA endorses clowns 

I doubt it.

LOL!

It ain’t my money.
Well, yes it is 

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48355 on: August 26, 2020, 01:23:13 AM »

Exactly.
The NBA endorses clowns 

I doubt it.

LOL!

It ain’t my money.
Well, yes it is

Larry: I have never watched the original One Day at a Time.
Ward: Yes, you have

Larry: I don't care if they republish Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Poetry.
Ward: And dogs don't care about eating. C'mon man!

The inanity is beyond words. The persistence is hilarious.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #48356 on: August 26, 2020, 01:50:47 AM »

From the Lincoln Project.

http://youtu.be/FMBnvGj6e1s

To stand with trump, lying is breathing and constant fear is one’s uniform.

It’s a lot for red to deal with. We should cut him some slack when he can’t hold up his end of a conversation.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #48357 on: August 26, 2020, 02:22:01 AM »

Eric did a decent job. He would have been more convincing if he hadn’t preceded his speech with a letter to a court saying he was going to withhold testimony and material from a proceeding because he believes it would incriminate him. The short version is he knows he’s guilty and doesn’t care who knows it. He won’t help you prove it but he asserts his crimes are real with legal consequences enshrined in law.

Setting aside his family name being synonymous with fraud, this legal posture puts a fatal rupture in the poor boy’s credibility.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #48358 on: August 26, 2020, 02:32:36 AM »

I think I found Red’s NBA problem.

http://youtu.be/sCLvIg3PX5Q

Doc Rivers, COY.

“Keep marching”.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #48359 on: August 26, 2020, 02:53:11 AM »

Did not know what deep state meant until I read this.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/25/politics/rnc-mary-ann-mendoza-anti-semitic-conspiracy-theory/index.html

---QAnon's prevailing conspiracy theories -- none based in fact -- claim that dozens of Satan-worshipping politicians and A-list celebrities work in tandem with governments around the globe to engage in child sex abuse. The group also fosters and shares conspiracies about coronavirus and mass shootings -- none grounded in reality -- and believe there is a "deep state" effort to annihilate Trump.---

Dangerously delusional. Very Nazi-like.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 3222 3223 [3224] 3225 3226 ... 4288