Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3460 3461 [3462] 3463 3464 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1996557 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51915 on: October 02, 2020, 08:58:08 AM »

56% expect Trump will win the election; 40% think Biden will

https://news.gallup.com/poll/321347/trump-pre-debate-job-approval-highest-may.aspx

As I've said before in this space, there is literally no poll less interesting than polling people on how they think other people will vote. 

At least 10% of the people who think Trump will win don't want him to.  People are naturally pessimistic.  Certainly plenty of reason this last year for them to be so!

That kiidcarter8 posts the above as a positive sign of Trump's electoral chances (though he will deny it) is hilarious.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51916 on: October 02, 2020, 09:01:09 AM »

its a hoax-this is Trump's desperate ploy for sympathy.

the fucker lies about everything.

Could be.

Boris Johnson enjoyed a surge in popularity in GB when he got COVID.  Though he was hospitalized for several days.

And Trump probably thinks there is little that would serve him better right now than showing how "easily" he beat the virus, because he is so healthy and strong, and the virus isn't a threat anyway.

But given the national security implications you have to think there are layers of completely apolitical staff involved, even in the Trump Administration, that would make a maneuver like this impossible.  But who knows.  You literally can't put a thing past this guy.

No more debates and an excuse to stay out of the public eye; these are only positives for Trump's chances at reelection.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51917 on: October 02, 2020, 09:09:04 AM »

I don't care about Trump. I hope Biden is ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-aqTtywDDI

VP announcement on his test has come out, how have we not heard yet about Biden?

The guy was inside, 10' away from a positive case screaming at him for over 90 minutes.

Not good.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51918 on: October 02, 2020, 09:17:43 AM »

So Biden is only now getting tested this morning.

Which makes it clear that while Trump was mocking him for wearing masks and not holding large campaign events, he was enjoying an extensive testing regime around himself and people he was in contact with that Biden was not.

Infuriating.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51919 on: October 02, 2020, 09:21:31 AM »

Well - as I asked my school-aged daughter today - what should Trump do - if his opponent - given a full 2 minutes - comes out in the first 20 seconds with a blatant untruth?

He could just sit there for the other 1:40 and take the slandering - or he could speak up.

A) Great point kiidcarter8!  Too bad your hypothetical never actually happened.

B) Yeah, that's how debates work.  You are given a chance to rebut something your opponent said so you make a note of it, mentally or on a physical piece of paper, and you rebut what you see as a blatant untruth when you are given that opportunity.

C) This is what Joe did, largely, in the face of the avalanche of lies coming from Trump.  Though generally, he just ignored them because if he tried to respond to every Trump lie he wouldn't have ever had the chance to talk about his own policy.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51920 on: October 02, 2020, 09:31:31 AM »

Topics for sermons around the country:

You reap what you sow.

What goes around comes around.

Pride goeth before the Fall.

Lie to the People and God will punish you.

This is your Wake-Up Call, America, do you hear it?

And play this song, too, during the sermon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWzx2vRyKvY&list=PL0J4Ga9SrbpJMLlciZU5J6lr7ir1pW6ju&index=6
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51921 on: October 02, 2020, 09:51:48 AM »

its a hoax-this is Trump's desperate ploy for sympathy.

the fucker lies about everything.

Could be.

Boris Johnson enjoyed a surge in popularity in GB when he got COVID.  Though he was hospitalized for several days.

And Trump probably thinks there is little that would serve him better right now than showing how "easily" he beat the virus, because he is so healthy and strong, and the virus isn't a threat anyway.

But given the national security implications you have to think there are layers of completely apolitical staff involved, even in the Trump Administration, that would make a maneuver like this impossible.  But who knows.  You literally can't put a thing past this guy.

No more debates and an excuse to stay out of the public eye; these are only positives for Trump's chances at reelection.

Lots of very different takes here:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/02/us/trump-vs-biden?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Bottom line for me at the moment is that yes, voters should rationally link his recklessness and downplaying of the virus to his now contracting it and creating leadership questions and a national security situation and see this as further evidence that he is unfit.

But there is a big question, in my mind, about how rational voters are.  I mean, these are the people that elected this guy in the first place.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51922 on: October 02, 2020, 09:52:53 AM »

Pro-autocracy supporters caught. Guess which party?

Two well-known right-wing operatives were charged with felonies in Michigan on Thursday for allegedly orchestrating thousands of robocalls that were "aimed at suppressing the vote" in the upcoming election, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel announced.

Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman allegedly aimed the calls at voters in urban areas, including Detroit, according to the release. The calls were made in late August and went out to nearly 12,000 residents with phone numbers from the 313 area code.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wing-operatives-jacob-wohl-jack-burkman-charged-making/story?id=73376786&cid=clicksource_4380645_4_heads_hero_live_headlines_hed
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

barton

« Reply #51924 on: October 02, 2020, 09:58:09 AM »

Biden was the first one to interject in the debate.
Trump was only returning serve after Biden was allowed.
I would've done the same thing.

Well - as I asked my school-aged daughter today - what should Trump do - if his opponent - given a full 2 minutes - comes out in the first 20 seconds with a blatant untruth?

He could just sit there for the other 1:40 and take the slandering - or he could speak up.

Just starting to catch up,  so I know chat has moved on,  but:

Sitting there for the remaining 1:40 is what adults do in a debate.   I saw a recent collection of tweets from kindergarten teachers across the nation,  pointing out that their pupils are able to learn this kind of taking turns concept.   

Regarding the news today,  and the dozens of posts I am going to read,  let me just put this Trump quote out there:

"I don’t wear masks like him,” Trump said of Biden. “Every time you see him, he’s got a mask. He could be speaking 200 feet away from me, and he shows up with the biggest mask I’ve ever seen.”   

Hear that big CLONK sound, Kid.   That's the sound of the giant boomerang of karma impacting Trump's head.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51925 on: October 02, 2020, 10:00:36 AM »

RNC chairwoman tests positive for Covid19.

Thoughts and prayers for a swift recovfefe.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/02/us/trump-vs-biden
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51926 on: October 02, 2020, 10:00:52 AM »

56% expect Trump will win the election; 40% think Biden will

https://news.gallup.com/poll/321347/trump-pre-debate-job-approval-highest-may.aspx

As I've said before in this space, there is literally no poll less interesting than polling people on how they think other people will vote. 

At least 10% of the people who think Trump will win don't want him to.  People are naturally pessimistic.  Certainly plenty of reason this last year for them to be so!

That kiidcarter8 posts the above as a positive sign of Trump's electoral chances (though he will deny it) is hilarious.

Far more hilarious to me are:
1) The morning after Trump has tested positive (and after Kid belittled the risks of Hicks' positive state), this is his first post.

2) Kid makes a post after post telling us to watch polling trends and this was it. The last five polls that RCP has posted have Biden ahead by an average of 9.4. Only one of those was done as much half after the "debate." He has nothing to say about polling trends, either.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51927 on: October 02, 2020, 10:13:09 AM »

Biden's camp reports that their September fundraising topped their record August amount. It's expected that that will increase his financial advantage over the president.

And I have to wonder how those attending fundraisers with Trump feel, now, knowing that he went on Thursday to a fundraiser knowing Hope Hicks had tested positive, but not telling anybody then. And then testing positive, himself hours later.

He was showing mild symptoms all day on Thursday, according to staff.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #51928 on: October 02, 2020, 10:15:51 AM »

Trump's October surprise. He's going to do his Warren Harding act, now.

For Biden's sake,  if he wins,  I hope the Curse of Tippecanoe doesn't kick in.   (for those unfamiliar, worth googling -- native medicine man,  William Henry Harrison,  years divisible by 20)  Lotta aerosols flying from the presidential piehole at the debate.   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51929 on: October 02, 2020, 10:17:25 AM »

Trump's October surprise. He's going to do his Warren Harding act, now.

For Biden's sake,  if he wins,  I hope the Curse of Tippecanoe doesn't kick in.   (for those unfamiliar, worth googling -- native medicine man,  William Henry Harrison,  years divisible by 20)  Lotta aerosols flying from the presidential piehole at the debate.

And a full row of the "president's" family not wearing masks despite being asked to do so.
Pages: 1 ... 3460 3461 [3462] 3463 3464 ... 4288