Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3462 3463 [3464] 3465 3466 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1996425 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51945 on: October 02, 2020, 12:56:36 PM »

56% expect Trump will win the election; 40% think Biden will

https://news.gallup.com/poll/321347/trump-pre-debate-job-approval-highest-may.aspx

As I've said before in this space, there is literally no poll less interesting than polling people on how they think other people will vote. 

At least 10% of the people who think Trump will win don't want him to.  People are naturally pessimistic.  Certainly plenty of reason this last year for them to be so!

That kiidcarter8 posts the above as a positive sign of Trump's electoral chances (though he will deny it) is hilarious.

Far more hilarious to me are:
1) The morning after Trump has tested positive (and after Kid belittled the risks of Hicks' positive state), this is his first post.

2) Kid makes a post after post telling us to watch polling trends and this was it. The last five polls that RCP has posted have Biden ahead by an average of 9.4. Only one of those was done as much half after the "debate." He has nothing to say about polling trends, either.

You need to look at individual polls.  I post where the trends are away from Biden

Rasmussen currently goes way toward Biden when looking at last 2 polls.  But I always use 3
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51946 on: October 02, 2020, 12:58:05 PM »

NBC as well which just went from 10 to 13 for Joe

Seems they feel a Biden loss right now would be a real choke job.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51947 on: October 02, 2020, 01:00:55 PM »

A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #51948 on: October 02, 2020, 01:03:46 PM »

I haven't looked at the Republican Party constitution.

The Dems don't reconvene a convention if their candidate is no longer available. Instead, their Executive Committee has the full power of the Party and the Convention between convened conventions and would arrive at its own decision.

But that's not the troubling issue. It's all about the Electoral College.

My post had nothing to do with "the troubling issue."

However, the EC is one thing --> SCOTUS is another, tied to both the EC issue and the next one --> If the EC cannot decide the election, it goes to the House for a state by state vote, one cast per state. If the GOP ties certain ones of those up in court, they could dictate that result, instead.
The GOP right now has more votes in the House than the dems for that decision.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51949 on: October 02, 2020, 01:04:49 PM »

Biden's camp reports that their September fundraising topped their record August amount. It's expected that that will increase his financial advantage over the president.

And I have to wonder how those attending fundraisers with Trump feel, now, knowing that he went on Thursday to a fundraiser knowing Hope Hicks had tested positive, but not telling anybody then. And then testing positive, himself hours later.

He was showing mild symptoms all day on Thursday, according to staff.

According to staff

Heh

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51950 on: October 02, 2020, 01:05:14 PM »

Shhh

Dr Oz is on.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51951 on: October 02, 2020, 01:15:44 PM »

I haven't looked at the Republican Party constitution.

The Dems don't reconvene a convention if their candidate is no longer available. Instead, their Executive Committee has the full power of the Party and the Convention between convened conventions and would arrive at its own decision.

But that's not the troubling issue. It's all about the Electoral College.

My post had nothing to do with "the troubling issue."

However, the EC is one thing --> SCOTUS is another, tied to both the EC issue and the next one --> If the EC cannot decide the election, it goes to the House for a state by state vote, one cast per state. If the GOP ties certain ones of those up in court, they could dictate that result, instead.
The GOP right now has more votes in the House than the dems for that decision.

Yes, 26 to 23.

It is very unclear what that will be after the next Congress convenes and they will be making that vote, not the current Congress.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51952 on: October 02, 2020, 01:16:27 PM »

Shhh

Dr Oz is on.

Better than Scott Atlass.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51953 on: October 02, 2020, 01:27:51 PM »

56% expect Trump will win the election; 40% think Biden will

https://news.gallup.com/poll/321347/trump-pre-debate-job-approval-highest-may.aspx

As I've said before in this space, there is literally no poll less interesting than polling people on how they think other people will vote. 

At least 10% of the people who think Trump will win don't want him to.  People are naturally pessimistic.  Certainly plenty of reason this last year for them to be so!

That kiidcarter8 posts the above as a positive sign of Trump's electoral chances (though he will deny it) is hilarious.

Far more hilarious to me are:
1) The morning after Trump has tested positive (and after Kid belittled the risks of Hicks' positive state), this is his first post.

2) Kid makes a post after post telling us to watch polling trends and this was it. The last five polls that RCP has posted have Biden ahead by an average of 9.4. Only one of those was done as much half after the "debate." He has nothing to say about polling trends, either.

You need to look at individual polls.  I post where the trends are away from Biden

Rasmussen currently goes way toward Biden when looking at last 2 polls.  But I always use 3

I need to, huh?

So, here is an example of why I no longer trust RCP.

Today's arbitrary change to what polls they use had them shift from the USC 14 day that they have been using for a month or two now to the 7 day, and not even linking back to USC's on page, but to a screen shot of it that they took so that RCP readers would not see that USC is now relying on the 14 day shot.

Too funny. And very sad. All at once.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51954 on: October 02, 2020, 01:32:14 PM »

The President's decisions and actions have consequences.

Some are on a smaller scale than others. We will see how large this outbreak becomes.

Two more Covid-19 cases reported at the White House, according to memo

An internal memo from the White House Correspondents Association board to reporters says there are "two additional cases of COVID-19 at the White House."

The memo, obtained by CNN's Brian Stelter, says members of the media are being notified "so that you can make informed judgements."

A journalist who was tested "as part of today's in-house pool" received a preliminary positive result. And a White House staffer who sits in the "lower press" area of the West Wing received a confirmed positive result on Friday morning. 

"All other journalists tested today tested negative," according to the memo.

The correspondents association board said "we can't stress enough the importance of mask-wearing, social distancing and common sense, especially on the White House complex."

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51955 on: October 02, 2020, 01:34:37 PM »

Trump not participating in midday call about coronavirus support for seniors, source says
From CNN's Priscilla Alvarez, Kevin Liptak, and Kaitlan Collins

President Trump is not participating in the midday call about coronavirus support for seniors that was listed on his public schedule.

Instead, Vice President Mike Pence kicked off the call, saying Trump asked him to lead it, according to a state official.

That was the only item that was on Trump's public schedule today after the COVID test result.

He dropped off that. Not a good sign.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51956 on: October 02, 2020, 02:20:38 PM »

Biden tested negative.

I imagine he will be tested again for a couple more days in a row.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51957 on: October 02, 2020, 02:24:39 PM »

https://www.salon.com/2020/09/29/data-leak-2016-trump-campaign-listed-35-million-black-people-it-wanted-to-stop-from-voting

Why would we think anything has changed.

btw, the number is 3.5 million, but periods don't work well in that part of the URL, so it looks like 35 million.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51958 on: October 02, 2020, 02:42:38 PM »

Biden tested negative.

I imagine he will be tested again for a couple more days in a row.
I believe he, and Harris, have been tested daily for some time.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51959 on: October 02, 2020, 03:00:25 PM »

NBC as well which just went from 10 to 13 for Joe

Seems they feel a Biden loss right now would be a real choke job.

A real choke job is what republican operatives, strategists, and funders will be doing on their air tubes as they try to stay alive. Sad. Thoughts and prayers.

Senator Mike Lee tested positive. His caucus should all stay home and quarantine.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 3462 3463 [3464] 3465 3466 ... 4288