Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3632 3633 [3634] 3635 3636 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1603529 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #54495 on: October 25, 2020, 01:08:43 AM »

75-80% COVID deaths could have been prevented by using HCQ

- OAN report out of California

Doctor has cured 1700 patients - with ZERO deaths

Says more people die from taking Tylenol than hydroxychloroquine.

Lord have mercy!

Kid struggles mightily with concepts like "scientific method" and "blind study" and "peer reviewed."

OAN claims a doctor says it, it must be so! "Doctor says..." And none of them has died! Not a single person. Isn't that just amazing?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54496 on: October 25, 2020, 01:12:21 AM »

The Lincoln Project has responded to the letter from Jared and Ivanka's representative that threatened a lawsuit over the Times Square billboards. Here is that response, complete with an advisory that Mr Kushner and Ms Trump must retain all records relevant to this matter from that moment, on:

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #54497 on: October 25, 2020, 01:40:12 AM »

Not only has hydroxychloraquine been proven ineffective, but it actually interferes with remdesivir,
whose effectiveness is still somewhat uncertain but is the only medicine FDA approved for Covid treatement.

Kiid fails to realize that you can find someone on the wrong side of any argument, debate, situation. 
They are usually either incompetent, on the take, or have some other motivation or interest that makes them stick
 with discredited theories and ideas.  Now legit skepticism can be a good thing. Settled ideas and science can be wrong
And most things with Covid are far from settled.

But right before an important election lots of BS and kookiness is going to be floated, and most should be ignored.
If HCQ is of any use, let's revisit that and these claims and these doctors in 3 weeks time.  My guess is by then
they will have lost interest and melted away and their claims dropped.
In other words if you can't detect last gasp political disinformation by now you are a dupe a fraud or an imbecile. 
Or all of the above.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #54498 on: October 25, 2020, 01:44:27 AM »

in bambuland, 80% of small businesses fail in the first 5 years. We were very wary lending money to people to start small businesses, especially when they were using their parents' homes as security.
I wasn't very popular...nothing new...because I used to explain to the parents very slowly, very carefully, and very clearly what would happen if their children's business was not successful and they could not repay the loan.
"This is a legal document. It says that if your children cannot repay the loan, maybe something happen and the business not good, ...the bank will sell your home, to get its money back...and you will have no home to live in...you understand?"
"No, no, no...we no want to do that".
Not good for bank business, but hey, I felt good.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 01:47:42 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #54499 on: October 25, 2020, 01:44:45 AM »

I saw the new Borat movie Depicting America up close enough to see all its warts.  The Rudy stuff was cringey and neatly cancels out the Toobin Zoom-in.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54500 on: October 25, 2020, 02:30:35 AM »

Kiid fails to realize that you can find someone on the wrong side of any argument, debate, situation. 
They are usually either incompetent, on the take, or have some other motivation or interest that makes them stick
 with discredited theories and ideas.  Now legit skepticism can be a good thing. Settled ideas and science can be wrong
And most things with Covid are far from settled.

It's not that he fails to realize that.

It's that he embodies it.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #54501 on: October 25, 2020, 04:25:55 AM »

When I managed the Canine Country Club dog kennel, I wanted to open Canine Country Club kennels all around the world, like McDonald's restaurants. I was going to be rich. I worked so hard for nothing.

https://www.caninecountryclub.us/rates

Salute,

Tony V.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #54502 on: October 25, 2020, 04:42:36 AM »

As an academic exercise, I was pretending that Kiid had honesty and integrity ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54503 on: October 25, 2020, 05:30:07 AM »

When I managed the Canine Country Club dog kennel, I wanted to open Canine Country Club kennels all around the world, like McDonald's restaurants. I was going to be rich. I worked so hard for nothing.

Salute,

Tony V.

Sounds like a good gig. What happened?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #54504 on: October 25, 2020, 05:37:25 AM »

The October surprise keeps surprising,

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/24/pences-chief-of-staff-tests-positive-coronavirus-432157

Pence won’t isolate. He has more Covid to spread this upcoming week.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #54505 on: October 25, 2020, 05:49:01 AM »

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #54506 on: October 25, 2020, 07:04:41 AM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Sounds like a good gig. What happened?

The boss gave the kennel to his step-son, so I quit. He promised to sell the kennel to me, but he turned around and gave the kennel to his step-son.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54507 on: October 25, 2020, 07:08:20 AM »

Not only has hydroxychloraquine been proven ineffective, but it actually interferes with remdesivir,
whose effectiveness is still somewhat uncertain but is the only medicine FDA approved for Covid treatement.

As I have said all along - doctors used - and still use - what is available rather than just let people die

FDA blanket approval is always nice - and sure - in time we have seen REMDESIVIR might be better than HCQ.  But it wasn't/often isn't available.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 3632 3633 [3634] 3635 3636 ... 4288