Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3661 3662 [3663] 3664 3665 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1882352 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #54932 on: October 28, 2020, 12:54:18 PM »

I'm waiting in an epic line to vote.

If you have earbuds, I recommend Parliament's "We've Got the Funk."  Really keeps the blood flowing, so it won't collect in your feet.  I have not yet determined if it's the most repetitive song in classic pop/rock/funk.  "Brick House" would give it some competition.   

Seriously, good on ya, mate!

barton

« Reply #54933 on: October 28, 2020, 12:57:38 PM »

[i[I am so surprised

Why not?[/i]

Federal tax issues, for one.  The PR economy is already a mess.  Cash in pocket would decrease and businesses would leave.

And the US doesnt want it.

You need to stop hanging out with Ward. He's rubbing off on you.
Now, now. The only things Ward rubs off on are his well worn Reagan poster and his soiled copy of The Fountainhead.

Dammit!  I get here late and miss all the low-hanging joke fruit!  Though I'm not sure "low-hanging" quite fits with that whole theme of Red's onanism.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54934 on: October 28, 2020, 01:01:33 PM »

Oops...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/28/politics/woodward-kushner-coronavirus-doctors/index.html

Paraphrasing Jared: 'Let's set it up so we can blame the governors, while taking any credit for success! Yeah, that's the ticket!'

Jared Kushner bragged in April that Trump was taking the country 'back from the doctors'

Kushner also described for Woodward the political calculations for the President -- instead of coming up with a federal plan to tackle the virus, Trump put that responsibility on governors. In his April 18 interview, Kushner described how he believed Trump had set himself up to reap the political benefits of a successful containment of the virus while ensuring that state governors, and not the President, would be blamed for any failure to stop the spread.

"The states have to own the testing," Kushner said. "The federal government should not own the testing. And the federal government should not own kind of the rules. It's got to be up to the governors, because that's the way the federalist system works."

He went on: "But the President also is very smart politically with the way he did that fight with the governors to basically say, no, no, no, no, I own the opening. Because again, the opening is going to be very popular. People want this country open. But if it opens in the wrong way, the question will be, did the governors follow the guidelines we set out or not?"

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54935 on: October 28, 2020, 01:04:36 PM »

Flu shots only became free when the ACA was passed?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #54936 on: October 28, 2020, 01:05:05 PM »

I am so surprised

Why not?

Federal tax issues, for one.  The PR economy is already a mess.  Cash in pocket would decrease and businesses would leave.

Conservatives don’t want more folks who would most likely vote for the Democratic Party.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54937 on: October 28, 2020, 01:05:31 PM »

Rubella/measles/mumps?

We paid for those vaccines before Obama became president?

I wasn't aware.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54938 on: October 28, 2020, 01:07:31 PM »

I am so surprised

Why not?

Conservatives don’t want more folks who would most likely vote for the Democratic Party.

House couldnt pass a PR statehood bill when Obama was in office.

barton

« Reply #54939 on: October 28, 2020, 01:07:48 PM »

Just a random thought on the admin's various attempts to suppress votes....if they foster distrust in mail voting, and actively try to subvert is as they are in PA (which GOP action is going to go before Any Phony Parrot et al in a couple days, IIRC), then that results in more people attempting in-person voting.  And what demographic is most likely to successfully stand in line for many hours, no matter the weather?  There are multiple hypotheticals here, but it's interesting to contemplate.

Larry, yeah, I've seen how the GOP hates the idea of PR statehood.  But I wouldn't blame PR if, after everything, they decided they didn't want any part of us.  But I think they'd be a great addition to these Untied States.

barton

« Reply #54940 on: October 28, 2020, 01:09:23 PM »

I am so surprised

Why not?

There was a reason for that.   Can you guess what it was?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54941 on: October 28, 2020, 01:11:50 PM »

I am so surprised

Why not?

There was a reason for that.   Can you guess what it was?

kid's not big on details.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #54942 on: October 28, 2020, 01:16:20 PM »

PR Status Referendum of 2012 had 500,000 blank ballots.  Congress viewed the SR 2012 with doubt, and decided to wait for a better run SR before proceeding.  That one was in 2017.  I think you can piece the rest together, KCart.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #54944 on: October 28, 2020, 01:31:27 PM »

Share this with your fellow voters on line with you, Yank!
Pages: 1 ... 3661 3662 [3663] 3664 3665 ... 4288