Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3667 3668 [3669] 3670 3671 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1882403 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #55020 on: October 29, 2020, 01:00:13 AM »

Affirmative Action as a policy will be given to a long awaited death penalty now that Barrett is on SCOTUS.
And the biggest beneficiaries will be blacks

Yes.  Eliminating the failed Affirmative Actions will BENEFIT blacks.
Big Time

But you have NO metrics to recommend using to illustrate that you are right.

No way to demonstrate after the fact that you were right.

Just bluster.

p.s. Others have already proven you wrong on your final claim. which I did not repeat.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #55021 on: October 29, 2020, 01:44:55 AM »

I am considering dropping this site after the election.

Anybody interested in taking on the moderator position if/when I go?

If so, drop me a PM letting me know why you'd want that joy-inducing power. Thanks.

I'd do it just to ban people.

Would the accused get a trial?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #55022 on: October 29, 2020, 02:27:02 AM »

I am considering dropping this site after the election.

Anybody interested in taking on the moderator position if/when I go?

If so, drop me a PM letting me know why you'd want that joy-inducing power. Thanks.

I'd do it just to ban people.

Would the accused get a trial?

No.  But bans wouldn't be permanent.  Redemption is available for those who amend their ways.

24 hours for a first offense.  48 hours for a second offense. Etc.

Dissent is fine.  Trolling isn't.

Hard to define trolling but you know it when you see it. 

Trolls will learn where the line is by stepping over it and eventually stop stepping over it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 02:33:48 AM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55023 on: October 29, 2020, 03:24:34 AM »

Affirmative Action as a policy will be given to a long awaited death penalty now that Barrett is on SCOTUS.
And the biggest beneficiaries will be blacks

Yes.  Eliminating the failed Affirmative Actions will BENEFIT blacks.
Big Time

But you have NO metrics to recommend using to illustrate that you are right.
But we do   affirmative Action has failed.
And Blacks made Better progress without quotas, etc. as has been documented.
Don’t let the door hit you in your butt in the way out.

Josh, paying attention to what Red says, as if he were a sapient being, is completely fruitless. He simply doesn’t function that way.

He’s basically a failing liver that has somehow taken control of a whole body.
He’s a decent barometer and weathervane for happenings on the psychotic fringe right, but he’s essentially dead from the neck up. Way to sauced to talk to, occasionally steerable with slaps and kicks.

He’s ready to speak for all Black People and render judgement on Affirmative Action because he happened to drool on a book. It’s the red flashing clown nose letting all of us know never to take the fool seriously except as far as things he misapprehends may drive his ridiculous noises.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55024 on: October 29, 2020, 04:06:32 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/10/28/jessica-denson-former-trump-campaign-support-biden-sot-lead-vpx.cnn

Head of Hispanic Outreach for the Trump 2016 campaign explains why she supports Biden and sees Trump as fraudulent, to say the least.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #55025 on: October 29, 2020, 04:10:27 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/10/28/jessica-denson-former-trump-campaign-support-biden-sot-lead-vpx.cnn

Head of Hispanic Outreach for the Trump 2016 campaign explains why she supports Biden and sees Trump as fraudulent, to say the least.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #55026 on: October 29, 2020, 05:10:56 AM »

Your legs function as a secondary blood pump to your heart,  so you don't want the blood that goes down there to be chilled when it circulates back up into your torso.

An octopus has three hearts.
A hagfish has 4.

Maybe in the future they'll make humans with a secondary heart so you can live if your main heart gives out.  Or insert a second heart when you reach 70...
(another way for athlete's to cheat)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #55028 on: October 29, 2020, 05:35:01 AM »

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/-natural-experiment-paints-clear-picture-masks-work-94815301608
20 counties honored the Kansas governor's mask mandate. The rest opted out.
A natural experiment, if flawed because of permeable boundaries. Clear enough, however, to show how it worked.

Kansas always makes for a good state laboratory of democracy.
Such as when the governor Sam Brownback severely cut business and individual taxes since tax cuts always lead to a huge business boom which improve the economy and increase tax returns. 
Oops. 
The state verged on bankruptcy and had to slash spending on schools and most other services, as the boom never materialized, and tax revenues dried up.  Which is why red-state Kansas now has a Democratic governor Laura Kelly.

The best refutation of Reaganomics, supply-side, trickle down nonsense.  Though it's always been the same result at the national level as well.  A fraud that benefits the rich and defunds public services.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 05:49:19 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #55029 on: October 29, 2020, 06:01:40 AM »

Josh:
Simply put Red on Ignore and stop engaging with him.
It's pointless, as he'll never admit to being wrong, is frequently wrong, rarely provides evidence or backs up his statements, and is basically a right-wing troll sapping your time and energy.

Nothing is gained by refuting him.  It's just a waste of time.
I have Red on Iggy and don't read his drivel except when others quote him.  I might respond, but it's likely to be one post and done with it.  Engaging with Red is an exercise in futility and frustration.

As for affirmative action, just look at the makeup of police departments around the country and tell me it would have been the same without intentional hiring of minorities.   And these are good jobs that pull people into the middle class and gain social standing. 

Affirmative action is allowed as a legal remedy for past discrimination.  That is it is a punishment intended to redress the past harm and make society and the black community whole again.  How things would have been except for discrimination keeping blacks out of jobs and universities.   To withstand legal challenges, police and fire departments and universities around the country documented their past racist policies of hiring and admittance.

Only after the harms from past discrimination have been dealt with can we get to a fair color-blind system/society.  Otherwise you are allowing whites to benefit and blacks to be harmed by past discrimination and just shrugging and moving on.  Illegal activity and a distinct class of people harmed gets legal remedies and redress in our system.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #55030 on: October 29, 2020, 06:16:13 AM »

Yankguy:
You should have made a voting line mix.
I would have started it out with my Trump Era theme song,
1. Marion Williams - Bad News, Bad Times
2. Bob Marley - Waiting in Vain
3. Jimmy Cliff - Suffering in the Land (surprisingly upbeat considering the title)

You probably wouldn't want to load up on too many waiting songs, as though they were mocking you, but some that could be spaced out in a longer list:

Dock of the Bay (you could mix it up with the excellent Aaron Neville version)
Sitting Here in Limbo - Jimmy Cliff (sure, you'd be standing, but limbo is limbo)The Many Rivers to Cross would also work -- you know, a long journey
Long and Winding Road as well

Well, that's a two minute start.
I mailed my ballot.
But will take Uno's advice and try to track it.  I have a mailing tracking number and there's the NJ ballot tracking system.  Pretty unsure if my ballot will count.

They really should make it easier to vote (and register to vote).
Waiting hours to vote is bad policy, management.
It should be fast and easy to vote.
Biden and the Dems Congress should pass an Election Day holiday bill.  Hell, they should be campaigning on it.  How isn't that popular?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55031 on: October 29, 2020, 08:48:27 AM »

Yankguy:
You should have made a voting line mix.
I would have started it out with my Trump Era theme song,
1. Marion Williams - Bad News, Bad Times
2. Bob Marley - Waiting in Vain
3. Jimmy Cliff - Suffering in the Land (surprisingly upbeat considering the title)

You probably wouldn't want to load up on too many waiting songs, as though they were mocking you, but some that could be spaced out in a longer list:

Dock of the Bay (you could mix it up with the excellent Aaron Neville version)
Sitting Here in Limbo - Jimmy Cliff (sure, you'd be standing, but limbo is limbo)The Many Rivers to Cross would also work -- you know, a long journey
Long and Winding Road as well

Well, that's a two minute start.
I mailed my ballot.
But will take Uno's advice and try to track it.  I have a mailing tracking number and there's the NJ ballot tracking system.  Pretty unsure if my ballot will count.

They really should make it easier to vote (and register to vote).
Waiting hours to vote is bad policy, management.
It should be fast and easy to vote.
Biden and the Dems Congress should pass an Election Day holiday bill.  Hell, they should be campaigning on it.  How isn't that popular?

Before this year voter suppression was for minorities.

This year the GOP attacked everyone’s voting rights and to be fair white folks were caught flat footed.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #55032 on: October 29, 2020, 09:21:41 AM »

So with no moderator, this site will be closing in a week or two?
Damn that.
I just get comfortable and the chair collapses.

You are 10%. And really stupid.

You should stop trying to infer meaning from things. Ward can't handle analogies or metaphor, but you can't handle simple English.

Wow - great moderator work, bro.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #55033 on: October 29, 2020, 09:23:03 AM »

More winning!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/satellite-photos-reportedly-show-construction-iran-nuclear-site-n1245073

Boy, sure is a good thing we showed those Iranians! Otherwise, they might be building stuff at their nuclear site...

Getting a jump on stuff they can do unheeded if Biden wins.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #55034 on: October 29, 2020, 09:27:34 AM »

5 days out - 52% approval

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_oct29

Trump made a passing comment that no president with such high approval lost re-election.  Does anyone know if this  true? recent Bush and Carter?

*of course there were much fewer polls back then

Pages: 1 ... 3667 3668 [3669] 3670 3671 ... 4288