Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3674 3675 [3676] 3677 3678 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2004641 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #55125 on: October 29, 2020, 06:24:50 PM »

The Hill, Rasmussen, IBD

+4, +3, +2 for Biden

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html#!

This would be an example of your not using the 4-way every time. There are many many more.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55126 on: October 29, 2020, 06:28:53 PM »

Larry, the same applies to the problems Steven Miller is having with not being white.

And Jay Sekulow and Jared Kushner.

These motherfuckers see this pandemic as a final solution of sorts.

Poor choice of words, Larry. Reflects the prejudice towards Jews that is found so often in the black community.

It wasn’t a poor choice of words. It was a deliberate statement.

Thanks for confirming your status.  Now we know .

Nah, you know shit.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55127 on: October 29, 2020, 06:33:15 PM »

Larry,  I can't prove you're wrong.  Does that mean I think shirking sensible pandemic procedures is a deliberate plot to cull Democrats from the populace?   I'm not buying into the Zyklon B theory yet.   I'm inclined to think it's more about boosting infection rates in blue strongholds to make Democratic officials look inept and to induce more panic about voting.   It's still awful,  but not gas chamber awful.   

That said,  if your analogy to the Final Solution was borne out by some leak of documents,  I'd be heating up the tar and plucking the chickens for Stephen Miller and his rat siblings.   But am not there yet.

Democrats?

Minorities, immigrants, elderly.

Documents?

Fuck what what they say pay attention to what they do!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55128 on: October 29, 2020, 06:34:03 PM »

Kushner is a shit head who knows nothing about anything.

Trump loses in '16 without Kushner

Trump loses in ‘16 without Putin and Comey.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55129 on: October 29, 2020, 06:37:54 PM »

I don't know if knicks use was intentionally prejudicial, but I agree with Utley that it was a poor choice of words.

IMO "final solution" is a pretty loaded term, with its understanding generally known.

While Trump's fascination and flirting (or heavy dating) with fascism, and that he is admires authoritarian dictators, blurs the distinction between the 30's Nazi's and authoritarianism, I think equating the Nazi's long-term meticulous plan and goal for the extermination of European Jews and other peoples seen as less than human, with the Trump administration's inept response to a virus is wrong as it diminshes the pure evil of Hitler by comapring it to the greed, corruption and stupidity of Trump.

It was a deliberate choice as was the choice the Administration made in its response to the pandemic.

It was a crisis until it became clear WHO was dying in the greatest numbers. Black, brown, elderly and otherwise infirm.

Knicks

If your words were deliberate, as you say the were, and you understood the meaning and context of "final solution", which you do not deny, you then  knowingly equated the Nazi's long term goal to, and carefully crafted plan to exterminate of millions of European Jews and other sub-humans, with Trump's inept approach to contain a deadly virus.

You should know better. And you probably do.

But prejudice is also a tough virus to get rid of.

And that virus infects people of all races, colors and religions, but unlike you, covid does not discriminate.

I take it back, for an ignorant hateful anti-semitc bigot your words were well chosen.

Sadly, as you've proven knicks, prejudice is more contagious than covid, infects for a lifetime, and can be far more deadly.

Covid doesn’t discriminate and in case you hadn’t noticed this Administration doesn’t give a fuck about ANYONE.

It was a crisis until they figured out who was dying at the greatest rate.

Pull your head out of your ass.

ACHTUNG BITCHES!

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55130 on: October 29, 2020, 06:42:02 PM »

Larry,  I can't prove you're wrong.  Does that mean I think shirking sensible pandemic procedures is a deliberate plot to cull Democrats from the populace?   I'm not buying into the Zyklon B theory yet.   I'm inclined to think it's more about boosting infection rates in blue strongholds to make Democratic officials look inept and to induce more panic about voting.   It's still awful,  but not gas chamber awful.   

So... they chose to withhold aid from Blue states and to allow the thing to run its course in them, knowing it was deadlier than they were letting on to the public and spread more easily than they were letting on to the public, but since it was only killing some of the African-Americans at a far higher rate than it was killing whites, you figure it isn't "gas chamber awful."

I think you've wandered into "was Stalin worse than Idi Amin" territory.

The Trump administration was actively allowing people to get sick and die to further their political ambitions.

What percentage of folks had to die for it to hit "gas chamber awful?"

That it did not kill more people is not their fault.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55131 on: October 29, 2020, 06:43:05 PM »

Okay, he knows almost nothing about anything, but he remains a lying racist shithead.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55132 on: October 29, 2020, 06:43:21 PM »

That said,  if your analogy to the Final Solution was borne out by some leak of documents,  I'd be heating up the tar and plucking the chickens for Stephen Miller and his rat siblings.   But am not there yet.

This is a distillation of what moved me. Keep it in context of now public audio from don and jared

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/07/trumps-war-on-blue-states-is-worse-than-previously-thought.html
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55133 on: October 29, 2020, 06:46:38 PM »

Okay, he knows almost nothing about anything, but he remains a lying racist shithead.

Considering how trump winning in ‘16 is working out for all involved, Kiid’s retort is more positive than dispositive of the initial assertion.

I’m hitting the examiner article that Larry posted on the subject because I’ve run out of decent horror programming on my subscription services.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55134 on: October 29, 2020, 06:48:16 PM »

I don't know if knicks use was intentionally prejudicial, but I agree with Utley that it was a poor choice of words.

IMO "final solution" is a pretty loaded term, with its understanding generally known.

While Trump's fascination and flirting (or heavy dating) with fascism, and that he is admires authoritarian dictators, blurs the distinction between the 30's Nazi's and authoritarianism, I think equating the Nazi's long-term meticulous plan and goal for the extermination of European Jews and other peoples seen as less than human, with the Trump administration's inept response to a virus is wrong as it diminshes the pure evil of Hitler by comapring it to the greed, corruption and stupidity of Trump.

It was a deliberate choice as was the choice the Administration made in its response to the pandemic.

It was a crisis until it became clear WHO was dying in the greatest numbers. Black, brown, elderly and otherwise infirm.

Knicks

If your words were deliberate, as you say the were, and you understood the meaning and context of "final solution", which you do not deny, you then  knowingly equated the Nazi's long term goal to, and carefully crafted plan to exterminate of millions of European Jews and other sub-humans, with Trump's inept approach to contain a deadly virus.

I think you're missing the point:

It was not "merely" an inept approach to contain a deadly virus.

It was a conscious decision on the administration's part to not try to contain that deadly virus, but to allow it to do its work without the federal government getting in its way.

"Oh, we didn't do anything to cause that to happen. Such a shame that it did. You will be in our thoughts and prayers."

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55135 on: October 29, 2020, 06:50:00 PM »

You misspelled Comey.
A parrot bit me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55136 on: October 29, 2020, 06:50:11 PM »

Knicks

You should know better. And you probably do.

But prejudice is also a tough virus to get rid of.

And that virus infects people of all races, colors and religions, but unlike you, covid does not discriminate.

I take it back, for an ignorant hateful anti-semitc bigot your words were well chosen.

Sadly, as you've proven knicks, prejudice is more contagious than covid, infects for a lifetime, and can be far more deadly.

Covid doesn’t discriminate and in case you hadn’t noticed this Administration doesn’t give a fuck about ANYONE.

It was a crisis until they figured out who was dying at the greatest rate.

Pull your head out of your ass.

ACHTUNG BITCHES!

Not much of a rebuttal there Adolph.

Trump did not know who the virus was going to kill,

He hoped it was going to be contained to NYC-NJ and the blue states and tried to make political points about but then it spread and killed indiscriminately.

Hitler discriminated.

He had a real good idea who he had penciled in for extermination.

and yes Trump is an evil narcisstic sociopath who cares only for people who further his aims.

And then he throws them away.

barton

« Reply #55137 on: October 29, 2020, 06:56:21 PM »

So... they chose to withhold aid from Blue states and to allow the thing to run its course in them, knowing it was deadlier than they were letting on to the public and spread more easily than they were letting on to the public, but since it was only killing some of the African-Americans at a far higher rate than it was killing whites, you figure it isn't "gas chamber awful."

I think you've wandered into "was Stalin worse than Idi Amin" territory.

The Trump administration was actively allowing people to get sick and die to further their political ambitions.

What percentage of folks had to die for it to hit "gas chamber awful?"

That it did not kill more people is not their fault.

Not my point at all.   I'm saying the tactic is awful in a different sense than deliberately rounding up six million people and putting them in brutal camps and then murdering them.   I'm saying the cynical plotting to throw blue states/districts into disarray and panic is not aimed in the same direct genocidal way as Hitler's holocaust.   For Christ sake,  I'm not saying it would be more or less awful depending on what group is targeted,  or that I'm trying to rank homicidal sociopaths of history.   Give me a little credit.   

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #55138 on: October 29, 2020, 07:02:55 PM »

Daily Tele:

"According to French reports, Aoussaoui arrived in Europe just a few weeks ago.
The mayor of Nice, Christian Estrosi, said the man had said "Allahu Akbar" multiple times while he was being detained by police."

#####

Well there you go.

Paper says he landed on the Italian island of Lampedusa in late Sept, where he was placed in quarantine before being released with an order to quit Italian territory.
He arrived in France in early October.
Some countries in Europe have embraced "closed borders", wisely.
Trump has.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55139 on: October 29, 2020, 07:03:21 PM »

Knicks

I think you're missing the point:

It was not "merely" an inept approach to contain a deadly virus.

It was a conscious decision on the administration's part to not try to contain that deadly virus, but to allow it to do its work without the federal government getting in its way.

"Oh, we didn't do anything to cause that to happen. Such a shame that it did. You will be in our thoughts and prayers."

The point you missed Josh and the only point I addressed with knicks was his equating a 15 year plan to exterminate European Jews with an air-borne virus that attacks indiscriminately.

Trump's indifference to and his inept handling of this public health crisis has long been accepted by most here.

That he tried to politicize the crisis is also widely understood and accepted.

However Knicks use of specific language to equate a well orchestrated plan to erdicate Europe of Jews with covid, minimiizes what many consider one of the most heinous acts of genocide in history.

My point was to question knick's inflammatory intent.

You missed the fucking point.
Pages: 1 ... 3674 3675 [3676] 3677 3678 ... 4288