Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3720 3721 [3722] 3723 3724 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1940421 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #55815 on: November 04, 2020, 10:24:02 AM »

I think we'll have President Biden by a hair's breadth.

And if he hits 270 without PA, then likely PA will be counted fairly and Biden could/should win there as well, topping him off at 290.
Michigan seems to be the key right now.

Thus far, my NJ ballot isn't listed as received.
I should dig up my postal receipt and check the date it was mailed.  And try the tracking number. 

It should have received a US postmark by Election Day.  Though with CoVid and Trumpism, China is limiting mail routes to the US.  I sent my mother a b-day card in October and it took 22 days to arrive, where ordinarily it would be 10-14 days.

Dating back to colonial days, the postal service here has all forms for international mail in both Chinese and French.  Kind of unusual.  La Poste Chinoise my receipt reads across the top.  Elsewhere French isn't used at all.

Edit:
02 Nov 2020  11:44 AM
Delivered, Front Desk/Reception/Mail Room. Your item was delivered to the front desk, reception area, or mail room at 11:44 am on November 2, 2020 in EAST BRUNSWICK, NJ 08816.

So it was delivered the day before Election Day.  Very Nice!
Feels like a made a significant effort of sorts, but much less than those who waited in hours long lines, with the added worry of an invisible virus still stalking them courtesy of Trump.

Need to make registering and voting much easier than it is.
Hours long waits certainly discourage some folks from voting.
The increased mailability was an improvement this go round, but we'll see what % were challenged or otherwise discounted.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55816 on: November 04, 2020, 10:41:58 AM »

Where's the good news for the Left?

AZ for Biden
Sen. Hickenlooper in CO
Legal weed in NJ

... and a chance Biden wins.

Another underperform for the Dems.

Maybe they needed a better candidate folks were actually excited about.
Dems usually go for the bland establishment candidate (Mondale, Gore, Kerry, Hillary).  The two exceptions when the Dems ran outsiders who generated enthusiasm-- Clinton and Obama -- were both winning plays.  All the establishment candidates lost.  Sure it's not easy to find political stars, but enthusiasm matters.

Otherwise:
Biden should have talked up the Obama economy more.  And the Bill Clinton economy.  And made the case that the Dems run the economy better.

Tied his much improved handling of CV-19 with opening the economy sooner and better.

Also should have campaigned with Jill more, as she is smart, appealing and looks a lot more youthful than Ol' Joe.

And should have spent more time in MI and WI and PA, the three states that again will determine the election.  Close n NC, GA and FL is nice but still = losing.  Just win those 3 midwest states and it was a wrap.  Same as last go for Hillary.

Another huge 4-year *SIGH*

Best scenario wight now is Biden still pulls through and survives all the Trump legal challenges in PA.  And a 50-50 Senate.  So could still be a DEM sweep by the barest of margins (in what should have been a landslide year).

You ought to wonder what the fuck is wrong with white people.

Bigotry from Lawrence, again.

Whenever the outcome of an event is uncertain, Lawrence is certain who to blame. Really no different than Trump.

Check the math, dickhead and tell me where’s the li.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 10:43:58 AM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55817 on: November 04, 2020, 10:45:27 AM »

AZ for Biden
Sen. Hickenlooper in CO
Legal weed in NJ

Dems usually go for the bland establishment candidate (Mondale, Gore, Kerry, Hillary).  The two exceptions when the Dems ran outsiders who generated enthusiasm-- Clinton and Obama -- were both winning plays.  All the establishment candidates lost.  Sure it's not easy to find political stars, but enthusiasm matters.

Otherwise:
Biden should have talked up the Obama economy more.  And the Bill Clinton economy.  And made the case that the Dems run the economy better.

Tied his much improved handling of CV-19 with opening the economy sooner and better.

Also should have campaigned with Jill more, as she is smart, appealing and looks a lot more youthful than Ol' Joe.

And should have spent more time in MI and WI and PA, the three states that again will determine the election.  Close n NC, GA and FL is nice but still = losing.  Just win those 3 midwest states and it was a wrap.  Same as last go for Hillary.

Best scenario wight now is Biden still pulls through and survives all the Trump legal challenges in PA.  And a 50-50 Senate.  So could still be a DEM sweep by the barest of margins (in what should have been a landslide year).

Whenever the outcome of an event is uncertain, Lawrence is certain who to blame. Really no different than Trump.

The math says blacks were staying home in NC.
Don't hear you blaming them

Racist.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #55818 on: November 04, 2020, 10:49:55 AM »

IOW,  good God I need caffeine,  Maine gives three out of four to whoever gets the most votes,  and then the more rural district gives one to DT.   It never splits two and two, does it?

That's what I thought.
1 EV for each district won.
And two for winning the state.
But I see Biden only with 2 Maine EV's, instead of 3 and I was wondering why.

EDIT:
Okay I see 3 for Biden and 1 for Trump now.
They just did it in a strange way.
With the 1 EV called early for Biden and so separated from the other 3.

I'm getting tired and fading here.
Didn't get a lot of sleep.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 11:05:22 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #55819 on: November 04, 2020, 11:04:03 AM »

I see three for Maine,  so not sure where you're getting that. 

Independent candidates for Senate in Maine have gotten 6.6% which is a nice chunk if most of those ranked choice votes had Gideon as second choice.   That would move her from 42-something up to 48-somethng percent so far.   Verrry tight.   

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #55820 on: November 04, 2020, 11:09:35 AM »

Not sure why, but I'm relatively optimistic.
Think Biden can/will win without the PA morass.
Of course, Trump's lawyers will likely demand a recount and try to disqualify ballots n MI if it winds up super-close. 

But if Biden also wins in PA, it would be pretty hard for Trump's folks to lawyer up and and switch two states.  Though of course Trump is hoping his Supreme Court hands him a victory.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Get out the vote! On second thought... don't do that, maybe
« Reply #55821 on: November 04, 2020, 11:27:56 AM »

Trump with 62.9 million votes in 2016 picked up over 4 million more votes this time around.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Found the 4 million Trump votes
« Reply #55822 on: November 04, 2020, 11:34:44 AM »

Libertarian party with 3 million fewer votes than 2016 (Way to go Jo Jo)
Green Party with 1.1 million fewer votes than in 2016

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55823 on: November 04, 2020, 11:38:15 AM »

AZ for Biden
Sen. Hickenlooper in CO
Legal weed in NJ

Otherwise:

Racist.

Blacks are 13% of the population. You’re blaming the minority for not saving the majority from themselves?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
So far...
« Reply #55824 on: November 04, 2020, 11:46:13 AM »

Looks like 139 million votes this time around vs. 135 million votes in 2016. 

Flipping AZ, WI, and MI from Red to Blue seems like the path Biden will take to 270.

Underrated factor for Biden was Washington State going from 8 EVs in 2016 to 12 this year.

Critical also as New Jersey lost an EV this time around.   

Those 3 flips (AZ 11, WI 10, MI 16) and Washington's 4 added EVs and Hawaii's 1 extra EV and Nebraska's 1 EV split on top of Hilary's 227 EVs take Biden to 270
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 11:54:07 AM by Kam »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55825 on: November 04, 2020, 11:48:41 AM »

AZ for Biden
Sen. Hickenlooper in CO
Legal weed in NJ

Otherwise:

Racist.

Blacks are 13% of the population. You’re blaming the minority for not saving the majority from themselves?

No. I'm showing how your bigotry and narrow perspective leads to your default setting that when things don't go as you expect, it's white people's fault.

Racist.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #55826 on: November 04, 2020, 11:55:42 AM »

You guys have to give it a rest.   C'mon one of you be the better man and stop.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55827 on: November 04, 2020, 12:03:15 PM »

Both sides, huh?

Lyndon Johnson

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #55828 on: November 04, 2020, 12:22:10 PM »

Both sides, huh?

Not even close.  Trump saw good on both sides.  I'm not seeing good on either.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55829 on: November 04, 2020, 12:26:08 PM »

Both sides, huh?

Not even close.  Trump saw good on both sides.  I'm not seeing good on either.

Cool.

Utley gets his wish.

I’m out.  I’ll not respond to him again.

Peace.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 12:37:59 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 3720 3721 [3722] 3723 3724 ... 4288